View post (My theory why goths/satanists are actually happy little Christians)

View thread

the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 5:58 am
Thanks for respecting my point. I hope u dont mind me asking these questions. I don't mean to challenge your opinion. I think it's a perfectly valid opinion. Many great men used to be aetheists too. The late CS Lewis for instance, used to be the biggest aetheist until after a couple of questions, he found the light and somehow settled to believe in a God. Even if the aetheists are right, I guess, believing in a God isn't that harmful after all because in the end there would be nothing. I think, the main good out of believing in a god is that atleast you believe that your life has a purpose- some people might say this is an illusion/ deception, but atleast, in a psychologist's perspective, you've made yourself feel good.

I'm just trying to be like the rest here, I'm also in a spiritual pursuit. I've searched everywhere- religion, philosophy, you name it, and i encountered many different questions and problems- some very similar to yours. And since there is really no answer to philosophy, the best that i can do is ask questions until the truth somehow hits me just like it hit others. I think, the problem now a days is that people tend to equate God with religion when in fact it doesn't have to be that way.

"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"