I'M BACK

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/10/2002 3:23 am

What exactly would you have the "illiterate Texan" do? The president has very little to do with the economy, but he at least tried to give people a tax cut so they would have more money to spend. The economy is controlled by the Federal Reserve, which is, in turn, controlled by super rich bankers.

Plus, it really doesn't help when we have a bunch of liberal save-the-planet dumb****s running around trying to cripple the world economy even further with that Kyoto crap.

# 1
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/10/2002 10:21 am
*baffelled by last paragraph*???? I dont understand where you comming from (this isn't a critisism, it's just that i really dont understand)
Dont worry i'm not gonna get political...

# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
09/10/2002 1:25 pm
I think he was suggesting that Clinton is better with hookers and beer than family support, and Bush is better at taking drugs than combating terrorism. Hate to be provacative, Christoph ;), but how much influence do you really think the Greenies have? On one hand you want to discount them as being morons, but on the other you attribute them with some sort of power over the economy. Your government is not going to sign Kyoto, so the treaty is making no difference whatsoever to your economy. Of course, I am an environmentalist to a degree (actually, when you think about it, what's more important: money now, or air later? Maybe the earth isn't as in as bad shape as some people say, but it's going to come to a head eventually), but I don't think that environmentalists have really any power.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/10/2002 5:47 pm

If environmentalists are so powerless, then why have Russia and Japan gone against all reason and ratified the protocol, crippling their economies in the process? By the way, in case you haven't noticed, we are now operating in a world economy, so what one country does affects all others. Personally, I would rather be able to find a job right now, than worry about some dumbasses having air two hundred years from now.

# 4
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/10/2002 10:26 pm
(yep, we've heard about the cocain thing... and the draft dodging, but i kinda like him cos the tabloids have slated him on very weak reasons, like they printed all 150 people he put to death when he was texans governer, what they didn't mention was that these poeple were convicted murderers and pulling the switch is the governers job, not Bush's hobby... I know it's not a good idea, but i'm like that... I'll admit, when he speaks off the cuff he can crack me up http://www.bushspeaks.com )
thank you, that's cleared up (I think i'll sit this one out)..

edit: oh yeah, although i'm dead against this currnet push against iraq, I do very much hold him and his aids in high respect for pointing out the day afer 911 that it wasn't a war with islam.... he's also got an arab/ american body gaurd (wich reminds me of a "dumb americans" story, i know americans aren't dumb at all, but over here it keeps us amused. After 911, they air crew on one of the planes refused to let Bush's arab body gaurd on, also they wouldn't let on a pair of orthodox rabbaies with beards, lmao, and also a siek guy got beat up in new york cos they thought he was a taliban... heheh, sorry, I know steroetypes are wrong, and i dont genuenly belive americans are dumb at all, it's just your sitcoms, and your politicains who talk like they're on a 30 second infomertail rahter than a serious political discussion)

[Edited by educatedfilm on 09-10-2002 at 05:34 PM]
# 5
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/11/2002 12:57 am
I don't like infomercials. And some people would like to take care of the planet, because they appreciate what they were given. And that is all.

# 6
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/11/2002 1:08 am
Originally posted by PonyOne
Clinton was a great president . . .

Ha . . . bwahahahahahahhahahhhahahaaahahahahahaaaaaaha.

Is that the joke of the day or something? What is one positive thing that he accomplished? (sure go ahead, try and list some, and I'll debunk them just as fast) By the way, he was elected not because he was anyone special, but because he was backed by the economic elite and all the gullible stooges who make up the majority of our voting populace fell for the slogans and the promises.

The only way that the Greenies have leverage in the economy is via what they buy. Their voice is so, so, so small that it gets drowned out by the other economic powers-that-be.

Actually, most of the big name hollywood people (actors, directors, etc) are all "greenies". And their economic power is only matched by their popular influence. Every time that Baldwin idiot gets up and says something about the economy, the President, or the environment it gets major media coverage.

