View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
12/31/2007 11:47 pm
I'm willing to drop this (except for the fact I am having a lot of fun with it :)), but there are a few things I'd like to point out first.

Originally Posted by: looneytunesIt's just another example of how Christians are treated whenever they merely express their believes and ask questions. They cannot answer the questions, such as, what is right and wrong or who do they give thanks to on Thanksgiving, or do they celebrate CHRISTmas as hipocrites (just another free day!) or do they insist on working that day without any holiday pay, etc.[/QUOTE]
1.) I answered your question about right and wrong, and so did Kevin.
2.) It's not a matter of who I give thanks to on Thanksgiving so much as what I give thanks for.
3.) I celebrate Christmas because my family is Christian and I greatly enjoy spending time with them. Also, as I'm pretty sure I mentioned, I do believe in many of the teachings of Christ. If there was a Kurt Vonnegut day, I'd celebrate that too.
4.) Do Jews who work for a company that closes on Christmas Day insist on going to work that day? I think not. No matter your religion, a day off is a day off.

Originally Posted by: looneytunesThey can only attack. It's not really anything new. They feel we are attacking them by making them accountable for their actions. This is why they do not want to acknowledge a God. If there is no God, they can do anything they want without fear of punishment. It's as simple as that!

That is absolutely ridiculous. There are still earthly laws to be obeyed. If what you said was at all true, I would be out robbing banks right now. However, I have a fear of being sent to jail and happen to think it unfair to take other people's money.

[QUOTE=looneytunes]Oh, Happy New Year everybody! Please don't drink and drive. :)

Thanks, the same to you. And I won't.