- Guitar Tricks 153: Beginner Major Blues
- Guitar Tricks 155: Rhythm Blues Lick
- Guitar Tricks 156: Anders Blues Lick
- Guitar Tricks 160: Allman Brothers Style Lead
- Guitar Tricks 161: Soulful Blues Lead
- Guitar Tricks 163: Blues on the Low Notes
- Guitar Tricks 174: Texas Boogie Rhythm
- Guitar Tricks 175: Texas Boogie Turnaround
- Guitar Tricks 178: Blues Turnaround in F
- Guitar Tricks 180: Call and Answer Blues Lick
- Guitar Tricks 181 Mixing Major & Minor Blues
Neal shares his insight to getting more soulful sounding blues licks in this lesson. This "call and answer" lick is In the key of G minor and uses the box pattern commonly used by BB King and Eric Clapton. The simple tips in this lesson can help get you from "just playing notes" to playing more melodic and soulful blues lead.
Tip of the Week: How to track your progress easily. Record yourself practicing and playing. It's the best way to get objective feedback on how well you are playing.
If you like this lesson, then GT has a lot more that cover ideas on how to play blues lead guitar!