Clinton in '08?

z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
01/21/2007 10:23 am
Bush=big oil ...same thing....they are connected at the hip. why did oil prices plunge before the election??? speculation my ass. Bush easing restrictions will help big oil profits, not you and me. oil companies are cleaning up by the billions right now. i'm afraid our government(republicans and democrats) is so corrupted with special interests that it will only get worse. health care should be affordable to all. it is an entitlement to have the right to be able to live and recieve health care and one we should give all in need of it. i will gladly pay a few cents on the dollar for that.
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 1
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/21/2007 1:38 pm
The two party system outlived it's usefullness a hundred years ago and it is responsible for the Death of the American Dream. And with the insistance on holding onto the antiquated and obsolete electoral college, WE THE PEOPLE have not elected a president in many, many years.

Neither Dem's or Rep's are worth a d**n. Both are well-oiled and well funded machines whose sole purpose is for the general fleecing of the American public with a lot of back-slapping and hand in pocket moves with other nations. I like to think that most candidates enter politics idealistic with thoughts of actually making a change, pushing things forward. Sadly, it only takes a little foray into American politics to learn a few things a) nothing gets done without 'grease' b) you are not responsible to the American public, your bosses have always been and will always be, special interest c) the perks that we set in place to lure people into public service have devolved into a hydra-headed monster that makes it too difficult to walk away (lifetime medical coverage and pension plan that very few folks in the private sector could even imagine?) and d) like it or not, poltics is a family business. Whether it's done in the public forums or behind the scenes, the same power brokers have been working the system for as long as the system has been in place. The backroom deals that were made two-three hundred years ago are still in place. The players may change but the rules remain the same.

I would love to see Hilary or Obama win it. I really would. Sadly, I truly believe that we Americans (and I am not knocking my fellow countrymen) are not 'evolved' enough to elect a minority or a woman. For whatever reason, the American public has this deep-seated sense that we are best led by a white man. Why, I have no idea since this Madison Avenue image of what a President is supposed to be has not exactly led us down the primrose path in the past. No, I suspect that either Hilary or Obama will lose big to some middle-of-the-road talking head not because he's the best candidate but because he is a white male.

I will vote for either Hillary or Obama. I like their ideas. I like the fact that they are approaching politics with the idea of change. Even though I think they will lose, one of them will get my vote.

I don't vote for the candidate that will most likely win, I have always voted for the candidate that I think is less likely to blow up the d**n planet.

It is a foul system but it's all we've got. :mad:
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 2
BluesHound9
BluesHound9
01/21/2007 1:52 pm
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpBush doesn't?? the guy should be in prison, let alone impeached. inhereted recession, yea right....talking point. gas prices went down steadily until the election here even though oil prices did not change, on the day of the election they were at $2.25 here....down $.70 in 4 weeks, immediately after the election prices went up ...now they are at $2.80 here, even though oil prices have dropped $25 a barrel....these guys are crooks..war profiteers and traitors to the constitution and our military men and women. Also it would be nice if a muslim leader or two around the world would talk out against nutty jihadists and terrorist tactics and it got publicity....King of Saud maybe :rolleyes: like that will happen.

Lets not forget that Bush played a big part in capturing and hanging Saddam Husein for killing thousands of his own countrymen.
How many thousands af americans did bush kill with his illegal war?Maybe the same fate should befall Bush.
# 3
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
01/21/2007 3:08 pm
It seems silly to me that when Democrats have a very large chance at winning the presidential election that they're going to create tension with an African American candidate and a female candidate.
I seriously doubt that the American public is ready for such things. Im my political science class our professor asked for us to raise our hands if we knew who are senators are. Four people raised their hands out of thirty. A good deal of people are ignorant.

That is all.

# 4
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/21/2007 3:35 pm
Yea, a lot of people vote on image or what they hear from others, they don't make an informed descision since they don't follow that kind of stuff. We did this thing in my Social Studies class 2 years ago in school where we read different view points and proposals of Bush and Kerry and checked which ones we preferred. A lot of people that were pro Bush (and bashing Kerry) turned out to agree a lot more with Kerry's views, but still said that, if they could, would still vote for Bush.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 5
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/21/2007 5:31 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI don't get it.

It really doesn't take much to just go on the party website and read what they have to say, and then make a decision based on what you agree with.

If it's anything like Canada, you can't trust anything the policitians say before an election. They make a whole list of promises and then blatantly break them after the election because they know there's nothing you can do about it.
# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/21/2007 5:58 pm
Richardson is in. http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/presidential_election_2008

He'll get my vote in the primary and I sincerely hope he gets the nomination. He has experience in foriegn policy having been the Ambassador to the UN under the Clinton administration. He recently made some trips to the Darfur region to see what was going on. Gov Richardson has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize four times. He also has been Secertary of Energy so he will have some insight on the oil crisis. He's done well as Governer here in NM. I think he could be a great president.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
BluesHound9
BluesHound9
01/21/2007 6:01 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeIf it's anything like Canada, you can't trust anything the policitians say before an election. They make a whole list of promises and then blatantly break them after the election because they know there's nothing you can do about it.

It's exactly like Canada then.
# 8
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/21/2007 6:58 pm
Originally Posted by: z0s0_jpBush=big oil ...same thing....they are connected at the hip. why did oil prices plunge before the election??? speculation my ass. Bush easing restrictions will help big oil profits, not you and me. oil companies are cleaning up by the billions right now. i'm afraid our government(republicans and democrats) is so corrupted with special interests that it will only get worse. health care should be affordable to all. it is an entitlement to have the right to be able to live and recieve health care and one we should give all in need of it. i will gladly pay a few cents on the dollar for that.

