Fastest guitarist you know!!!

alucard0941
alucard0941
07/28/2005 11:39 pm
Originally Posted by: CW14ERIC CAPTON IS TEH FASTET GUITAREST LOL LOL LOL b :eek: :eek: :eek:

well thats just obvious... But Fred Durst comes pretty close...
__
/--\
o-/-||-\-o
o-/ -||- \-o
o-\ -||- /-o
\___/
|--|
|--|
|--|
:eek:

My Music

whoooo hoooo !!!!
# 1
Fretfire
Fretfire
07/29/2005 6:58 am
Originally Posted by: cy_shredderI think Francesco Parreri is the fastest I've seen so far but the guy has no heart...For me, I'll go with Yngwie and Batio because of their speed and maturity...

I agree bro...Francesco Fareri is the fastest Ive seen. Fred Durst and Eric Clapton is quite close hehe.
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 2
scarface84
scarface84
07/29/2005 11:30 am
Michael Angelo Batio!!! :cool:
# 3
Superhuman
Superhuman
07/29/2005 12:38 pm
Everybody says Michael Angelo just because it was printed in Guitar Magazine. He is very fast and his tone and technique make for perfect clarity but there are much faster guitarists out there like Rusty Cooley and in particular George Bellas.

Bellas plays as fast as Farreri but uses techniques and patterns that are actually difficult. Ferarri only uses two arpeggio sweep shapes whereas Bellas uses them all and plays at the same speed using string skips etc. I also agree, Ferarri's music is without any sould or emotion, just a series of sweeps that sound the same as all of the other sweeps, stuck together without too much thought or direction.

Back to Angelo, he's only really ever come up with one good track and that was No Boundaries (an excellent composition), if only he used that music degree of his he has to come up with more stuff like that he would probably become more of a household name among guitarists.

Rusty Cooley is insanely fast and his runs and sweep patterns are very difficult, plenty of very wide stretches. If you doubt his speed, download one of the instructional clips from his website, it's inhuman!
# 4
scarface84
scarface84
07/29/2005 5:13 pm
I've never read guitar magazine, i've only seen the speed kills video.

btw, i meant he's the fastest guitarist, not the best, even no boundaries is boring to listen to unless you're trying to learn it.
# 5
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/29/2005 8:50 pm
I've replied to this thread about 28 times, all the time with the fastest guitarest ever. Marcus Paus.

Do a google search. You'll find a song. Download it. Be amazed at the stupidity of the song, but the blatant speed. 40/nps. Enough said. No more discussion. Please let this thread die.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/29/2005 9:51 pm
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1I've replied to this thread about 28 times, all the time with the fastest guitarest ever. Marcus Paus.

Do a google search. You'll find a song. Download it. Be amazed at the stupidity of the song, but the blatant speed. 40/nps. Enough said. No more discussion. Please let this thread die.

No kidding. There's something about factual records and proof that Paus is faster than anyone else that just seems hard to deny, but yet people find a way. Furthermore I don't think any other thread could come to the same conclusion over and over like this one has. I'm kind of wondering if this thread'll ever go. I mean, really... 61 pages and it was originally posted in freaking 2001. Has this thread ever even made it to famous bands' page 2?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 7
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/29/2005 11:09 pm
Yeah, all of these So-and-So vs. So-and-So threads are getting a little to common too. Who cares really? Every guitar player is different, they have their own style, and there is no comparing two guitar players. It's apples and oranges my friends. So while I'm at it, let those threads die too. Please.
# 8
dakine80
dakine80
07/30/2005 12:21 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Yeah, all of these So-and-So vs. So-and-So threads are getting a little to common too. Who cares really? Every guitar player is different, they have their own style, and there is no comparing two guitar players. It's apples and oranges my friends. So while I'm at it, let those threads die too. Please.

It's one thing to compare Hendrix to Cobain. That's lame. It's like asking Zakk Wylde vs. Chuck Berry.

BUT Dimebag and Hammett are from the same era, genre, style and will always be compared to each other. I think it makes for interesting and realistic debate.
# 9
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/30/2005 2:12 am
Originally Posted by: dakine80It's one thing to compare Hendrix to Cobain. That's lame. It's like asking Zakk Wylde vs. Chuck Berry.

BUT Dimebag and Hammett are from the same era, genre, style and will always be compared to each other. I think it makes for interesting and realistic debate.

