View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

looneytunes
looneytunes
12/26/2007 2:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Kevin TaylorIt was just a joke dude.

Actually I don't believe, or not believe in anything.
Nobody can prove one way or another whether god really exists so I stay neutral on the subject.

However I do find it offensive having religion shoved down my throat on a daily basis whether I like it or not.
And I do find it kinda strange that if I choose to express my own beliefs, I end up getting castigated for it... sorta like you just did.

Seems funny how religion is supposed to be so amazing, yet the minute anybody expresses any doubt about the existence of god, They're immediately subjected to a sarcastic and abusive witch hunt by those very same religious people.

Because you are so quick to anger and feel religion is "being shoved down your throat on a daily basis" leads one to believe the Holy Spirit is working in your life. You never did answer my question about right and wrong, good and evil. I don't think you are a true atheist. I think you just don't know what to beleive. Just my thoughts.

Actually, I understand how you feel because I have expereienced the same thing. Occasionly, whenever I express my beliefs (which I believe in the US anyone has the right to do anywhere and at anytime, that doesn't mean he doesn't have to face critizism), I am looked upon as being weird or stupid. Stupid for believing in something that can't be seen or touched or prooven it even exists! Some people think it's alright to express their disbelief it God, but never, never should a Christian express thier belief in God.

However, I wasn't trying to throw religion at you. You brought it up first and I was just trying to understand what you did believe. I mean do you believe that everything just happened? Take the something simple?? like the eye ball. Do you think that everything just accidental came together over millions of years to enable whatever to see? Did this creature run around for millions of years blind or did it just accidentally fall together in one big swoop. Think about it with an open mind. Everything had to just fall into place at the right time. Did we crawl out of the ocean and if so what were we before? Did the land and ocean just happen as well? Did we revolve from monkeys and if so, why are there still monkeys? If today's monkeys are laggers in revolution, are their creatures crawling out of the ocean popping out legs as we speak?

Believing in God is by faith. No proof required, just faith. I know it's hard, but it takes faith. If you need proof, look around. Life didn't just happen accidentally. The beauty of the world and the universe didn't just happen.