View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

earthman buck
earthman buck
12/30/2007 6:59 pm
Originally Posted by: Tonja_ReneeYeah... jokes like that.. twist things around to make them sound silly... but to be honest even twisted around like that in a joke - still doesn't make it sound any more silly than any other theory out there.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to disagree. That thing (which I didn't write, by the way) is a LOT more outrageous than "we used to be monkeys." But it really had nothing to do with my argument, it was just something my friend showed me last night and thought some of you might get a chuckle out of.

[QUOTE=Tonja_Renee]And six toes... what would be the benefit for having six toes... the theory of evolution is based on adapting to environment... and I'm at a loss as to how that would help someone.

That's because you're still at this point in evolution and therefore a lesser being. Do you think neanderthals understood why their brows were gradually shrinking and they were becoming less hairy? No, of course not. The theory of evolution hadn't come up yet and it's not like they were well-immersed in the history of the human being. But you can bet that if they had the kind of info we do, they'd be asking similar questions, and getting no answers. You can't answer a question before it's done being asked, so to speak. Until the next phase of evolution is complete, it's no good to ask why the change is occurring. And we'll all be loooooooooooong dead by then.

This of course is following the theory of evolution, not necessarily my own beliefs.