Bush = big oil? Now that sounds like a taking point. I have a feeling I'm not going to change any of your perceptions, but just for fun and if you're interested you might read this article. And that's from a San Francisco paper. Or this article.

And where in "...life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" in the Constitution does it say we're entitled to health care? Does that mean I need to pay for your kid's braces too? You wanna pay for my wife to get some breast implants? In essence I agree I guess. Health care should be affordable, but I highly disagree that it's the government's role to make it so. The less they are involved in our lives, the better. Gradually and progressively giving them so much power and influence on everything has led to the very corruption you speak of.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 9
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
01/21/2007 7:03 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaRichardson is in. http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/presidential_election_2008

He'll get my vote in the primary and I sincerely hope he gets the nomination. He has experience in foriegn policy having been the Ambassador to the UN under the Clinton administration. He recently made some trips to the Darfur region to see what was going on. Gov Richardson has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize four times. He also has been Secertary of Energy so he will have some insight on the oil crisis. He's done well as Governer here in NM. I think he could be a great president.

He is the the most real guy i have seen run period. ever. i hope he wins it.
# 10
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
01/21/2007 7:11 pm
Originally Posted by: R. ShackleferdBush = big oil? Now that sounds like a taking point. I have a feeling I'm not going to change any of your perceptions, but just for fun and if you're interested you might read this article. And that's from a San Francisco paper. Or this article.

And where in "...life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" in the Constitution does it say we're entitled to health care? Does that mean I need to pay for your kid's braces too? You wanna pay for my wife to get some breast implants? In essence I agree I guess. Health care should be affordable, but I highly disagree that it's the government's role to make it so. The less they are involved in our lives, the better. Gradually and progressively giving them so much power and influence on everything has led to the very corruption you speak of.
in our state you have to prove you really are finnancially unable and require health care...and then it is not for beauty i.e a nice rack, there are ways to make it work. i am not for fed- social- medicine though.
# 11
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/21/2007 7:37 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaRichardson is in. http://news.yahoo.com/fc/us/presidential_election_2008

I like Richardson. I've been following him for some time now. What will hurt him is from a state that doesn't have big political clout, his pro-marijuna past and, I hate saying this, his Hispanic heritage. On the plus side, he's a lot like Clinton. Comes from a small state, appears honest and his state has really begun to flourish under his adminstration.

I'll have to see how the stumping goes before I make my final decision as to where I'll cast my vote.
# 12
parrotheada1a
parrotheada1a
01/21/2007 10:38 pm
Originally Posted by: AkiraI don't get it.

It really doesn't take much to just go on the party website and read what they have to say, and then make a decision based on what you agree with.
Jesus.

Unfortunately for American people's wallets, that is exactly what happens all too often. The problem with politicians is that they are ALL liberal. Whether they be Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Rainbow... hell, they could even be Martian. It doesn't matter. They are all equally liberal with YOUR money MY money, and anyone else's they can get their greedy paws on. What they say is important, but what the DO is far more important.

It seems to me that the Democrats are long on rhetoric and very short on ideas or action. The Republicans aren't too far behind either. One thing is damned certain. Our wallets will be continually picked, from whomever we choose. The problem today is that the government gives too much out on the public dole, and does little to reverse that trend. It used to be that welfare was a hand up. Today, it's become a way of life. I think what we need to do is vote for whomever will spend our money wisely.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Still learning. One riff at a time. [/FONT]
# 13
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/21/2007 10:42 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60I like Richardson. I've been following him for some time now. What will hurt him is from a state that doesn't have big political clout, his pro-marijuna past and, I hate saying this, his Hispanic heritage. On the plus side, he's a lot like Clinton. Comes from a small state, appears honest and his state has really begun to flourish under his adminstration.

I'll have to see how the stumping goes before I make my final decision as to where I'll cast my vote.

I believe you may have mixed Richardson up with our former Governor Gary Johnson. He was the one who was pro Marijuana. :D Other than that yes he is a very viable canidate and if he cannot get the nomination would make an excellent running mate. The greatest single thing he did (imo) is give a tax break to Hollywood studios for filming in the State. Some of the more recent films include Employee of the Month and The Hills Have Eyes. Also Tommy Lee Jones was here filming a movie that I don't what it is just yet. I did see, on a trip to take my brother in law to school In Las Vegas, NM, a set where they had one of the highway offramps set up like the US-Mexico border. I was like wtf? I know I didn't drive for that long! Great idea and has brought much needed revenue to NM.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 14
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/21/2007 11:25 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI believe you may have mixed Richardson up with our former Governor Gary Johnson. He was the one who was pro Marijuana. :D Other than that yes he is a very viable canidate and if he cannot get the nomination would make an excellent running mate. The greatest single thing he did (imo) is give a tax break to Hollywood studios for filming in the State. Some of the more recent films include Employee of the Month and The Hills Have Eyes. Also Tommy Lee Jones was here filming a movie that I don't what it is just yet. I did see, on a trip to take my brother in law to school In Las Vegas, NM, a set where they had one of the highway offramps set up like the US-Mexico border. I was like wtf? I know I didn't drive for that long! Great idea and has brought much needed revenue to NM.

You may be right! I'm old. My memory is not what it used to be...what were we talking about? :o I was stationed in New Mexico for 18 months back in the day and I really loved your state. I think it really gets short shrift from a lot of folks.
# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.