- Getting Musical With Harmonics
- Scales On One String
- Inside Picking
- Playing Behind the Bridge and Above the Nut
- Keith Richards Style Chord Lick
- Major Pentatonic
- Double Drop D
- Breaking Up Barre Chords
- Thumbs Voicings
- How To Get Creative With A Blues Lick
- The Ultimate Country Lick
- Cool Surf Riff
- Outlaw Western
- Open Position Blues Tricks
- Writing Music On Guitar
- Hybrid Picking
- Arpeggiating Open Chords
- Conquering Stage Fright And Nerves
- Making Riffs Out Of Chords
- Chicks And Fills
- Cowboy Chords
- Simple Piano Style Blues Lick
- Easy String Bending Trick
- Making Pentatonic Sound Jazzy
- Knopfler-Style Rhythm Playing
- Knopfler-Style Lead Playing
In this channel episode Anders will show you an approach to writing music on guitar.
The tip of the week is to use a song's lyrics to help you remember the song form. This is a great way to get a road map or birds eye view of a whole song at a glance.
This week's lesson is how to approach writing music on guitar. A common misconception is that writing music on guitar requires a magically ability or super advanced amount of music theory. But there are plenty of examples of simple songs that are a lot of fun and very successful. The main thing is to just get started and do something that sounds exciting enough to keep working on it!
If you like this lesson, then GT has more on composition and musicianship.
You need to be registered to ask our instructors a question.
Questions & Answers
There are no questions for this lesson yet.