Same era? Yes.

The only thing they have in common is that they're both dudes.

I've never in all my years heard anyone compare Dimebag to Hammett and vice versa. They're way too different.

Pantera is multiple times heavier than Metallica ever was. Not saying that's bad, but Dimebag and Hammett cannot be compared.

They're totally different. Dimebag played with more feeling and speed than Hammet could ever dream of. Plus, Dimebag wrote his solos.

So comparing, a pentatonic/natural minor master who doesn't write his own solos, to the riffage and soloistic ability of Dimebag is not up for debate.

I like Hammett, don't get me wrong, but I like him differently than Dimebag.

They're musicians. It's not a sporting event. There can be no winner because each person percieves music differently. That's what makes music so great and so bad. People like Britney Spears sell 10,000,000 albums while musical genius' like Vai and Satriani barely get recognized outside of the guitar world.

It's a sad world we live in, but to compare two people playing an instrument is apples and oranges man.
# 10
dakine80
dakine80
07/30/2005 2:37 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Same era? Yes.

The only thing they have in common is that they're both dudes.

I've never in all my years heard anyone compare Dimebag to Hammett and vice versa. They're way too different.

Pantera is multiple times heavier than Metallica ever was. Not saying that's bad, but Dimebag and Hammett cannot be compared.

They're totally different. Dimebag played with more feeling and speed than Hammet could ever dream of. Plus, Dimebag wrote his solos.

So comparing, a pentatonic/natural minor master who doesn't write his own solos, to the riffage and soloistic ability of Dimebag is not up for debate.

I like Hammett, don't get me wrong, but I like him differently than Dimebag.

They're musicians. It's not a sporting event. There can be no winner because each person percieves music differently. That's what makes music so great and so bad. People like Britney Spears sell 10,000,000 albums while musical genius' like Vai and Satriani barely get recognized outside of the guitar world.

It's a sad world we live in, but to compare two people playing an instrument is apples and oranges man.

Just because you haven't heard anyone compare Dimebag to Hammet or vice-versa doesn't mean that anyone else has, and some of the posts in that thread do seem to think that Hammett was better. So I guess it is up for debate.

I don't know where you got the idea that Hammett didn't write his own solos.
I'll admit that once Metallica started using Bob Rock(or whatever the hell his name is) as a producer, his solos were kind of re-written for him. but that wasn't until the Black album.
# 11
Fretfire
Fretfire
07/30/2005 11:52 am
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1I've replied to this thread about 28 times, all the time with the fastest guitarest ever. Marcus Paus.

I definitely agree bro, that issue has already been settled long ago, In fact there is a very clear proof that Marcus Paus is actually the fastest guitarist ever, without a shadow of a doubt. And still ive found it hard to explain why some people still get away with it. I even did a research for it in the last 2 years, Ive still up to now, no one else come close to Marcus Paus speed. If only they could listen to it they will surely put it all to conclusion, nevertheless they dont have an ear for speed or they can't accept that somebody is faster that their guitar heroes. They should not worry coz their idols are certainly better than Paus when It comes to tone, feeling and vibrato. But we are talking about speed here and in that area Paus convincingly shredded them all to the dust. My favorite guitarists such as Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Angelo Batio are indeed far better musically speaking, but as much as I like them, I should accept the truth that they are not the fastest. But as Ive said, playing very fast does not mean your good. Look at Francesco Fareri to see what Im saying.....pure speed with no SOUL or feeling. Peace. :)
# 12
Fretfire
Fretfire
07/30/2005 12:10 pm

I definitely agree bro, that issue has already been settled long ago, In fact there is a very clear proof that Marcus Paus is actually the fastest guitarist ever, without a shadow of a doubt at 40/nps . And still ive found it hard to explain why some people still get away with it. I even did a research for it in the last 2 years, Ive still up to now, no one else come close to Marcus Paus speed. If only they could listen to it they will surely put it all to conclusion, nevertheless they dont have an ear for speed or they can't accept that somebody is faster that their guitar heroes. They should not worry coz their idols are certainly better than Paus when It comes to tone, feeling and vibrato. But we are talking about speed here and in that area Paus convincingly shredded them all to the dust. My favorite guitarists such as Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Angelo Batio are indeed far better musically speaking, but as much as I like them, I should accept the truth that they are not the fastest. But as Ive said, playing very fast does not mean your good. Look at Francesco Fareri to see what Im saying.....pure speed with no SOUL or feeling. Anyway I believe that quality guitarist such as Yngwie and Angelo CAN play at that speed If they want to...Malmsteen even once said that he maintain the speed of his solo's at a NORMAL pace so it will still be listenable and will still touch the soul. They know the value of CONTROLLED speed music and that playing very fast wont do any good.Thats what separates them from Paus. No more disscusion. Peace ! :)
# 13
Fretfire
Fretfire
07/30/2005 12:12 pm

