Merry christmas

andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
12/25/2007 5:19 am
merry christmas to all :D
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
-- Jimi Hendrix
# 1
oib111
oib111
12/25/2007 5:30 am
what bout Jewish people? lol Happy Hanukkah ya'll :D
# 2
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/25/2007 5:51 am
Don't forget us Atheists.
Groovy Free Stuff Day Everybody!!!
# 3
looneytunes
looneytunes
12/26/2007 12:14 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorDon't forget us Atheists.
Groovy Free Stuff Day Everybody!!!

So, you are atheist? You don't celebrate CHRISTmas, Easter, Thanksgiving or any religious holidays. You insist on working those days and refuse any holiday pay or gifts? You don't believe in the power of prayer? Doing anything less would be hypocritical. If someone should wish you a Merry CHRISTmas, you calmly explain you are an atheist, but have a good day? You don't believe in right or wrong or good and evil? Right and wrong is however the state or the you feel is right or wrong? Do you believe you can act and do anything you want as long as it doesn't hurt someone? Do you choose what laws (or commandments) you can break as long as you don't get caught?

I'm not saying you don't have the right to believe as you want. I'm just trying to understand what you do believe.

Have a nice day! :)
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/26/2007 12:50 am
It was just a joke dude.

Actually I don't believe, or not believe in anything.
Nobody can prove one way or another whether god really exists so I stay neutral on the subject.

However I do find it offensive having religion shoved down my throat on a daily basis whether I like it or not.
And I do find it kinda strange that if I choose to express my own beliefs, I end up getting castigated for it... sorta like you just did.

Seems funny how religion is supposed to be so amazing, yet the minute anybody expresses any doubt about the existence of god, They're immediately subjected to a sarcastic and abusive witch hunt by those very same religious people.
# 5
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
12/26/2007 1:24 am
well this is the last time i say merry christmas on a forum
-- Jimi Hendrix
# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/26/2007 1:33 am
Happy Festivus!!!! :)
# 7
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
andrewjreid
my amps go to 11
12/26/2007 1:51 am
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorHappy Festivus!!!! :)

uhhh sure i can go with that break out the pole
-- Jimi Hendrix
# 8
looneytunes
looneytunes
12/26/2007 2:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorIt was just a joke dude.

Actually I don't believe, or not believe in anything.
Nobody can prove one way or another whether god really exists so I stay neutral on the subject.

However I do find it offensive having religion shoved down my throat on a daily basis whether I like it or not.
And I do find it kinda strange that if I choose to express my own beliefs, I end up getting castigated for it... sorta like you just did.

Seems funny how religion is supposed to be so amazing, yet the minute anybody expresses any doubt about the existence of god, They're immediately subjected to a sarcastic and abusive witch hunt by those very same religious people.

Because you are so quick to anger and feel religion is "being shoved down your throat on a daily basis" leads one to believe the Holy Spirit is working in your life. You never did answer my question about right and wrong, good and evil. I don't think you are a true atheist. I think you just don't know what to beleive. Just my thoughts.

Actually, I understand how you feel because I have expereienced the same thing. Occasionly, whenever I express my beliefs (which I believe in the US anyone has the right to do anywhere and at anytime, that doesn't mean he doesn't have to face critizism), I am looked upon as being weird or stupid. Stupid for believing in something that can't be seen or touched or prooven it even exists! Some people think it's alright to express their disbelief it God, but never, never should a Christian express thier belief in God.

However, I wasn't trying to throw religion at you. You brought it up first and I was just trying to understand what you did believe. I mean do you believe that everything just happened? Take the something simple?? like the eye ball. Do you think that everything just accidental came together over millions of years to enable whatever to see? Did this creature run around for millions of years blind or did it just accidentally fall together in one big swoop. Think about it with an open mind. Everything had to just fall into place at the right time. Did we crawl out of the ocean and if so what were we before? Did the land and ocean just happen as well? Did we revolve from monkeys and if so, why are there still monkeys? If today's monkeys are laggers in revolution, are their creatures crawling out of the ocean popping out legs as we speak?

Believing in God is by faith. No proof required, just faith. I know it's hard, but it takes faith. If you need proof, look around. Life didn't just happen accidentally. The beauty of the world and the universe didn't just happen.
# 9
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/26/2007 2:41 pm
Well first lemme set ya straight...I might sound angry considering my typing style but most of the time I'm sitting here watching the Simpsons or something and it's unfortunate, but my directness comes across as anger. Two minutes after I've finished typing this I'll be going back to finish watching Police Squad while I'm recording so don't take anything personally.

As far as religion goes, it's such a broad subject that I hate discussing it.
There's too many points of view and too many subjects to cover that it would literally take months to type out my true feelings on the subject.

