Fastest guitarist you know!!!

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/13/2006 5:23 pm
Originally Posted by: CW14I'd rather listen to flatulence than Yngwie

Well, all things considered, there's far more variety in flatulence than in an Yngwie song. You've got your loud rippers and your squishy, wet ones, as well as plenty of others. So by default the fart has the upper hand because it's more diverse. Besides, who doesn't like a good fart joke every now and then?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
spyderfingers
spyderfingers
08/17/2006 3:12 am
One of the fastest guitar players out there, probably the fastest would have to be Herman Li from Dragon Force. In my opinion he's way faster the malmsteen,vai,rhoads and pretty much anyone else. His speed at guitar is freakin incredible.
# 2
FireAndIce24
FireAndIce24
08/17/2006 5:19 am
Originally Posted by: spyderfingersOne of the fastest guitar players out there, probably the fastest would have to be Herman Li from Dragon Force. In my opinion he's way faster the malmsteen,vai,rhoads and pretty much anyone else. His speed at guitar is freakin incredible.

Wow. I thought it was bad enough that you brought this idiotic thread back from the dead, but you also named the worst guitarist. Li is nowhere the speed or quality of a player that those others are.

Proof: http://youtube.com/watch?v=f2qY_Rn_qKs
# 3
thebluesbreaker
thebluesbreaker
08/17/2006 10:48 am
I choose BB King. What i mean is who cares about speed. It's more about how they make you feel, not to prove they are better than you. Hardly any guitarists have made a career out of speed alone, those that have, well done. Most of the worlds most popular guitarist weren't that technically gifted. Say Jimmy Page opposed to John McLaughlin. Jimmy could communicate with the guitar, not just wank. Another very fine example is Slash, everyone in his day was just going as fast as they could then he comes along and plays blues on steroids. Nothing too complicated, but it had emotion. To quote from Zakk Wylde Speed Is Just Speed
Bye, have fun.
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
08/17/2006 6:13 pm
Originally Posted by: thebluesbreakerI choose BB King. What i mean is who cares about speed. It's more about how they make you feel, not to prove they are better than you. Hardly any guitarists have made a career out of speed alone, those that have, well done. Most of the worlds most popular guitarist weren't that technically gifted. Say Jimmy Page opposed to John McLaughlin. Jimmy could communicate with the guitar, not just wank. Another very fine example is Slash, everyone in his day was just going as fast as they could then he comes along and plays blues on steroids. Nothing too complicated, but it had emotion. To quote from Zakk Wylde Speed Is Just Speed
Bye, have fun.

Well said! But this is the thread where we only talk about lame guitarists... :D

I have to disagree with you about John McLaughlin being a wanker, though. The reason he's my favourite player is that he seems to communicate so powerfully and passionately through his playing - sure, he uses plenty of fast runs, but for me, he uses them in a way that few other guitarists can. I also like the way he synthesises his really diverse range of influences, from Hindustani and Karnatic folk and classical music to modal jazz to Hendrix/Clapton-style blues rock.

But the fact is, that's just how I view him - different guitarists have different levels of expressive depth for different people. I love John McLaughlin because his music says so much to me, but it doesn't really do anything for you, because you have different tastes. Similarly, I know that my good friend Akira is a big fan of Steve Vai; I, on the other hand can't stand Steve Vai, because I too have different tastes. I'm not trying to patronise you or anything here, by the way (sorry if it comes across that way :o); my point is just that we all react differently to different musicians.
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
thebluesbreaker
thebluesbreaker
08/18/2006 12:16 am
Hey, jujitsu sorry about that. I didn't mean that he was a wanker at all. I was just trying to say that the most technically talented generally aren't the most popular. You don't have to play flash stuff to be succesful. And by the way what i've heard of him is great. Bye
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
08/18/2006 6:20 am
Haha, hey no worries mate. :) I didn't mean to sound defensive about it or anything.
And you're right - technical skill doesn't equal flair, success or popularity. For example, all those sweep-crazy metal shredders can look down their noses at Kirk Hammett's technique, but at the end of the day, they're not the ones with a place in rock history... :D
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7
BLS33
BLS33
08/19/2006 2:59 pm
fastes guitar player? well theres MAB fast but boring IMO, Rusty Cooley has some really fast stuff as well
# 8
ChiBear
ChiBear
08/22/2006 9:32 am
How about Michael Angelo and Jason Becker? They come fairly close I think...
I'm not sure about the numbers with respect to notes per minute... It's simply too fast for human ears to count
# 9
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/22/2006 4:08 pm
No.

Ten characters.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.