My Rant for the Day

hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
10/04/2003 9:39 pm
You know what pisses me off? People who don't take pride in what they do...

I went in to Burger King today and ordered a couple of plain double cheeseburgers because I don't like mustard or catsup, and I can live without the pickles. Seems like a pretty straightforward thing to make, right? Two pieces of burger with cheese on them, slap them on a bun and let them fly. Well, leave it to them to screw that up. They put the works on it, so I had to have a little fun with it.

I went back into the resturant and went straight to the manager and said "What did I ever do to you to make you want to kill me?" She looked at me stunned and said. "What do you mean, sir?". I said, "Well obviously you want to kill me because since I am deathly allergic to mustard, and there is mustard all over this burger, you must want to kill me. After all, the girl who gave me the burgers assured me they were plain since I heard her ask the grill cook if they were and he said yes they were. Do you really hate me that much?" So then I proceeded to ask the manager to bring the cook out there that said they were plain and proceeded to ask him what his definition of plain was so that I could see if I wasn't just screwed up in my thinking. When he said it correctly I asked him if he was sure, then proceeded with asking him why he was wanting to kill me and what did I ever do to him. Also somewhere in there I asked him what the definition of hot was also, then gave the manager a lesson in how hot a burger had to be before it would melt cheese, since my burger wouldn't do that either.

Funniest thing was that she started offering me free food, and I quickly replied "Why would I want that, you just tried to kill me with this food, what makes you think I am going to give you another chance to finish the job?"

Oh Good Times.... Needless to say I got my plain burgers, and yes I checked for the "special complainers sauce", my money back and another meal free the next visit, and I think that guy got fired on the spot too... Of course you realize that I am NOT allergic to mustard and normally would have let it go and just drove on, but since that idiot assured the girl who handed me my food that it was plain, he got his just dessert.

Lesson to be learned, take pride in your work and do it right the FIRST time, because you may end up with an a$$hole like me on the receiving end.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 1
MetalMike
MetalMike
10/04/2003 11:20 pm
Yeah, I think of stuff to say to really stick it to people who piss me off. Only thing is, I usually think of it later and get more pissed. :p

Like, I went into Advance Auto Parts looking for the wires that go from your spark plugs to, I guess, the cylinder heads they're called. (The damn top of the engine! :) ) and the sales person treated me like I was a moron which I sorta am when it comes to cars. I told him I needed the wires that go from the top of the cylinders to the spark plugs but that I didn't know the technical name for it. He goes (And in a real condescending tone, you had to be there...) "You mean spark plug wires? They're just called spark plug wires"

He also asked if it was "*blank* *blank* dual carb". (I forgot the term) Where it would say "HODC" on the top of the engine if it was. I go "I don't know" and this white-trash, overall-wearin, grease covered, no-future mother****er behind chimes in with his two cents goin "Is your car here? Check your car." Maybe he was being helpful but I just wanted to smash his face in and tell him to mind his own ****ing business. Later, I was thinkin "Excuse the **** outta me, asshole. I'll go cover myself in grease, put on the dirtiest clothes I can find, then maybe you'll treat me nicer since I'll be like the rest of the grease monkeys in here."

Man, that pissed the **** outta me so bad. I get pissed easily... Especially if people don't mind their own ****ing business.
The best music out is not on the radio or MTV!!!
# 2
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/05/2003 1:21 am
Since when do you do rants hairbndrckr?
Why was that movie dream catcher so stupid and f*%ked up?The world is now downside up!Ive eaten nothing but dominos for the past 2 days and now have horrid diarreha.I cant eat anymore pizza.
Thats the last time I step through a time warp drunk!
Try once,fail twice...
# 3
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/05/2003 4:07 am

LOL . . . you actually said that with a straight face? "I am deathly allergic to mustard"

Originally posted by MetalMike
Like, I went into Advance Auto Parts looking for the wires that go from your spark plugs to, I guess, the cylinder heads they're called. (The damn top of the engine! :) ) and the sales person treated me like I was a moron which I sorta am when it comes to cars.

Yeah, I hate those people that treat you like a moron just because you don't know all their technical lingo. It doesn't matter where you go....someone will always try to treat you like crap because you don't fit into their little click.

# 4
hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
10/05/2003 4:48 am
Metalmike, I would have told that idiot, "Why don't you just look on the f-ing computer and tell me what it is, it's not like they made a million different engine sizes."

and yes, not only did I say it with a straight face, I made it BELIEVEABLE. I should get an Oscar for that performance. :)
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?
# 5
Evo
Evo
10/05/2003 12:39 pm
They prolly wouldn't know how to use a computer.

