View post (My Rant for the Day)

View thread

hairbndrckr
hairbndrckr
10/04/2003 9:39 pm
You know what pisses me off? People who don't take pride in what they do...

I went in to Burger King today and ordered a couple of plain double cheeseburgers because I don't like mustard or catsup, and I can live without the pickles. Seems like a pretty straightforward thing to make, right? Two pieces of burger with cheese on them, slap them on a bun and let them fly. Well, leave it to them to screw that up. They put the works on it, so I had to have a little fun with it.

I went back into the resturant and went straight to the manager and said "What did I ever do to you to make you want to kill me?" She looked at me stunned and said. "What do you mean, sir?". I said, "Well obviously you want to kill me because since I am deathly allergic to mustard, and there is mustard all over this burger, you must want to kill me. After all, the girl who gave me the burgers assured me they were plain since I heard her ask the grill cook if they were and he said yes they were. Do you really hate me that much?" So then I proceeded to ask the manager to bring the cook out there that said they were plain and proceeded to ask him what his definition of plain was so that I could see if I wasn't just screwed up in my thinking. When he said it correctly I asked him if he was sure, then proceeded with asking him why he was wanting to kill me and what did I ever do to him. Also somewhere in there I asked him what the definition of hot was also, then gave the manager a lesson in how hot a burger had to be before it would melt cheese, since my burger wouldn't do that either.

Funniest thing was that she started offering me free food, and I quickly replied "Why would I want that, you just tried to kill me with this food, what makes you think I am going to give you another chance to finish the job?"

Oh Good Times.... Needless to say I got my plain burgers, and yes I checked for the "special complainers sauce", my money back and another meal free the next visit, and I think that guy got fired on the spot too... Of course you realize that I am NOT allergic to mustard and normally would have let it go and just drove on, but since that idiot assured the girl who handed me my food that it was plain, he got his just dessert.

Lesson to be learned, take pride in your work and do it right the FIRST time, because you may end up with an a$$hole like me on the receiving end.
So. If you throw a cat out of a car window, is it considered "kitty litter"?