Fastest guitarist you know!!!

Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/16/2005 2:36 am
Originally Posted by: pennyanmurphHe might not be the fastest, but Mark Knopfler is pretty damn quick fingered.

He's one of those players that, once you've listened to him live, you'll always remember it.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 1
maximusrahl
maximusrahl
11/16/2005 9:34 pm
malmsteen kicks butt butt the guitarist from godsmack is a speed demon at times
I obey no laws ... but my own.
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/16/2005 10:26 pm
Originally Posted by: maximusrahlmalmsteen kicks butt butt the guitarist from godsmack is a speed demon at times

Sigh. :(

He'll learn eventually, guys.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
11/16/2005 11:18 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonSigh. :(

He'll learn eventually, guys.

Learn what? Guitar quality or how to use the right "butt" at the right time in a given sentence?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
alucard0941
alucard0941
11/16/2005 11:31 pm
The number of times Malmsteen has been typed in this thread exceeds the number of women Gene Simmons has slept with.

...and thats a hardcore statement. (pun intended :p )
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 5
fastandfurious8
fastandfurious8
11/24/2005 8:59 pm
Brad Paisley for sure. He is a monster. He covers everything, from country, rock, bluegrass, and all while throwing in insane jazz licks. He's got my vote.
# 6
tuscan16
tuscan16
11/30/2005 11:49 am
Well, call me a sad b*stard but I have just finished reading all 70 pages of this post, and will now give my opinions.
Since the thread started some of the fastest guitarists mentioned on here have websites now, with videos, so it is a bit easier to see what people are talking about. I have checked out loads of these sites and would say that Francesco Fareri is possibly the fastest, and i have just seen the videos on Danny Joe Carter's website and his picking speed is just stupidly fast. I like the Rusty Cooley vids, especially the 8 string vids - he is incredibly fast and respect for doing it on 8 strings! George Bellas is also damn fast, as is Michael Angelo.
In terms of my favourite shredder, I would probably say Vinnie Moore on his Minds Eye album - some fantastic solos on there with speed but crucially great melodies. I also like Jason Becker on Perpetual Burn.
In different styles of music I have different favourite speed merchants. In jazz, it has to be Al Di Meola. He is really fast, and so accurate, and his music is generally very listenable - I love Kiss My Axe, and obviously the FridayNight in San Fransisco with the Guitar Trio is the greatest piece of accousitc guitar playing ever, esp. the 1st track - genius.
Birelli Lagrene is also bloody fast, and plays some cool standards etc.
Nobody on here has mentioned Tommy Emmanuel (I guess cos he is mostly fingerstyle, and not technically a shredder), but when he plays live, he is possibly the greatest guitarist I have ever seen. If you get a chance, any self respecting guitarist must go and see him. His track, 'The Hunt' is simply awesome.
In the world of Country music, Albert Lee is the king. Country Boy is an all time classic.
OK, that will do for now. I wonder how much longer this thread can go on??
Just a note to anyone new to the thread. Before you give your opinions, just check out the videos on the sites of the guys I mentioned above before you start mentioning people like Kirk Hammett. He is quick, but not in the same league as those guys. Also, for the record, I think his best solo is from The Outlaw Torn - not fast at all, but really full of emotion.
Bye for now.....
# 7
DISCIPLEofMETAL
DISCIPLEofMETAL
11/30/2005 2:29 pm
fastest shredder? definatly Rusty cooley. check out his website the dudes fingers should be catching on fire or something! hes probably the most molodic and unique sounding shredder ive heard. yet.

yngwe IS fast, but how many times can you listen to the man play the same thing, over and over again, just in different variations!?
Get rollin, or get rolled over!-diamond darrell
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
11/30/2005 5:51 pm
Originally Posted by: tuscan16Nobody on here has mentioned Tommy Emmanuel (I guess cos he is mostly fingerstyle, and not technically a shredder), but when he plays live, he is possibly the greatest guitarist I have ever seen. If you get a chance, any self respecting guitarist must go and see him. His track, 'The Hunt' is simply awesome.

Have you heard the CD he made with Chet Atkins?

