View post (I'M BACK)

View thread

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/11/2002 5:48 am
Yeah, Clinton launched a few missles, blew up a few villages, but remember, at that time our embassies had been attacked and OBL was a big item on the agenda. Fast forward a few years to Bush, and the world had practically forgotten that OBL existed. I can't blame Bush for not dealing with a threat that wasn't even known at the time.

No, I would never make the absurd suggestion that Bush is a great President, so you'll have to save up your laughs. But how can Clinton have done a "great job" on the economy when you've already agreed that presidents have nothing to do with the economy? Anyway, the fact is that we haven't had a great pres since Kennedy (there was a reason he was assassinated, you know).

Yeah, it's really funny how we had that great economy going for a long time, and then as soon as Bush got in, it all went in the toilet. Since presidents have no control over the economy (a fact that the average voter doesn't realize), it sorta makes the thinking person wonder if there's something going on behind the scenes. Like why did our pal Greenspan start raising interest rates like a mofo at the end of Clinton's term even though all economic data pointed to doing otherwise? Think about it.

Heh, I'm not really for either political party. They're all bull**** artists, and they all care about the same things - money and power. The only difference between the parties is that they go about getting those things in different ways. If I had my way, I would just move to a little dinkwater country in South America that no one cares about and just forget that all this crap ever existed. I'd just like to see a little objectivity now and then.

The electoral college a load of crap? . . . I don't think so. All those things you mentioned sound really bad, but they don't have anything to do with the electoral college. Just a lot of emotive jargon designed to get people off the subject. The electoral college existed so that people living in the countryside, where the population density is lower, wouldn't be dominated by the will of the people in the cities. Now it's pretty much pointless because the Constitution is in tatters. (These days the electoral votes of each state are linked to however the people of that state vote. It didn't used to be like that. The popular vote for the president was just a spectacle, and the electorates could vote however they wanted.) If you want to know what's really going on, I suggest you study American history and the trends therein. You'll be surprised at what you find. For example, why do we even have senators any more? They're completely rundundant, since now both they and the reps are elected by the people.

About the whole celebrity issue . . . who cares about Alec Baldwin and the rest of the hollywood bunch? Oh, just those few hundred liberal politicians receiving millions of dollars in campaign contributions from them. Tom Hanks anyone???

Now who's up for a thousand dollar tofu sandwich?