If Bush Sr. had the cajones to go in and kill Saddam, or even just finish what he said he would and help the Iraqi people, and then he and every other president we had would have done something to put a halt ot terrorism, then there was a big bad thing that happened one year ago tomorrow that wouldn't have happened.

Speaking of great things that Clinton has done, wasn't he the one who let Usama Bin Donkass slip through his fingers? What would getting rid of Saddam have done to change that?

I love the US, I just hate the bastards that run it at the moment.

Actually the people running the US right now are the same people who have always run it (and other countries for that matter), rich and powerful people. Whatever figurehead they choose for the moment doesn't really matter (Clinton, Bush, Donald Duck). I just feel we should give credit where credit is due.

# 7
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/11/2002 1:24 am
Originally posted by Christoph
Clinton was a great president . . .

Ha . . . bwahahahahahahhahahhhahahaaahahahahahaaaaaaha.

Is that the joke of the day or something? What is one positive thing that he accomplished? (sure go ahead, try and list some, and I'll debunk them just as fast) By the way, he was elected not because he was anyone special, but because he was backed by the economic elite and all the gullible stooges who make up the majority of our voting populace fell for the slogans and the promises.

Technically, if you are speaking of Bush, he wasn't elected. Because;
1. Florida can't count.
2. The damned electoral college that was created based on the ignorance of your every day American. So if we weren't such idiots we would get rid of the electoral college, but that would be to difficult.
3. Not that this has anything to do with the subject, but guns should be illegal to a regular citizen (it was intended for people in militias) according to the Bill of Rights.

# 8
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/11/2002 4:21 am
No, I was speaking of Clinton. Oh, and by the way, the electoral college exists to protect the people from themselves. You see, anyone who knows anything knows that a purely democratic system is flawed and will eventually fall. This is why the founding fathers of America built in checks and balances to the ever swaying and capricious will of the people. The opinions of the people can be bought and easily manipulated, so this is why we have the electoral college; and also why, before our country began its unfortunate present slide into mediocrity, senators were elected by the state legislatures.

And about your number 3 . . . well, that's exactly what people who are completely detached from reality always say. If you had ever been raped, mugged, or beaten to a pulp in an alleyway, you would probably feel differently on the subject. It's no coincidence that Britan has been experiencing ever increasing crime rates ever since they "outlawed" guns. Poor people . . . It all comes down to the question of personal responsibility versus having a bunch of faceless people (i.e. the State), who don't really give a crap about you, trying to take care of your best interests. Which would you prefer?

# 9
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/11/2002 5:48 am
Yeah, Clinton launched a few missles, blew up a few villages, but remember, at that time our embassies had been attacked and OBL was a big item on the agenda. Fast forward a few years to Bush, and the world had practically forgotten that OBL existed. I can't blame Bush for not dealing with a threat that wasn't even known at the time.

No, I would never make the absurd suggestion that Bush is a great President, so you'll have to save up your laughs. But how can Clinton have done a "great job" on the economy when you've already agreed that presidents have nothing to do with the economy? Anyway, the fact is that we haven't had a great pres since Kennedy (there was a reason he was assassinated, you know).

Yeah, it's really funny how we had that great economy going for a long time, and then as soon as Bush got in, it all went in the toilet. Since presidents have no control over the economy (a fact that the average voter doesn't realize), it sorta makes the thinking person wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes. Like why did our pal Greenspan start raising interest rates like a mofo at the end of Clinton's term even though all economic data pointed to doing otherwise? Think about it.

Heh, I'm not really for either political party. They're all bull**** artists, and they all care about the same things - money and power. The only difference between the parties is that they go about getting those things in different ways. If I had my way, I would just move to a little dinkwater country in South America that no one cares about and just forget that all this crap ever existed. I'd just like to see a little objectivity now and then.

