My theory why goths/satanists are actually happy little Christians

Tele Master
Full Access
Tele Master
Full Access
01/28/2004 4:01 am
I'm amused. Theories are cool.
Electric Guitars are the inspiration for cries of "Turn that damn thing down"-Gibson website
# 1
I Suffer
I Suffer
01/28/2004 4:20 am
*is an atheist as well*

Someone once said to me that if a person is a satanist they arent bad but people who worship the devil are horrible people. Meh, i hate religion.
# 2
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/28/2004 5:11 am
(applause)
Im impressed. You ever think of becoming a professor? Or goin on Jepardy?
# 3
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/28/2004 5:12 am
Atheism is sooooooo 1990s!!!

Haha, just kidding.

I just don't understand Atheism, I mean wouldn't being agnostic be more suitable?

Atheism means that we would have evolved from monkeys, so that throws me out of being an atheist right there. I don't want to think about my great grand daddy being a monkey!!

Agnostic is a bit less harsh than saying your an atheist. Being agnostic still gives some hope and can help explain some of the unexplainable.

Agnostic is defined as: One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.

That's a bit more general because you can't prove there is, but also you can't prove there isn't.

Sometimes I hit notes only dogs can hear.
# 4
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/28/2004 5:14 am
Thats the way to go!

What are degree are you taking?

Im goin for my bachelor of science next year
# 5
I Suffer
I Suffer
01/28/2004 5:19 am
I usually dont say I'm "Agnostic" because most people look at me like i have a certain part of the male antamony on my forehead. So i found it cute when you gave the defintion , lol :)

Its hard to decide if theres a god, maybe even atheists confide that there might be a god, just incase. But of course they do this in secret. Or maybe some monk needed a religion and some followers really quickly, no wait, it couldnt have been a monk...i dont know. * shrugs*
# 6
the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 5:19 am
okay, i like to think. wait a minute... wait a minute...

what do u mean by polar opposite? ie. one can't exist without the other? I think it's prefectly possible for something to exist without the other. See for instance, dark and light. Darkness only thrives with the absence of light. The same can be said with light also- light thrives with the abscence of darkness. Both are polar opposite but the existence of the other depends on the abscence of the other. The same can be said with Evil and Good. Evil is the absence of good just as the abscence of Evil is good. But in order for something to exist, another must not exist at the same time and place. There's a law here that they use in science, i just forgot what its called... damn it!

Pardon me but, I can't see how devil worshippers can be christians- you are either one or the other. I'm not being a smart ass religious person here i'm just trying to comprehend this statement because i think it's dangerous when you start making everything monotonous.
"Lets seeā€¦ well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I canā€™t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: ā€œYour guitar is too loud!ā€ I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 7
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/28/2004 5:21 am
Originally posted by finger_cruncher
I've been at university for 6 (yes, six!) friggin' years. I can debate with the best of 'em. ;)

I'm on year 4, but 6 will probably be my exit date as well.

*sigh* (thinks of all the equipment he could buy with that money)*/sigh*
# 8
the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 5:24 am
I'm also thinking about satanists and how they are happy lil christians. satanists are folks who reject christ out of free will. if you reject christ, how can u be a christian? if your statement is correct, then i suppose you can say that all christians are happy little satanists? strange world isn't it?

"Lets seeā€¦ well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I canā€™t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: ā€œYour guitar is too loud!ā€ I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"
# 9
I Suffer
I Suffer
01/28/2004 5:27 am
Wow, you have to have alot of patience to go into the field of the CSI. I can't even figure out who did it on the TV show, i just blame everyone, and deny i ever did if i was wrong. I obviosuly dont have the brain cells required. I bet its really intresting though.

Best of luck to you.
# 10
I Suffer
I Suffer
01/28/2004 5:31 am

[/B][/QUOTE]

Religion is nothing more than a wide-spread manifestation of organized cults. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree there.
# 11
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/28/2004 5:36 am
If you're an atheist and you believe there might be a God that would make you agnostic.

Right?

