- Getting Musical With Harmonics
- Scales On One String
- Inside Picking
- Playing Behind the Bridge and Above the Nut
- Keith Richards Style Chord Lick
- Major Pentatonic
- Double Drop D
- Breaking Up Barre Chords
- Thumbs Voicings
- How To Get Creative With A Blues Lick
- The Ultimate Country Lick
- Cool Surf Riff
- Outlaw Western
- Open Position Blues Tricks
- Writing Music On Guitar
- Hybrid Picking
- Arpeggiating Open Chords
- Conquering Stage Fright And Nerves
- Making Riffs Out Of Chords
- Chicks And Fills
- Cowboy Chords
- Simple Piano Style Blues Lick
- Easy String Bending Trick
- Making Pentatonic Sound Jazzy
- Knopfler-Style Rhythm Playing
- Knopfler-Style Lead Playing
In this channel episode Anders will show you how to play thumb voicings!
The tip of the week is to change your strings on a regular basis. We have a tutorial aimed at learn that skill.
This week's lesson is about learning to use thumb voicings. The basic idea is to hang your thumb over the top of the neck and use your thumb to play the bass note of a chord. This frees up your other fingers to play the higher register strings.
If you like this lesson, then the GT has other tutorials that incorporate thumb voicings!