Merry christmas

earthman buck
earthman buck
12/30/2007 6:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeYeah... jokes like that.. twist things around to make them sound silly... but to be honest even twisted around like that in a joke - still doesn't make it sound any more silly than any other theory out there.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to disagree. That thing (which I didn't write, by the way) is a LOT more outrageous than "we used to be monkeys." But it really had nothing to do with my argument, it was just something my friend showed me last night and thought some of you might get a chuckle out of.

[QUOTE=Tonja_Renee]And six toes... what would be the benefit for having six toes... the theory of evolution is based on adapting to environment... and I'm at a loss as to how that would help someone.

That's because you're still at this point in evolution and therefore a lesser being. Do you think neanderthals understood why their brows were gradually shrinking and they were becoming less hairy? No, of course not. The theory of evolution hadn't come up yet and it's not like they were well-immersed in the history of the human being. But you can bet that if they had the kind of info we do, they'd be asking similar questions, and getting no answers. You can't answer a question before it's done being asked, so to speak. Until the next phase of evolution is complete, it's no good to ask why the change is occurring. And we'll all be loooooooooooong dead by then.

This of course is following the theory of evolution, not necessarily my own beliefs.
# 1
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
12/30/2007 8:53 pm
I'm going to have to disagree. That thing (which I didn't write, by the way) is a LOT more outrageous than "we used to be monkeys." of.

The entire concept of evolution is what I refering too, not just the monkeys portion of the tale. However, i find that joke pretty offensive... and I feel that a fairly respectable debate of beleifs was taken to new low at Christians' expense.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 2
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/30/2007 9:41 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeThe entire concept of evolution is what I refering too, not just the monkeys portion of the tale. However, i find that joke pretty offensive... and I feel that a fairly respectable debate of beleifs was taken to new low at Christians' expense.

I'm sorry you feel that way, no offense was meant.
# 3
looneytunes
looneytunes
12/31/2007 4:14 pm
Tonja,

It's just another example of how Christians are treated whenever they merely express their believes and ask questions. They cannot answer the questions, such as, what is right and wrong or who do they give thanks to on Thanksgiving, or do they celebrate CHRISTmas as hipocrites (just another free day!) or do they insist on working that day without any holiday pay, etc.

They can only attack. It's not really anything new. They feel we are attacking them by making them accountable for their actions. This is why they do not want to acknowledge a God. If there is no God, they can do anything they want without fear of punishment. It's as simple as that!

Of course, they will consider this as an attack on them. This is just an assumption based upon their response to our questions and their sick joke.

Oh, Happy New Year everybody! Please don't drink and drive. :)
# 4
Geeetar4Life
Geeetar4Life
12/31/2007 4:34 pm
Christmas is over. I say we drop it.
"I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal." - Incubus

Band Myspace
# 5
Tonja_Renee
Tonja_Renee
12/31/2007 9:19 pm
Nah.. its all good.

Earthman and I are friends... But if I didn't let him know he crossed the line with me - he wouldn't know not to go that far with me again...

All is forgivin... and we are good. That would be the Christian way.. ;)

Looneytunes,

It says in the bible to expect that type of persecution... so I sort of expect it... I do however try to remain respectful in my responses and try not to get too defensive... It was but just a few years ago that I was asking the same types of questions and not sure where my heart or beliefs were... So there is hope for everyone out there yet... Remember - WWJD.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.
# 6
earthman buck
earthman buck
12/31/2007 11:47 pm
I'm willing to drop this (except for the fact I am having a lot of fun with it :)), but there are a few things I'd like to point out first.

Originally Posted by: looneytunesIt's just another example of how Christians are treated whenever they merely express their believes and ask questions. They cannot answer the questions, such as, what is right and wrong or who do they give thanks to on Thanksgiving, or do they celebrate CHRISTmas as hipocrites (just another free day!) or do they insist on working that day without any holiday pay, etc.[/QUOTE]
1.) I answered your question about right and wrong, and so did Kevin.
2.) It's not a matter of who I give thanks to on Thanksgiving so much as what I give thanks for.
3.) I celebrate Christmas because my family is Christian and I greatly enjoy spending time with them. Also, as I'm pretty sure I mentioned, I do believe in many of the teachings of Christ. If there was a Kurt Vonnegut day, I'd celebrate that too.
4.) Do Jews who work for a company that closes on Christmas Day insist on going to work that day? I think not. No matter your religion, a day off is a day off.

Originally Posted by: looneytunesThey can only attack. It's not really anything new. They feel we are attacking them by making them accountable for their actions. This is why they do not want to acknowledge a God. If there is no God, they can do anything they want without fear of punishment. It's as simple as that!

That is absolutely ridiculous. There are still earthly laws to be obeyed. If what you said was at all true, I would be out robbing banks right now. However, I have a fear of being sent to jail and happen to think it unfair to take other people's money.

[QUOTE=looneytunes]Oh, Happy New Year everybody! Please don't drink and drive. :)

Thanks, the same to you. And I won't.
# 7
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
01/01/2008 12:01 am
Hookay! Everybody happy? Good...Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe and make as much music as you can. Or in my case, noise. :D
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/01/2008 3:29 pm
On the lighter side:

"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 9
strat-man
strat-man
01/01/2008 4:02 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter60Hookay! Everybody happy? Good...Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe and make as much music as you can. Or in my case, noise. :D

Right with ya bro :) especially on the noise! :D
Strat totin
Six string slingin
Son of a gun

I met my maker, i made him cry, and on my shoulder he asked me why, his people won't fly thru the storm, i said, listen here man they don't even know your born.

strat-man rocks with vox
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.