My Rant for the Day

hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
10/07/2003 12:34 am
Well like I said before, you pretty much either have to be a total idiot or just don't give a damn to screw up a PLAIN cheeseburger, then lie to the girl by saying it was...

It's one thing to make a mistake, but to do that shows where our youth of today is going, and if you can't guess, it's the ****ter. What I did wasn't bad. It got my point across, and if he didn't by the grace of God, not get fired for it, he sure as hell will be more aware of what he is doing the next time.

I don't tolerate incompetance. If I were to do that in my line of work, people could either lose their car or even in extreme cases, their life. So I take a lot of pride in my work, and take all the extra time I need to make sure everything I do is safe and right the first time. So don't preach to me about my "just desserts". If I can do it, anyone can.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/07/2003 1:17 am
Well, first of all, I really hate it when I ask for no pickles on my hamburger, and the bastards put them on anyway. (one of my pet peeves)

But I don't really expect good service or food when I go to a fast food place. At a nice restaurant, I would have something to say if they didn't prepare my food the way I wanted. But at a fast food joint, what else do you expect from a bunch of partimers making minimum wage?

# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/07/2003 1:44 am
Last time I went to burger king I demanded 3 meals for under 3 dollars...I didnt get them.heres some other good ideas(using brain power to a lesser extent)...throw a bunch of sweet and sour sauce at the drive thru person,ask for free water and throw it at the drive thru person,when eating inside leave your mess,when eating inside throw out your tray along with the mess,take the salt and pepper shakers(if available)and empty them on the floor beside you,leave a good coat of your choice of sauce or condemant on the entrance/exit door handles,spit on the backrest of your seat or booth before leaving,spill a large amount of water in a high traffic area of the selected area,wedge a cup of water or unfinished drink in the top of the bathroom/exit/entrance door,if the bathroom requires a key leave the key/s in the bathroom,dispose of all toilet paper in the trash,steal or steal from the march of dimes/jimmy fund/ronald mcdonal charity collection can...thats about all I can think of...throwing stuff at people is always a good choice,as they will be much more concerned with there appearance than the one who threw it(you)....

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/07/2003 1:48 am

Yeah, throwing things is always fun. Heh, do you think I could throw my unwanted pickles at the person behind the register?

# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
10/07/2003 2:01 am
Originally posted by Christoph

Yeah, throwing things is always fun. Heh, do you think I could throw my unwanted pickles at the person behind the register?
]

You can if you believe you can grasshopper.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/07/2003 2:41 am
Only after finishing your meal...
Try once,fail twice...
# 6
u10ajf
u10ajf
10/07/2003 2:08 pm
Originally posted by Christoph

Ahh! This is terrifying, I'm surrounded by Guerkin Gherkas!
Has anyone else got any sympathy for the poor bastards? **** jobs generally have **** wages too.
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 7
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/07/2003 5:12 pm

Yeah, as I stated up top, I do realize that they don't earn ****. But if someone can't be competent doing something as easy as making a burger, how do they expect to move on to anything better?

# 8
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/07/2003 9:15 pm
Its monkey labor and people treat it as such...the wage is not meant to be a main income,but instead supplement it.College,car payments,increase in rent,unexpected conception,teenage income...these are the majority of motives that have people work the lesser respected jobs...
In my opinion though,people should recieve respect according to their character,demeanor,attitude...These qualitys degrade with the decrease of dignity.Its not always the case...some people enjoy working under the customer...they are the "people persons".In the same perspective,incompetence increases with lesser magnitude of the responsability givin.Flipping/dressing burgers and brain surgery hold extremley different responsabilitys...It dosnt exuse stupidity,but you can see where the employee may cease to care.
Whatever...

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 9
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
10/07/2003 11:59 pm
Hey I will be the first to admit I have flipped burgers at more than my share of fast food joints, either for main income or supplimental, but I would do my best no matter how much I was making. I wouldn't have the attitude " Well since these asses wanna pay me 6 bucks an hour, I will give them a 6 dollar job." And yeah, I made mistakes. What happened to me happened out of laziness and just plain sorriness. When someone would ask me if the burger was plain before handing it to the customer, I would have realized the mistake and fixed it promptly, not say "Oh yeah, it is, I just didn't mark it." Also how hard is it to heat up the burger in the microwave. My cheese wasn't even melted. So do I have sympathy for people working in those meanial positions, sure I do. BUT, do I have sympathy for incompetance? Hell no! They get everything they deserve.

