Fastest guitarist you know!!!

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/21/2005 11:01 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsCould you imagine a soprano singer wailing over a cannibal corpse song? It'd sound stupid.

Almost as stupid as the growling. :rolleyes:
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/22/2005 12:52 am
I'm curious Jolly(no,not that curious)if dying fetus(Great band technically...one of the few bands to use sweeps to create riffs...and they sing far more about political and social issues than gore)or cannabil corpse used 'cleaner' vocals,would the music be more accesible/acceptable to you?

note:I have a great appreciation for vocals in the vain of maiden,queensryche,judas priest e.c.t.

Also,ever hear the vocals of Death(the band),Sceptic or the like?Not your typical 'gutteral' growling...
Try once,fail twice...
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/22/2005 12:59 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartI'm curious Jolly(no,not that curious)if dying fetus(Great band technically...one of the few bands to use sweeps to create riffs...and they sing far more about political and social issues than gore)or cannabil corpse used 'cleaner' vocals,would the music be more accesible/acceptable to you?

Yes. Also if Cannibal Corpse would stop titleing their songs things like "Hammer Smash Face" I would have greater respect for them.

Also,ever hear the vocals of Death(the band),Sceptic or the like?Not your typical 'gutteral' growling...

I don't believe I have, but are they still screaming and difficult to understand?
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 3
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/22/2005 1:37 am
Yeah,cannabil corpse are set in their mold.

Death(the band)isnt hard to understand at all really...sceptic might be since they are foreign.they are different screaming i guess :confused:

moral of the story:mabey better not to dismiss any band just because of the genre they are labled with...
Try once,fail twice...
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/23/2005 1:00 am
Chuck (from Death) has more of a coherant bark as opposed to a growl.

Quote by Jolly
Yes. Also if Cannibal Corpse would stop titleing their songs things like "Hammer Smash Face" I would have greater respect for them.

But if they stopped growling and using such titles it wouldn't be death metal. So what I'm gathering is that you would like/respect death metal more if death metal wasn't death metal.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Homebrew1709
Homebrew1709
02/23/2005 1:49 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonYes. Also if Cannibal Corpse would stop titleing their songs things like "Hammer Smash Face" I would have greater respect for them.

hey "hammer smashed face" is like a title of a fairy tale compared to some of their other titles like "F**ked with a knife", "entrails ripped from a virgin's c*nt", "orgasm through tortue", and "Force Fed Broken Glass"...hahahahaha gotta love it...wait...maybe not, but it's still ammusing at least.
# 6
shreddingsoon
shreddingsoon
02/24/2005 7:38 pm
Although im not into his music all that much, buckethead is a master shredder. But for straight up style and speed lvin lee from ten years after. check out "im going home" from the original woodstock concert. PHEW! thats fast.
# 7
paradyme
paradyme
02/24/2005 9:21 pm
Originally Posted by: Homebrew1709hey "hammer smashed face" is like a title of a fairy tale compared to some of their other titles like "F**ked with a knife", "entrails ripped from a virgin's c*nt", "orgasm through tortue", and "Force Fed Broken Glass"...hahahahaha gotta love it...wait...maybe not, but it's still ammusing at least.

I have to disagree- to me it's sophmoric nonsense that people end up taking seriously, but it's probably apparent that I detest metal.
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rich get richer til the poor get educated.[/FONT]
-Sage Francis
# 8
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/25/2005 12:49 am
People take those lyrics seriously?
Try once,fail twice...
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
02/25/2005 1:07 am
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyheartPeople take those lyrics seriously?

Yeah, Cannibal Corpse, hahaha. :p
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 10
donely
donely
02/25/2005 8:00 pm
ive read a few previous post.. about shawn lan and all.. but anyone forgot MICHAEL ANGELO?!
# 11
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
02/26/2005 4:42 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI was reluctant to post in this thread first, but I guess I will.

What are the terms upon which one becomes a fast player? Anyone can probably play a simple trill at a million bmp, but does that make them the fastest player in the world. Or should it be who can play the technical solo at the fastest speed, in which case, how to you define a technical solo. I think we need to operationalize the concept.

Sorry if this has already been covered by someone else.

I agree completley...if it was just about trilling notes as fast as you can,it would probly some unknown banjo player in the back woods or something.

It would make much more sense if it was "who can play the harmonic minor scale the fastest" e.c.t. but even that is tough to answer.

Disregarding what I just said,i'll vote for Michael 'dough rolls' Romeo as the fastest.
Try once,fail twice...
# 12
alucard0941
alucard0941
02/26/2005 11:23 pm
Yea, cause taken by definition, the average rhythm guitarist is the fastest guitarist because he plays so many notes in just on chord. There are millseconds between each string in a chord, though when everone plays a chord, the notes ring so fast, that it sounds like they are played together.

