- Getting Musical With Harmonics
- Scales On One String
- Inside Picking
- Playing Behind the Bridge and Above the Nut
- Keith Richards Style Chord Lick
- Major Pentatonic
- Double Drop D
- Breaking Up Barre Chords
- Thumbs Voicings
- How To Get Creative With A Blues Lick
- The Ultimate Country Lick
- Cool Surf Riff
- Outlaw Western
- Open Position Blues Tricks
- Writing Music On Guitar
- Hybrid Picking
- Arpeggiating Open Chords
- Conquering Stage Fright And Nerves
- Making Riffs Out Of Chords
- Chicks And Fills
- Cowboy Chords
- Simple Piano Style Blues Lick
- Easy String Bending Trick
- Making Pentatonic Sound Jazzy
- Knopfler-Style Rhythm Playing
- Knopfler-Style Lead Playing
In this channel episode Anders will show you an approach to playing cowboy chords on acoustic guitar.
The tip of the week is to remember that good rhythm playing will turn heads! A good groove is the one thing that works on any guitar, in any style.
This week's lesson is how embellish and ornament the most basic open chord that are typically called cowboy chords. Just by using a good grooving rhythm and a few embellishments you can get a full, rich, interesting sound.
This is a great way to get a lot of mileage out of very basic material.
If you like this lesson, then GT has more on embellishing open chords.
You need to be registered to ask our instructors a question.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this lesson yet.