I definitely agree bro, that issue has already been settled long ago, In fact there is a very clear proof that Marcus Paus is actually the fastest guitarist ever, without a shadow of a doubt at 40/nps . And still ive found it hard to explain why some people still get away with it. I even did a research for it in the last 2 years, Ive still up to now, no one else come close to Marcus Paus speed. If only they could listen to it they will surely put it all to conclusion, nevertheless they dont have an ear for speed or they can't accept that somebody is faster that their guitar heroes.

We should not worry coz our idols are certainly better than Paus when It comes to tone, feeling and vibrato. But we are talking about speed here and in that area Paus convincingly shredded them all to the dust. My favorite guitarists such as Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Angelo Batio are indeed far better musically speaking, but as much as I like them, I should accept the truth that they are not the fastest. But as Ive said, playing very fast does not mean your good. Look at Francesco Fareri to see what Im saying.....pure speed with no SOUL or feeling.

Anyway I believe that quality guitarist such as Yngwie and Angelo CAN play at that speed If they want to...Malmsteen even once said that he maintain the speed of his solo's at a NORMAL pace so it will still be listenable and will still touch the soul. They know the value of CONTROLLED speed music and that playing faster than that wont do any good.Thats what separates them from Paus. No more disscusion. Peace ! :)
# 14
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/30/2005 5:36 pm
Originally Posted by: dakine80Just because you haven't heard anyone compare Dimebag to Hammet or vice-versa doesn't mean that anyone else has, and some of the posts in that thread do seem to think that Hammett was better. So I guess it is up for debate.

I don't know where you got the idea that Hammett didn't write his own solos.
I'll admit that once Metallica started using Bob Rock(or whatever the hell his name is) as a producer, his solos were kind of re-written for him. but that wasn't until the Black album.

Dude, some people percieve Hammett as better because music is SUBJECTIVE. We all have our own tastes. That's why no two players can be compared. Everybody likes somebody for some reason or another. That doesn't mean one is better than the other. It just means that they like them better. See my point?

And it's a wide known fact that Hettfield wrote almost all of the solos for Kirk.
# 15
dakine80
dakine80
07/30/2005 6:10 pm
Originally Posted by: Pantallica1Dude, some people percieve Hammett as better because music is SUBJECTIVE. We all have our own tastes. That's why no two players can be compared. Everybody likes somebody for some reason or another. That doesn't mean one is better than the other. It just means that they like them better. See my point?

And it's a wide known fact that Hettfield wrote almost all of the solos for Kirk.

To be honest, the main reason I started the thread is because I think Hammett is so overated, and when people put up posts praising him, I try to shed light on why he wasn't that great by comparing him to someone that was.
# 16
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/31/2005 12:29 am
It's cool man, I just hate those vs. threads. It's always something totally asinine like Jack White vs. Steve Vai. I mean c'mon.

How about threads like: Dimebag and Hammett, who do you like better and why?

That way you can get a real discussion instead of just plain malarky.
# 17
dakine80
dakine80
07/31/2005 12:54 am
That's probably how I should've worded it.
# 18
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/31/2005 4:18 pm
I agree, I'm not saying it's totally bad. The thing is, it's all subjective. You can't word it like a sporting event, because they're is no clear winner. I think it's great to tell why you like one guitarist over another, but to just say, Dimebag wins, Hammett sucks. There's no discussion there.

But if I was asked who was better, and why? I would have a totally different answer.

And it wouldn't be so bad if they just didn't put all of them stupid threads up, like I mentioned previously.
# 19
warlock_666
warlock_666
08/05/2005 5:33 pm
MAIDEN RULES
janick gers is definetely one of the fastest guitarists around Noone even comes close. :D
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.