And that, is the fastest way of playing.
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 13
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/27/2005 3:16 am
If you guys read back, the fastest guitar player is Marcus Paus. Some ungodly amount like 44.6 nps. There's a link to one of his songs somewhere around the 12 page or so. Very fast and very very very boring.

And Shawn Lane was faster than Michael Angelo,in my opinion. Shawn Lane is simply amazing but applies more legato licks than the straight speed of Angelo's alternate picking and sweeping. Both are fast, but I think Shawn Lane may be faster.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 14
mortalkombatman
mortalkombatman
02/28/2005 3:03 am
You guys should check out Michael Angelo of Holland and Nitro. He plays a doubleneck V-shaped Dean guitar with both necks pointing different directions, he plays it using an incrediability fast legato technique with both hands, each on a different neck. To me he is the fastest shredder(also Guitar One Magizine's fastest too...).
# 15
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
02/28/2005 4:39 am
Why must you people come post on these threads without reading at least a little bit of them???

I just stated who was "The Guinness Book of World Records" fastest guitarist before they discontinued that segment of it.

Marcus Paus. Go back to about the 12th page of these thread and look for the user lalimeacefolle and he posted a link to one of his songs. Michael Angelo can't touch that, even with 4 necks. I'm not saying he isn't fast, because he is, but not as fast as Paus.

But they're both pretty boring. I prefer more melodic stuff like Vai and Satch.
# 16
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/01/2005 2:22 am
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
People take those lyrics seriously?

Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonYeah, Cannibal Corpse, hahaha. :p

I take death metal lyrics serious. Not in the literal "yeah lets kill people" sense but in the self expression sense. The same need for some people to make songs based around crushed love or other bands to thrive on lord of the rings. I take it serious in the sense that it's what they feel is right for them to be writing. If I thought that every last single vulgar lyric was based around getting a reaction (even though most bands like that are so far underground that most people don't even know they exist) then I would hold less respect for it. I do it because I enjoy it. It makes me feel good. I may be beating a dead horse with this but that's how I do things. I beat them until they're dead and then write a song about it. [insert drum roll and crash]
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 17
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
03/01/2005 5:24 am
Its really how or if you analyze things...

For example,I can look at a chair and see it for what it is,just a chair.Or I can analyze it for things that don't exist and make it anything.For example...

how many have sat in this chair?How many behinds have touched this chair?This chair carrys a deep history of behind holding...some behinds found this chair comfortable...other behinds left for another chair,yet the chair remains absent from all.It requires pity yet asks for none..with wood chipping and fabric torn,this seat is worth of niether king nor peasant..it tarrys along the world without ever moving recieving behinds to leave their mark...It represents all life and emits nothing...it is a god.

See that?How FRIGIN STUPID IS THAT?ITS A CHAIR!
I swear,people try to squeeze juice from rocks!

If the lyrics never intended or implied relations to its writers/meta-physical meanings or anything else,then to apply a fasle meaning is just that...false and meaningless.

Where am I going with this?No idea...been up to long.
Try once,fail twice...
# 18
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
03/01/2005 9:50 pm
Originally Posted by: chucklivesoninmyhearthow many have sat in this chair?How many behinds have touched this chair?This chair carrys a deep history of behind holding...some behinds found this chair comfortable...other behinds left for another chair,yet the chair remains absent from all.It requires pity yet asks for none..with wood chipping and fabric torn,this seat is worth of niether king nor peasant..it tarrys along the world without ever moving recieving behinds to leave their mark...It represents all life and emits nothing...it is a god.

Wow, very philosophical.
# 19
deakon210
deakon210
03/02/2005 8:24 am
Who cares about speed? I mean, if someone played literally at the speed of light, it would probably sound like **** and no1 would be able to understand it. I think even Yngwie keeps his songs at a certain speed, I'm pretty sure he could play faster if he wanted but he chooses to play at a certain speed to make it sound more appealing. Any faster and it probably would sound all that great.

But IMO, I think Jason Becker would have been the fastest...
He played Black Star from Yngwie Malmsteen at his High School talent show when he was a senior in '86 and the song debuted in '84...

He was inspired by Yngwie and classical musicians... but unfortunately he was diagnosed with ALS at the age of 19 and was seriously affected by it enough to not be able to play guitar at all half-way through being 20.

If it weren't for that disease.. he would be able to jam unbelievably fast.
Just look listen to "Serrana" he had to be atleast 19 when he played that.

Damn, that sucks.. your guitar playin' days are over after 20 sets of 365 days.
Well, he started playin' when he was 5, so it was more like 15 sets.. life is ****in' short.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.