- Getting Musical With Harmonics
- Scales On One String
- Inside Picking
- Playing Behind the Bridge and Above the Nut
- Keith Richards Style Chord Lick
- Major Pentatonic
- Double Drop D
- Breaking Up Barre Chords
- Thumbs Voicings
- How To Get Creative With A Blues Lick
- The Ultimate Country Lick
- Cool Surf Riff
- Outlaw Western
- Open Position Blues Tricks
- Writing Music On Guitar
- Hybrid Picking
- Arpeggiating Open Chords
- Conquering Stage Fright And Nerves
- Making Riffs Out Of Chords
- Chicks And Fills
- Cowboy Chords
- Simple Piano Style Blues Lick
- Easy String Bending Trick
- Making Pentatonic Sound Jazzy
- Knopfler-Style Rhythm Playing
- Knopfler-Style Lead Playing
In this channel episode Anders show you how to use a technique called hybrid picking.
The tip of the week is to put down your pick! It's possible to get a variety of sounds from your guitar by using your fingers instead of a pick. It's fun to experiment with your fingers if you are usually a pick player.
This week's lesson is how about hybrid picking. The idea is to use your pick normally held by your thumb and index, but to also include your other fingers in the mix! The musical example has a separated bass note played by the pick and upper string diads played by the middle and ring fingers.
If you like this lesson, then GT has more that cover hybrid picking ideas!
You need to be registered to ask our instructors a question.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this lesson yet.