View post (Merry christmas)

View thread

Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
Tonja_Renee
Official PRSplaya Groupie
12/27/2007 12:14 pm
Originally Posted by: Geeetar4LifeThanksgiving is not a religious holiday. I mean, you can make it a religious holiday by thanking your god and all that good stuff. But intentionally, Thanksgiving is a holiday made for celebrating the finding of our home, America..You know the pilgrim and indians story...yeah, that's what Thanksgiving is. But yeah, people do make it religious such as my family. We give thanks to God and all that good stuff.

I'm sorry but you are sadly misinformed... Thanksgiving to Christ came before America was found. The pilgrims just included the Indians in their celebrations, its not why they celebrated to begin with....

As with mostly everything that was created by the church, it gets altered and obscured over the years and Christ gets taken out of it. If it wasn't for Christ and the Bible, we wouldn't even have schools - schools were created to teach people to read the Bible - nothing more. And now you can't even mention God or Jesus in school. Some thanks that is.

Thats why most people don't know that Thanksgiving is about God and Jesus - because it can't be taught in school that way... Its a real shame that people are learning about history that isn't the truth.
Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.