- Getting Musical With Harmonics
- Scales On One String
- Inside Picking
- Playing Behind the Bridge and Above the Nut
- Keith Richards Style Chord Lick
- Major Pentatonic
- Double Drop D
- Breaking Up Barre Chords
- Thumbs Voicings
- How To Get Creative With A Blues Lick
- The Ultimate Country Lick
- Cool Surf Riff
- Outlaw Western
- Open Position Blues Tricks
- Writing Music On Guitar
- Hybrid Picking
- Arpeggiating Open Chords
- Conquering Stage Fright And Nerves
- Making Riffs Out Of Chords
- Chicks And Fills
- Cowboy Chords
- Simple Piano Style Blues Lick
- Easy String Bending Trick
- Making Pentatonic Sound Jazzy
- Knopfler-Style Rhythm Playing
- Knopfler-Style Lead Playing
In this channel episode Anders will you how to achieve a county style flavored tone that recalls the outlaw vibe from the old Spaghetti Westerns!
Start with a clean tone, then add a thick, deep, lush reverb (or echo) and some vibrato. If you can add a little vibrato from a whammy bar then you're ready to go! Play some bass notes, then an A minor chord, walk up to the next chord, a D major as the IV chord.
Finish by adding an F major then walk down the minor scale to start again! This creates the instant atmospheric vibe of those old Westerns!
If you like this lesson, then GT has 2 courses that include ideas on how to get country style guitar tones!