The electoral college a load of crap? . . . I don't think so. All those things you mentioned sound really bad, but they don't have anything to do with the electoral college. Just a lot of emotive jargon designed to get people off the subject. The electoral college existed so that people living in the countryside, where the population density is lower, wouldn't be dominated by the will of the people in the cities. Now it's pretty much pointless because the Constitution is in tatters. (These days the electoral votes of each state are linked to however the people of that state vote. It didn't used to be like that. The popular vote for the president was just a spectacle, and the electorates could vote however they wanted.) If you want to know what's really going on, I suggest you study American history and the trends therein. You'll be surprised at what you find. For example, why do we even have senators any more? They're completely rundundant, since now both they and the reps are elected by the people.

About the whole celebrity issue . . . who cares about Alec Baldwin and the rest of the hollywood bunch? Oh, just those few hundred liberal politicians receiving millions of dollars in campaign contributions from them. Tom Hanks anyone???

Now who's up for a thousand dollar tofu sandwich?

# 10
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
09/12/2002 1:37 am
Drugs should be legal, because if anyone knows what's going down the streets that where the basis of most murders come from. Also, people on the streets have better weapons then cops which is pretty sad. Also, if someone is about to mug, rape, ect. what's the likliness of you being emotionally steady enough to fire a gun? Your more likely to shoot yourself in the foot.

# 11
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/12/2002 3:42 am
You really know what you're talking about, don't you...
I'm inclined to agree with PonyOne on this one.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 12
Bardsley
Bardsley
09/12/2002 1:51 pm
While I am not a fan of gun ownership, I think it is often a matter of culture. In Australia, guns have been fairly well kept down, so people don't need them. As soon as there are as many people owning them as there are in the states, well, you can understand how it might be safer that everybody be allowed have them, rather than just put in place laws that only the criminals will be able to bypass.
Side note, Christoph, your view of what "objective" is baffles me. I'm not able to comment objectively on society, and, I'm sorry, but neither are you. You assume that an economy will be crippled by Kyoto; I believe that it is possible to develop an economy base don jobs created through environmental workers. It comes down a lot to values. While I believe in air for future generations, and similarly believe that animals deserve habitat (for instance), you don't. All of these values colour what we see as "fact" to make everything we say completely subjective. If I say Clinton was great because he inspired people (as an example), and you say he sucked because of employment (again, random word), there's no objective truth as to what is better,and to who is right about him.
Of course, guys, I love you all. :D
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 13
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/12/2002 5:01 pm

Well, Whoooooopeeee-DOOOOoOOoOOOOoOooOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

That's all I have to say to that. BTW, check out my new website.

# 14
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/12/2002 5:14 pm
Lmao... a conservative through an' through... great add for yer site though... *clicks on link*
# 15
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/12/2002 5:56 pm
Originally posted by educatedfilm
I went and listened to "Elephant riders" by clutch, and goddam it's good... it's got elements of KC and the sunshine band in there, and are really funky. I'll probably get the album. It's low tuned, but it sounds funky rather than dark or heavey... so, much apreciated rask.

Glad to hear you like it, man. It's always cool to introduce people to awesome music while helping out a band who's been busting their asses for over a decade.

On a side note, The Elephant Riders is in standard tuning. A few Clutch tunes are in drop D (The Soapmakers, The Dragonfly, Sea of Destruction, a few others), but not many. Actually, they've recorded some material about a quarter step sharp.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 16
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/12/2002 7:46 pm
Lmao...

I do what I can. :)
# 17
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
09/12/2002 8:28 pm
;), heheh, Did you make that yer self? I'm tempted to put it on a t-shirt (with yer consent ofcourse... no check that, the hell with you j/k, *saves picture*)
# 18
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/12/2002 8:39 pm
Heh, I actually got it off a T-Shirt website. I may have to buy one. :D

http://mfolz.com/

# 19
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
09/13/2002 3:50 am
... great add for yer site though... *clicks on link*
[u]What[/u] $#@%#@'n link?!?!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.