In short though, I will never believe in God unless he personally emails me and sets up a meeting to prove to me that he exists. Nobody in the entire world of 6 billion people can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that God actually exists because if they could, they would have already.
They can prove they have faith. But they can't prove there is a God.

Religion to me is like a cult. You've got scam artists like 700 club and these other performance artists who like to yell a lot and say things like 'let the spirit come OUT!! In Jesus name'. They can't prove god exists anymore than anybody else so they're just spouting out what they personally believe.
Unfortunately, they have the power of the media to convince millions of people that what they say is the absolute truth. So they get away with it.

You've got the Christian church and the boy loving priests who've been using the church as their personal sex palace for the last couple of thousand years.
Most wars are over religion. Any time there's a discussion about religion, somebody will take something the wrong way and go postal on you.

I absolutely hate religion in all forms. I hate the way they sucker kids into believing in it. It drives me nuts to see people in a forum posting bible passages as if they actually mean something.
To me they're offensive because they come from a cult composed of liars, sex offenders, abusers, scam artists and murderers.

As far as my own beliefs in the existence of the universe etc..
I think if there is something intelligent behind it, it's far beyond anything that we could possibly understand. It'd be like trying to explain the world to a flea. We'll never know. We'll never know what happens after death. We'll never know if there really is a God. We'll never know if there's a heaven a hell, a devil or whatever else there is. That's just the way it is.

So when I see these 'TV Evangelists' actually daring to say that they talk to God or know anything more than anybody else on this planet it doesn't get me angry. It makes me sick to my stomach that so many technologically advanced, intelligent people can be so gullible.
# 10
ZakJenkins
ZakJenkins
12/26/2007 4:35 pm
Who cares?

It's Christmas! On the calendar, it says Christmas! It's a big deal in the Christian faith. I'm not gonna say Happy Chanukah, 'cause it's already over, and it's a really small deal in the Jewish Faith.

And who really cares what who believes. I'm a Christian, but I'm not an idiot, I don't go around acting superior to everyone because I believe in a higher being. Christianity is all about admitting we're inferior to someone else, so if anything, the atheists should be making fun of us, not the other way around. That's why nobody likes Christians, because a majority of them are stuck up elitists. For the most part, Atheists leave theists beliefs alone, until the theists start bashing atheists. So...Theists, back off. Nobody cares. And Atheists, Happy Festivus, Most People don't care.
# 11
Geeetar4Life
Geeetar4Life
12/26/2007 4:44 pm
Originally Posted by: ZakJenkinsWho cares?

It's Christmas! On the calendar, it says Christmas! It's a big deal in the Christian faith. I'm not gonna say Happy Chanukah, 'cause it's already over, and it's a really small deal in the Jewish Faith.

And who really cares what who believes. I'm a Christian, but I'm not an idiot, I don't go around acting superior to everyone because I believe in a higher being. Christianity is all about admitting we're inferior to someone else, so if anything, the atheists should be making fun of us, not the other way around. That's why nobody likes Christians, because a majority of them are stuck up elitists. For the most part, Atheists leave theists beliefs alone, until the theists start bashing atheists. So...Theists, back off. Nobody cares. And Atheists, Happy Festivus, Most People don't care.

If most people don't care....then why do so many people get offended when someone says merry christmas? It might be different where yall live but here in GA if someone says Merry Christmas in our junior high school, they get written up for a referral which is basically a dentention or possibly a suspension. I think that's bull ****. It really pissed me off. If it were me in that situation, I would be saying merry christmas to everyone. Also, why do store managers make their co workers say happy holidays instead of merry christmas even if all the co workers are christian. the answer is so none of the none chritians get offended because a lot of them really do care. so yeah, I would have to say that christians don't really care, but for some reason there is a sensative button on a lot of other non christians.
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal." - Incubus

Band Myspace
# 12
Geeetar4Life
Geeetar4Life
12/26/2007 4:47 pm
Oh and by the way, Merry Christmas :)

Band Myspace
# 13
ZakJenkins
ZakJenkins
12/26/2007 4:50 pm
You too!

And getting Written up for saying Merry Christmas is silly. So is getting offended by it. Merry Christmas is no more offensive than any other Holiday Greetings. They're just saying the one they happen to celebrate.
# 14
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
turkeyjerky214
Full Access
12/26/2007 5:15 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunesYou don't celebrate CHRISTmas, Easter, Thanksgiving or any religious holidays.

Last I checked, Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday.

Hope everyone had a good christMAS. Personally, I got a 10 pack of electric strings and a 5 pack of acoustics (D'Addario and Martin), a book on music theory specifically for guitar, a book on rock/blues soloing, and of course my Boss GT-6 multi effects processor. I got the pedal a few weeks ago and was supposed to put it away until yesterday, but I "forgot" and have been using it since it got here.