My older bro always gets that kinda **** coz he's got long hair and dresses in jeans n leather but he's a doctor.

He's like 'Well, being a doctor I have more things on my mind than to remember the name of some little wire in a car engine' kinda ****.

He always gets followed round shops like he's gonna steal something it's hilarious.
# 6
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/05/2003 1:57 pm
Tee Hee, when I had really long hair people used to cross the street to avoid me. I shaved it all off and people crossed the street to avoid me

cool !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 7
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/05/2003 6:09 pm
Originally posted by Dr_simon
Tee Hee, when I had really long hair people used to cross the street to avoid me. I shaved it all off and people crossed the street to avoid me

cool !

You ever thought about maybe putting down the enormous beer?
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 8
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/05/2003 6:16 pm
Originally posted by Dr_simon
I shaved it all off and people crossed the street to avoid me!

People with shaved heads are usually insane (i.e. criminals, neo-nazis, etc), so that's probably why.

# 9
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/05/2003 6:46 pm
If you dressed up like a prep with a crew cut...I would cross the street to avoid you.lol

Later! \m/
Try once,fail twice...
# 10
TheDirt
TheDirt
10/05/2003 6:47 pm
Originally posted by Christoph
People with shaved heads are usually insane

Congratulations, you win the ridiculous sterotype of the day award!
"You must stab him in the heart with the Bone Saber of Zumacalis... well, you could stab him in the head or the lungs, too... and the saber, it probably doesn't have to be bone, just anything sharp lying around the house... you could poke him with a pillow and kill him."

- Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Universal Re-Monster
# 11
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/05/2003 8:55 pm

I do what I can. Now what can I say about people with long hair . . . ?

# 12
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/05/2003 10:40 pm
Maybe I should just stop dribbling and talking to people only I can see. Well in public anyway !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 13
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
chucklivesoninmyheart
Non-Existent
10/05/2003 11:28 pm
Ive got some long hair(lower back)...take a crack at it.
Besides being mistaken for a girl,theres not much to go on.
Try once,fail twice...
# 14
Digit
Digit
10/06/2003 1:48 am
Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets followed around stores. I wear a leather jacket and go to the mall and people treat me like I'm psychotic or something. Yet I can go back to the same mall that afternoon wearing a suit and everybody's smiling and can't wait to help.

# 15
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/06/2003 2:06 am
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
Ive got some long hair(lower back)... Besides being mistaken for a girl,theres not much to go on.
LOL I have fond memories of the day I backed through a grocery store door with a bag balanced on each arm. I heard a deep voice offer to help me with my packages. As my bearded self turned around, I came face-to-face with the President of the local biker gang! "If you really want to!", I replied. :D Hahahahahaha!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 16
Evo
Evo
10/06/2003 1:10 pm
I was at this thing at the royal concert hall once and they started getting participants from the crowd. This person got up on stage with lovely long hair and the whole crowd started wolf whistling n the lot then when he got to the guy with the mic and was asked their name this deep voice said 'David' which led to lots of laughter.
# 17
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
pstring
Big as Elvis, Baby
10/06/2003 2:27 pm
Originally posted by chucklivesoninmyheart
Ive got some long hair(lower back)...

Hey Chuck if the hair on your lower back is really that long, just tuck it down your pants, I don't think anyone would notice it then, I think it's time that people with hairy lower backs be treated with respect and not as second class citizens....................
# 18
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/06/2003 5:33 pm

You could even tuck it into your underwear.

# 19
u10ajf
u10ajf
10/06/2003 6:27 pm
Hairbndrckr, I think your "Just deserts" would be a custard pie! Quite honestly I think that was awful! I can't understand why you expect people to take pride in serving people like you (and me) greasy fried **** full of additives that's probably full of botulism and pesticide. The stuff's reared on rainforests and killed by electrocution anyway. You should be grateful it didn' contain pubes, I suspect your next hamburger from ther will.
My brother once repeatedly asked a waiteress if the soup he was ordering was vegetarian; she assured him that it was and then when he found lots of ham in it she suggested picking it out! These guys should know how to take diet seriously; esp. in the case of nut allergies, they're a serious killer.
Actually my brother met one of his best friends whilst working as a burger flipper; he came in and ordered a burger without a burger... (i.e. the roll/veg etc).
If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.