Simply amazing.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 9
tuscan16
tuscan16
12/01/2005 5:35 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonHave you heard the CD he made with Chet Atkins?

Simply amazing.

Yes, I have that CD, it is fantastic. The best CD of his that I have is Endless Road, his latest - highly recommended. However, for the full effect of his playing you have to see him live. If you can get hold of his live DVD, it is well worth it, awesome playing in terms of both speed and complexity of playing, incredible use of harmonics and rhythm playing as well.
I am going to see him in concert next Friday for the 2nd time - can't wait.
# 10
pogohead
pogohead
12/02/2005 11:29 am
During the last 71 pages did anyone mention Michael Angelo Batio? As far as records go I think he's actually the fasted of all, plus he and Sonny Lombardozzi are the only people around that shred with double guitars :D
# 11
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
12/04/2005 10:21 pm
Whew...I read a whole lot of this thread just now, but I don't have the endurance nor desire to read it all. Funny that I'm pretty sure the actual debate is resolved (Marcus Paus), yet it continues. Ahhh, but who's the slowest guitarist, now that's up to debate eh? :rolleyes:
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 12
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
12/04/2005 10:25 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdAhhh, but who's the slowest guitarist, now that's up to debate eh? :rolleyes:

Professional? Lou Reed.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 13
alucard0941
alucard0941
12/04/2005 10:33 pm
[QUOTE=R. Shackleferd Ahhh, but who's the slowest guitarist, now that's up to debate eh? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Micheal Angelo Batio :p
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 14
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/05/2005 4:26 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdWhew...I read a whole lot of this thread just now, but I don't have the endurance nor desire to read it all. Funny that I'm pretty sure the actual debate is resolved (Marcus Paus), yet it continues. Ahhh, but who's the slowest guitarist, now that's up to debate eh? :rolleyes:

The Marcus Paus thing was solved somewhere (either on this thread or another similar one), the highest notes on his tracks come in somewhere around around the 30th fret, hinting to the fact that they were sped up. It wouldnt bother me so much if the music sounded good but it's bloody awfull!!
# 15
Superhuman
Superhuman
12/05/2005 4:29 pm
Slowest guitarist.... hmmmm that's a good one... how about the dude who plays on the Twin Peaks soundtrack? Nice piece of music but it is the complete opposite to the controversial term "shred" :p
# 16
pogohead
pogohead
12/05/2005 7:27 pm
Originally Posted by: SuperhumanThe Marcus Paus thing was solved somewhere (either on this thread or another similar one), the highest notes on his tracks come in somewhere around around the 30th fret, hinting to the fact that they were sped up. It wouldnt bother me so much if the music sounded good but it's bloody awfull!!

MAB has a 29 fret guitar. wouldnt be too hard to bend up another fret ;)
# 17
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
12/06/2005 3:18 am
Originally Posted by: CW14HE IS TEH FASTET GITARIEST IN TEH WORLD!111111

Ok, hes not fast but he definately has the spine-tingle factor.

I recently watched the Live 8 performance, and was sorely disappointed. I'm just going to have to console myself with the Pulse concert video. Gilmour doesn't break out like he used to. Maybe he's getting too old and doesn't have the stamina for super long solos? I dunno.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 18
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
12/06/2005 5:57 am
Originally Posted by: iamthe_eggmanI recently watched the Live 8 performance, and was sorely disappointed. I'm just going to have to console myself with the Pulse concert video. Gilmour doesn't break out like he used to. Maybe he's getting too old and doesn't have the stamina for super long solos? I dunno.

Yeah, sad how time does that you isn't it? How the mighty have fallen. You know, in the Norse mythology, the vikings would see a time like this as proof that their age is interfering with their lifestyle and ability to contribute to society to the fullest possibility where as the younger ones still had their whole life to make their impact. So in cases like this several vikings would take their own life to make room for the young to grow and to wage one final battle against their own self and their own instincts of survival. They considered it a noble act in the respect that they're not competing against the young and vibrant and that they're facing their greatest challenge. Just a little tidbit of info. Not that I'm implying Gilmour should take his life.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 19
zorch
zorch
12/06/2005 6:00 am
best guitar player
frank marino
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.