Anyone else get anything good?
# 15
looneytunes
looneytunes
12/26/2007 7:01 pm
Originally Posted by: turkeyjerky214Last I checked, Thanksgiving isn't a religious holiday.

Really? Who are you giving thanks to, the Thanksgiving turkey? Mommy and Daddy? Maybe the government? I personally I thank God, but I guess you can thank anyone you want and call it anything you want.

I maybe a little snotty. Please forgive me. I just got carried away. I would like to know who you do give thanks to on Thankgiving day, for real!

There are other religious holiday that one might not think is related, but I'm not going there.

Have a Happy New Year! I hope that didn't offend anyone.

Hey, that's a good idea. I think I will start a new thread, if it's not started yet. What did you get for CHRISTmas?

Thanks!
# 16
Geeetar4Life
Geeetar4Life
12/26/2007 9:15 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunesReally? Who are you giving thanks to, the Thanksgiving turkey? Mommy and Daddy? Maybe the government? I personally I thank God, but I guess you can thank anyone you want and call it anything you want.

I maybe a little snotty. Please forgive me. I just got carried away. I would like to know who you do give thanks to on Thankgiving day, for real!

There are other religious holiday that one might not think is related, but I'm not going there.

Have a Happy New Year! I hope that didn't offend anyone.

Hey, that's a good idea. I think I will start a new thread, if it's not started yet. What did you get for CHRISTmas?

Thanks!

Thanksgiving is not a religious holiday. I mean, you can make it a religious holiday by thanking your god and all that good stuff. But intentionally, Thanksgiving is a holiday made for celebrating the finding of our home, America..You know the pilgrim and indians story...yeah, that's what Thanksgiving is. But yeah, people do make it religious such as my family. We give thanks to God and all that good stuff.

Band Myspace
# 17
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
12/27/2007 12:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Geeetar4LifeThanksgiving is not a religious holiday. I mean, you can make it a religious holiday by thanking your god and all that good stuff. But intentionally, Thanksgiving is a holiday made for celebrating the finding of our home, America..You know the pilgrim and indians story...yeah, that's what Thanksgiving is. But yeah, people do make it religious such as my family. We give thanks to God and all that good stuff.

I'm sorry but you are sadly misinformed... Thanksgiving to Christ came before America was found. The pilgrims just included the Indians in their celebrations, its not why they celebrated to begin with....

As with mostly everything that was created by the church, it gets altered and obscured over the years and Christ gets taken out of it. If it wasn't for Christ and the Bible, we wouldn't even have schools - schools were created to teach people to read the Bible - nothing more. And now you can't even mention God or Jesus in school. Some thanks that is.

Thats why most people don't know that Thanksgiving is about God and Jesus - because it can't be taught in school that way... Its a real shame that people are learning about history that isn't the truth.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 18
looneytunes
looneytunes
12/27/2007 12:56 pm
The holiday Thanksgiving is a national holiday for "giving thanks" or gratitude to God! If you are not thanking God, who are you thanking? Did the pilgrims thank the captain of the ship? I'm sure they did, but I don't think they gave a big feast in his honor. Maybe the ocean? Or did they just say "Thank, (whoever), we made it?" Maybe they gave thanks to themselves? I'm trying to understand!

Actually most of our national holidays, although they have ventured far from it's origin including Thanksgiving, is based on religion. And most were not declared national holidays until the 1950's. Does this mean nobody celebrated these holidays until the government declared them national holidays? Of course not! This is why I don't believe the government should proclaim a national holiday. These holidays should be kept religious and celebrated by those of that faith. I enjoy having the time off from work, etc., but religion is a personal thing and holidays should be celebrated by those of that faith and after work or those people can decide to take off from work those days without pay. Giving everyone the day off with pay (a free day as someone stated earlier), takes away the true meaning of any holiday. Those who are not of that faith should not be celebrating those holidays and they should be celebrating the holidays of their faith. And if they don't have any religious believes, then they should not be celebrating any holiday, not even "All Hallows Eve" (Halloween, the Eve of All Saints Day). Halloween is not a national holiday, but most celebrate it without even knowing what it is. I hope I clearly explained myself without ruffling too many feathers.

I appreicate everyone's responses, but nobody has answered any of my questions. I am trying to understand, but it is hard without some feedback. Anyway, I think too much time has been spent on this, so I'm moving on. Let's get back to guitar stuff.

P.S. I wished everyone I have contact with a "Merry CHRISTmas" and I know of no one being offended. Check out www.benstein.com

Thanks,
# 19
strat-man
strat-man
12/27/2007 2:21 pm
Originally Posted by: looneytunes
I think too much time has been spent on this, so I'm moving on. Let's get back to guitar stuff.

Your most sensible comment so far! any persons personal beliefs (be they religious or political) should remain just that....personal.... any public forum not related to either of those subjects is definately not the place to discuss them!

Have a nice day :)
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.