Oh here is another one for ya..
A few years ago I pulled into the Checker's drive thru to get some chicken fingers and my kid a burger. We pull up to the speaker and the person halfassedly goes "welcome to Checker's I will be with you in a minute." Now the dumb bitch leaves the speaker on so you can hear everything she is doing. You hear her just chatting away with someone. laughing, and carrying on and the such. After about 10 minutes of sitting there idling my engine, (Everyone in front of me are long gone.) and myself and my kid slowly losing time to get to the theater to see a movie, I politely say "Excuse me, I am ready to order." The bitch comes back on and goes, "I SAID I WOULD BE WITH YOU IN A MINUTE!" in her nastiest, bitchiest voice. Of course this set me off, so I said " NO you're gonna take my order now, BITCH and quit flapping your damn gums and do your ****ing job!" This pisses her off so she says, "Why don't you come up to the window and say that to my face?" I replied "Oh don't worry. I will. And while you are at it why don't you get your manager to come over there also"
I pulled up, and she starts flapping her gums and the manager is trying to calm her down. I went on to say I didn't have to take that kind of **** from her. I was a dam paying customer and I demanded satisfaction. Why the hell would you let a sorry, piece of **** bitch like that work a drive thru, she seemed like she wasn't really even smart enough to figure out how to get a paper off a straw much less work a register.
Here is the funny part. That remark sent this fat bitch into a frenzy. She started throwing **** at me out the drive thru window, and tried to climb out of it to get to me for that, all the while I am egging her on going,"I dare you bitch, why don't you just come out the back door, cause you fat ass won't make it out the window" My kid all the while is laughing hysterically and almost peed herself. I told the manager if he didn't fire her on the spot for that I would make sure I had his job, so he turned around and told her to leave, and that she was fired. WE wasted a bunch of time there and didn't get to even order our food, and was late for the movie, but boy was it a rush. She didn't come out of the door for me, either. She must have been scared.
# 10
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/08/2003 12:16 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
Okay, nevermind the fact that I've got an i.q. that's twice as high as the average person's.

So are you some sort of super genius?

# 11
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
10/08/2003 8:04 pm
A few comments to add to this great thread....

First off, geniuses are smart enough not to brag ;)

Secondly, man...do I have a lot of stories about crappy jobs. Hairbndrckr, no person (at least that I know) working on minimum wage has pride for their job. It's bloody minimum wage! It's a paycheck, that's it. I can honestly say, I'm a lazy guy when it comes to work and I don't put much effort into the current job I have. Furthermore, once you've been at a job for many years (4+), especially in the public service sector, you're even less inclined to care what customers think. Once I finish University, and get a 'career', yes, I'll take pride in my work. But if you're just working a cashier job, who cares? And frankly, after dealing with many arses day in and day out, your patience wears thin. If a customer complained to me 5 years ago, when I was more naive and didn't stick up for myself, I'd practically kiss their feet. If someone complains now, I'll just give them a dirty look and probably say some smart-ass remark. After a while, I guess you just don't care anymore. A minimum-wage job is not worth getting yelled at by jerky customers.
On the other hand, I'd be choked too if some stupid employee was just chatting it up with her friends while I was waiting at a drive-thru. That's understandable. People like that get what they deserve.

Finally, here's a list of pet-peeves of mine, working as a cashier at a grocery store:

-No hello, no goodbye. No acknowledgement whatsoever from customer
-Putting the hand-basket on the till and expecting me to unload it and bag it. It's the customer's responsibility to unload their f'n groceries.
-People who don't bother putting bin numbers or prices on their bulk items. Am I a f'n robot? Do I know everything?
-People who are impatient and rude (Some a**hole once said, before I had even done a thing, 'Pack my asparagus carefully. If you break the tips I'll have your balls on a platter'. That's rude as hell. Another situation I remember was when I called for a price-check on some bakery buns because a customer said they were advertised cheaper on the shelf than what they were ringing up at on the till. The only reason I bothered checking was because I was familiar with the price of the buns and I wanted to see if the bakery department had made a mistake in their advertisement. The customer gets all angry and says 'This is ridiculous. What's taking so long? You can shove these buns up your ass'. Hence, you can see my intolerance for customers. Not to mention the amount of shoplifters I deal with. )

Matt

# 12
joshldoherty
joshldoherty
10/08/2003 9:03 pm
Man, I have my fair share of stories where I've had to deal with complete and total dicks. I work as a youth soccer referee and I am proud of it. When I'm working, I look and act like a professional, so I get pissed off when some stupid idiot parent that knows nothing about the rules of soccer starts bitching at me because little Johnny fell over and hurt his knee. Coaches do the same thing, just louder and with seemingly more authority. Half of them don't know the details of the rules, which I know like the back of my hand, yet they still disagree with everything. The one thing that sucks is that I can't speak my mind when I'm reffing, because the coaches will refer me to my bosses and to the league, and then I'll be out of work and forced to quit being a referee, so I have to grin and bear it, but where I draw the line is when the same people keep on me for random useless trivial things that don't matter and, even if I did make a mistake, didn't cost their team a thing. Thats when I get to go up to them, face to face, and tell them to shutup or they watch the game from the parking lot. I don't get a kick out of doing that, but when I have to, they shut up pretty damn quickly.

