View post (My theory why goths/satanists are actually happy little Christians)

View thread

the fool
the fool
01/28/2004 5:39 am
o no, i'm not offended at all. i don't mind hearing it. its a perfectly valid philosophical point.

i think harmony is not the word but discord don't u think? harmony is to work together, lightness and dark don't work together- they work in discord- a power struggle if you may because the existence of the other depends on the absence of another- they aint the same mix just as evil and good just don't mix as well.

I think, the point: "if you believe in the devil, you're bought into christianity," is more of a philosophical/ religious concepcion than a Christian one. The devil isnt a christian invention in the first place. devils existed in many different religions and myths holding many different names even before christianity. the devil is basically a concept/ construct- the universal symbol for evil if you want to speak philosophically, just as the word God is the universal symbol for good. If I believe in the devil, it might not be the case that i am bought on the concept of christianity. Maybe i believe in the devil because i don't see anymore hope in the world. I believe more in world that is consistent with the "devil construct." Same with the case if i am to say that i believe in a god. that also does not mean i am bought on a christian concept. rather, i see a world consistent with the "god construct."

"Lets see… well I play the guitar and when I'm not playing the guitar, I think about playing the guitar. My other favorite instrument, is the guitar and if I aspired to play any other instrument, it would be the guitar...

I can’t sing so I sing through my guitar. So when the sound guy says: “Your guitar is too loud!” I think: "Why does he never say that to the vocalist?"