# 12
the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 5:39 am
o no, i'm not offended at all. i don't mind hearing it. its a perfectly valid philosophical point.

i think harmony is not the word but discord don't u think? harmony is to work together, lightness and dark don't work together- they work in discord- a power struggle if you may because the existence of the other depends on the absence of another- they aint the same mix just as evil and good just don't mix as well.

I think, the point: "if you believe in the devil, you're bought into christianity," is more of a philosophical/ religious concepcion than a Christian one. The devil isnt a christian invention in the first place. devils existed in many different religions and myths holding many different names even before christianity. the devil is basically a concept/ construct- the universal symbol for evil if you want to speak philosophically, just as the word God is the universal symbol for good. If I believe in the devil, it might not be the case that i am bought on the concept of christianity. Maybe i believe in the devil because i don't see anymore hope in the world. I believe more in world that is consistent with the "devil construct." Same with the case if i am to say that i believe in a god. that also does not mean i am bought on a christian concept. rather, i see a world consistent with the "god construct."

# 13
I Suffer
I Suffer
01/28/2004 5:45 am
Right.

I dont like to state something unless im sure, and in this cause im not,because of the simple fact, I dont know. Sometimes i think its possible other times i think its not. I just do my own thing and hope that if there is, he doesn't send a lighting bolt up my whoospie daisy. If someone could come up with hard evidence, then i'd probably still choose to not go along with the bible, go to church, pray and whatnot.

I don't like ways of religion. Plus its way to touchy of a subject for alot of people. Then they threaten to get their Jesus army on me, seriously.
# 14
moody_fa_loonie
moody_fa_loonie
01/28/2004 5:52 am
haha

yeah
but when you think bout it...whats after death? i definitely hope theres something after it. Why u see me at church every sunday lol jk
# 15
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
Pantallica1
Insert witty remark here
01/28/2004 5:54 am
Yeah, the Bible is a book to be read how you see it.

I hate people that try to force religion on me. I don't go to church, but I beleive there is a God. But I hate when peolpe say, oh the Bible says this and this. Well to quite honest the Bible says a lot of things.

Like women aren't supposed to cut their hair, women can't wear pants, you can't eat shellfish of any kind, masturbation is a sin, so on and so on. It's just ridiculous. I'll pray how I want, I don't need someone to tell me how to pray and what to beleive in.
# 16
the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 5:58 am
Thanks for respecting my point. I hope u dont mind me asking these questions. I don't mean to challenge your opinion. I think it's a perfectly valid opinion. Many great men used to be aetheists too. The late CS Lewis for instance, used to be the biggest aetheist until after a couple of questions, he found the light and somehow settled to believe in a God. Even if the aetheists are right, I guess, believing in a God isn't that harmful after all because in the end there would be nothing. I think, the main good out of believing in a god is that atleast you believe that your life has a purpose- some people might say this is an illusion/ deception, but atleast, in a psychologist's perspective, you've made yourself feel good.

I'm just trying to be like the rest here, I'm also in a spiritual pursuit. I've searched everywhere- religion, philosophy, you name it, and i encountered many different questions and problems- some very similar to yours. And since there is really no answer to philosophy, the best that i can do is ask questions until the truth somehow hits me just like it hit others. I think, the problem now a days is that people tend to equate God with religion when in fact it doesn't have to be that way.

# 17
the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 6:03 am
same here pantallica. i believe in a God but i dont go to church because i interact with God in my own personal way. people frown at that fact because they tend to associate God with religion but i think there's no other temple but your own body. I think, as long as you try to live in harmony with others- try to be productive, good and helpful to others as much as you can, you're qualified as a "good christian" i guess. I tend to notice that those folk who tend to go to church are the most biggest assholes that i know off. Besides, most of the people who go to church are only there to socialize. the church has become a social place instead of a place for worship.

# 18
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2004 6:16 am
Alrighty then..

Satan isn't a christian concept and it never has been. The bible never says Satan, except in inaccurate translations (which would be most). It does say Lucifer, but for the most part the bible uses vague terms for the being. Satan is actually a figure in Persian theology, formerly known as Shaitan. The term was mistakingly thrown in and it has become enough of a buzzword nobody has bothered doing anything about it.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 19
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
01/28/2004 6:52 am
I know, I just like poking fun at people's religious assumptions.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.