At the same time, I am also a youth soccer coach ( I'm only 17 and volunteering this much when a senior in high school- dealing with loads of homework- makes for some games to be pretty stressful. What makes the game worse is when I see referees that just don't care. They show up late, arent dressed in the uniform, and don't know the rules. This just pisses me off because being a ref is a pretty well paying job in my area. For reffing the age I coach, these kids are getting $27 US PER GAME!!! Thats around $25-$30 an hour, which is a damn sight more than what people at the local McDonald's get. Refereeing is one job that a kid can get and be proud of- I mean damn, who else has the power to control a soccer game, to enforce rules and be leader??? SO when these people take advantage of the high wages and just don't care, they should be sacked.

One last thing- before the game, I take the time to introduce myself to the coaches or refs, whichever situation I am in, so a note for anyone out there who plays/coaches/refs soccer or any sport, say hello, good game, and good bye. It makes all the difference.

Wow, that was kinda long. But I'm glad to get it off my chest.

[Edited by joshldoherty on 10-08-2003 at 04:06 PM]
# 13
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/09/2003 2:00 am
Originally posted by finger_cruncher
First off, geniuses are smart enough not to brag ;)

LOL . . . that's exactly what I was thinking. Although I didn't want to say anything. (I'm supposed to be a moderator and all that)

Originally posted by finger_cruncher
People who are impatient and rude (Some a**hole once said, before I had even done a thing, 'Pack my asparagus carefully. If you break the tips I'll have your balls on a platter'. That's rude as hell.

I hope you proceeded to jam his asparagus into the bag while sneering at him sarcastically.

# 14
b_hoves
b_hoves
10/09/2003 2:13 am
in my second year of high school i got a job a burger king (or Hungry Jacks, as it is called in the state of Queensland, Australia) and if a customer pissed me off i would vent the anger by writing a message in the burger with the tomato sause, it was just a bit of self gradifacation. i would never spit in someones burger, thats just gross, but this was my way of getting back, without getting cought.
# 15
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
10/09/2003 3:37 am
Well, I will be the first to say, I do my best not to be rude to anyone unless provoked. I mean hell I always tip 25% when I go to a resturant where I am being waited on, I always say hello, please, and thank you. I try to be as nice as I can be to people in that position. I was there myself once.

I will say this though, all you f'in whiners crying "boo hoo it's a minimum wage job, so why take pride in it..." That's a bunch of bullsh*t. I didn't pick your job for you, you did. If you don't want to be there, you can very easily go find gainful employment somewhere else. But to not take pride in a job that you are getting paid to do SUCKS. You should be grateful you got one in the first place. Also to those of you who are saying "I will take pride in my job when I graduate college and get a career", you better learn how to say "Would you like fries with that?" because the work force sucks right now, and you will be contending with people who are a hell of a lot more qualified than you are. Also who's to say you will take pride in what you do when you get there, because already you have learned poor work skills early in life.

Thinking like that just tells me how sorry this world has become. I personally would be embarrassed to not give 110% in anything I do. You should too.

Maybe I should have never started this post because it is just making me sick hearing some of the crap you people are spitting out...
# 16
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/09/2003 11:24 am
You couldn't possibly mean me right hairbndrcker!?...haha
Yep...you can(try to)get a job...or you leach off the state and collect SSI...I get $730 a month for 3 hours of work.I see my shrink 3 times a month.
Yep,I dont earn it at all...Ive sufferd it(and still do)...but it is still a shamfull living.
I can work part time(no more than 36 hours or somthing...)So I was actually thinking about being a security gaurd.It contradicts my spite for (abused)authority,but would give some level of pride...and I'd feel big pushing around them punk teenagers!Mwah hahahaha!

Oh yeah...Today I got a JAM ROOM!!!The LL has a list he goes down usually(a waiting list)to call,but he said "tell ya what...I'm gonna rent you the room".I frigin jumped a mile...I gave him a deposit and we should be lugging in the gear by the 15th this month!Its all coming together,falling in place...YESSS!!!!!

ahem...Later \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 17

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.