Fastest guitarist you know!!!

Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
04/21/2003 3:11 pm
Those arps arenĀ“t that fast man, but pretty difficult. Now I know some folks sweep some parts but I use alternate pickinĀ“ throughout. It goes somthing around 140 bpm (16-notes) but I can reach only to 130. But itĀ“s also harder to play that with metronome cause evrything must be even. If you listen to crossroads verision, some parts are faster than others so if I play whitout metronome, I can do some easyer arps from the piece at 140 but than there are some where I need to slow down to 125-130.

Those arps are an amazing technique work out. I like the verision of Caprice 5 wich comes right after. That one is much easyer though.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 1
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
04/21/2003 3:26 pm
Oh man , you alternate pick the arps throughout , that must be damn hard .

I use sweeping with little alternate picking here and there , and it makes it easier than the 5th caprice part.

The arp part sounds bad when played at tempos higher than 160 bpm (the crossroads version is around 135-140) , even if you play it crystal clear... The 5th caprice part can sounds nice till 220 bpm (like the violin version) , it's damn hard to get any further without messing it up though !
# 2
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/21/2003 7:18 pm
there was a kid on the forum a while ago who posted this trick: http://www.guitartricks.com/2000/trick.php?trick_id=2146

i don't know how he compares, but if i remember right, he's pretty fast.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 3
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
04/24/2003 7:44 am
i think this is the point where it starts to become completely uninterresting. i just listened to that "kids" piece and it sounds as if you are droping a guitar down the stairs. IĀ“d rather listen to 12 tone music all day long than spending 1 mintue with a shred"thing" (i cannot even call that solo anymore) like that

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]

# 4
joshdean52
joshdean52
04/24/2003 4:10 pm
It'd have to be Jimmy Page or Eddie van Halen. Listen to Led Zep's "Heartbreaker" solo, or Van Halen's "You Really Got Me".
"Thank God for the power chord!!!"
-Sting
# 5
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
04/24/2003 7:20 pm
i think this post is dead. every new post is just a repitition of what's been said before.
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

# 6
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/24/2003 10:37 pm
Originally posted by aiwass
Somebody has to close this thread...

Soon...

And somebody else will start a new one right up again.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
msinia
msinia
04/25/2003 12:19 am
Originally posted by joshdean52
It'd have to be Jimmy Page or Eddie van Halen. Listen to Led Zep's "Heartbreaker" solo, or Van Halen's "You Really Got Me".

Why does every new member have to contribute to this thread?

HAVE YOU BEEN EATING MUSHROOMS?!!!!! JIMMY PAGE?!!
EDDIE VAN HALEN?!!!!

Soon...

lol don't make such a big deal
# 8
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/25/2003 3:17 pm
No I didn't mean that the thread had to be closed because of his post. Sorry if it seeemed that way. I just meant it should be closed due to the last SEVENTY posts... It's getting pretty pointless.

I know, and I was saying that if we did close it, somebody (probably a forum newb) would start a new one all over again.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 9
msinia
msinia
04/26/2003 1:44 am
i think he was actually refering to my post
# 10
SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
04/26/2003 1:54 am
Originally posted by Raskolnikov

Soon...

And somebody else will start a new one right up again.

Ban the subject then . ;)

LOL

just kidding of course. :)
# 11
msinia
msinia
04/26/2003 2:02 am
sorry bout making this thread longer guys... but tell me, i read some people mentioning rusty cooley but no one really answered. What do you guys think, i actually consider he might be even faster than MA and the rest.
# 12
TommyBoyFury
TommyBoyFury
07/19/2003 11:58 am
Angelo is LAME! and he even has to use a special string dampener so that his sweeps come out clear enough. he's very overrated! vai is underrated! petrucci is one of the fastest alternate pickers along with Steve Morse(he can alt pick like a mother!). malmsteen is just a phase that you will go thru, dont worrie. Also you cant use marshall amps for really fast playing as they cant keep up and the sound will start to break up. And finaly the fastest alternate shredder ever, is my mate, when he gets up to speed his pick is like a bloody drill, and his fingers can go way faster than mine. (i try to play fast too).
# 13
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
07/19/2003 4:25 pm
just when you think this thread has died, somebody brings it up again

# 14
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
07/19/2003 7:17 pm
Originally posted by zepp_rules
just when you think this thread has died, somebody brings it up again

In some ways, this thread is like a nasty case of VD.

You think it's gone and all cleared up, then oh! Back again!
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/21/2003 8:44 pm
Angelo is not LAME. Angelo is friggin' awesome. I have the Speed Kills DVD and the only time I ever saw him use those dampeners was when he was playing the double neck guitar and playing with both hands over the top.

Keep in mind that this is not a true double neck guitar. This is a guitar that looks like a huge V with a true left handed guitar and a true right handed guitar.

How many guitarist do you know that can play both right handed at insane speeds and left handed at insane speeds. After you figure that out, then find one that can do it at the same time. To say Angelo is LAME, and can't make his sweeps sound good, you're just insane.

Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 16
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
07/22/2003 3:09 am
I will agree with Pantallica, I have seen Angelo live with Nitro and the only guitar I saw string dampeners on was the Gibson 2 neck made by Wayne Charvel.

But personally I want to hear someone who plays with feeling over obsessive technique any day...
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 17
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
07/22/2003 3:57 am
Some of Michael's newer stuff sounds a lot better than the rip roaring, lets see if I can hit so many notes as fast as I can.

The solo on the revisited version of Speed Kills is very melodic and also has times where he blazes through some sweeps, but it fits. Not trying to rip the fretboard up the entire song.

I personally like him and he has a very down to earth attitude.
Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 18
Deyja_in_Twilight
Deyja_in_Twilight
02/12/2004 12:01 pm
I'd say, I'm an experienced guitarist/songwriter (10 years), and in my opinion, Zakk Wylde has a more aggressive sound, and ripps it up... He has the better writing style of the two, but Yngwie IS faster. But then again, faster isn't always better... and of course, this subject is all about opinions. My favorite guitarist is Zakk, but others would disaggree. I read an interview with Zakk Wylde and Dimebag Darrell in Guitar World magazine, and they had their opinions on the better guitarist. They were talking about Damageplan, and Zakk was saying great things about Dime, basically saying he's better than Zakk, and Dimebag said the same about Zakk. That just goes to show you that it's all in opinion, but also, in reality, there's no "better" guitarist. Every guitarist is CAPABLE of playing exactly like Yngwie, Zakk, Dime... You just have to work at it... and then the writing comes in to play. Zakk just pushed himself to play the way he does. I'm sure you guys remember the first time you picked up a guitar. My neighbors do. They said I sounded like poo... Then they heard me about 2 years later, and said I'd "figured that thing out". I'm capable of playing like Zakk, but I can't write something off the top of my head whenever I want to that sounds like something he'd write. It has to come at a certain time. I have to be in a certain mood. Anyway, I'm rambling. Later
Deyja
# 19
u10ajf
u10ajf
02/12/2004 5:41 pm
Zakk Wylde's a great singer too, with a strong emotive blues voice. Check out his album "book of shadows", it's much lighter than his other albums, having a kind of acoustic/blues rock feel. There are some great songs on it I think, I prefer it to the live album I have of his where he plays in a metalic vein.

Personnally I think that Malmsteem is a slightly superior player but his music (aside from some blinding solos) I generally find cheesy except when he does acoustic sets in pseudo-classical style.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.