Guitar tricks record?... Whos in?....

Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
12/11/2001 6:07 am

Who is String_Dancer?

James, we can still do the web page, but let's get started with Yahoo first.
# 1
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/11/2001 8:36 am
they wont accept my password so i cant verify my e-mail
and now after few tries they wont accept the code they sent me either!! :mad: !!
God sent meat,
and the Devil sent cooks.

Excuse me while i keep this eye
# 2
Psycho Amram
Psycho Amram
12/11/2001 9:21 am
OK that fine now
God sent meat,
and the Devil sent cooks.

Excuse me while i keep this eye
# 3
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/11/2001 7:40 pm
im zeppelin_m in the group
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 4
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/11/2001 7:43 pm
ok im not
i cant get in, can someone help me please?
somehow i can only get to the home windown, though i signed in and everything...
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 5
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
12/11/2001 11:53 pm

Alright Zep, you're in.
# 6
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
12/12/2001 12:51 am
hey guys... right, sorry If the stuff I hand in at the minute isn't really the best... that's cos It's all stuff I recorded back in January (god it seems like it was only a couple of weeks ago), which I didn't intend to do anything with anyway... But hopefully once I figure out how to fit my amp in the living room (where the pc now is), and getting a decent mic, I should be loading up some decent stuff... Why wont anything work on yahoo now any way, it's 00:46 at the minute (that's 18:46 US, roughly)... I'm guessing it's busy at this time (peak time?).... sorry I had to post this here, It's just everylink times out on yahoo...
# 7
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
12/14/2001 3:46 pm
hey Christoph i still cant get it, every time i log on to yahoo and i go this page it tells me i can join the group, but ive done it for like 3-4 times and it doesnt work at all
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 8
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
12/14/2001 7:34 pm

Zep, I don't know what to tell you. I thought you were frittybass, or whatever that was, but I haven't seen any other names under the pending list.

Make sure you're logging into the right page. Yahoo has separate points of access for email, groups, and mailing lists. If you're logging into your email, you won't be able to get to groups, and vice-versa.

Try going to groups.yahoo.com and logging in at the top right.
# 9

12/14/2001 10:09 pm
i'm stringdancer. Zep, I had trouble getting in at first as well... I kind of just kept on blindly trying until it worked
# 10
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/15/2001 4:33 am
Originally posted by Zeppelin
hey Christoph i still cant get it, every time i log on to yahoo and i go this page it tells me i can join the group, but ive done it for like 3-4 times and it doesnt work at all

Fiftygritbass would be me.
I'll contribute something as soon as I figure out a good way to record stuff.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/26/2001 6:41 pm
This post started out as a reply to a thread from schmange lamenting the loss of concept albums. I can't find the thread, now, but this sort of fits in here.

Unfortunately, MTV, MuchMusic and their ilk have 'dumbed down' the North American public to the point that someone with the attention span of a chipmunk seems scholarly.

I think Indigenous http://www.indigenousrocks.com/ has it right, even if they can't spell their own name. You can download entire, unabridged MP3 files of their songs. If you are honest enough to do so, you can pay them a dollar a song through Amazon.com

I love albums (another word that is likely to disappear soon or be corrupted into meaninglessness; it used to refer to several vinyl LPs in a single sleeve), that I can listen to uninterrupted from one end to the other.

I got a used SB Live from my father. How's that grab you; he's in his 70s, and I get his SB Live 'cause he just upgraded his system! Anyway, I'm gearing up for some home recording so I can contribute to the colaboration that educatedfilm started up. Who knows? Maybe it'll turn into a suite of music we can listen to from end-to-end, just like in 'the old days'.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 12
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
12/26/2001 11:35 pm
the whole thing, kinda gave out that first cry a new born gives out... then farted, and went to sleep... We Uploaded some stuff... but we're gonna have to immigrate cos Yahoo aint doing the web ring thingy no more... Thankfully Christoph is onto it... WHich I very grateful for, cos right now I'm upto my eye balls in revision (bloody Chemistry and Physics), but I'll finish on the 18th, and then I can really get down with it, sukka... I'm glad there has been a response to this... Very happy in fact... Cos I got Nine months after my exams where I'll have notthing to do.... but this has giving me summ'ing to look forward to... I really hope it does manage to do something...
Lord: are you originally from the UK? You some times drop some words which kinda look like it... like "busting yer arse"...
# 13
Willdridge
Willdridge
12/26/2001 11:47 pm
I'll admit I've kinda lost track of what's really going on with this project, but I'm still very much interested. I've tried getting into Yahoo! and it just hasn't worked at all... I'll keep an eye on this post and follow what goes on from here, so here's to hoping everything goes well!
Anway, hope everyone had a good Christmas and hopefully we all be posting before New Years!
(And for whoever's interested:- I'm from the UK......)
Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years all!
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 14
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/26/2001 11:55 pm
I'm 6th or 7th generation Canadian, with ancestry in the Yorkshire Dales and the Scottish lowlands. My father, and a lot of my friends, started out in the Maritimes on the east coast, and drifted west looking for work. The maritime provinces used to send fish, coal, and wood to the rest of the country, but these days, the main export is people.

Phrases like "bustin' yer arse" are still current, and recognized on the east coast, and while less common as you go westward, even here in Alberta there are enough folk from 'down East' to preserve the dialects.

Even 'Newfonese' has its adherents in the West. I salt my laguage with bits of the bastardised Irish that is spoken in Newfoundland 'just fer devilment'!
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 15
Willdridge
Willdridge
12/27/2001 12:13 am
I often wonder what would happen if Britain were to say "t'hell with Europe" and just go and join some kind of alliance with the Norht Americas (U.S.A. and Canada obviously...) God know Europe screwing us for more than we deserve...I know here's neither the time or place, but just kinda need to vent this. I think there's a kinship between the UK and Canada and US that we can't always explain, or even begin to understand, but sort of helps enforce things. For example, the simply fact we can have Americans, Candians and Brits talking about who comes from where!...This is what I love about this forum, y'know?
Anyway, I digress...read the signature, most of it's true... :o) On with what really matters...
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 16
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/27/2001 12:36 am
"Thick Fog On Channel... Continent Isolated!"

LOL :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

# 17

12/27/2001 3:21 pm
I'm rather fond of the maritime provinces. I live in Ontario now, and I'm mighty tired of the level of Americanization here. Things seem to be more chillaxed over there. Not to mention it is very beautifull.
# 18
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
12/27/2001 5:36 pm
got that right. canada is beautiful. but i cant bitch at americans because i am an american...so yeah. i went to canada a few years back, only for a few days though. ( where did i go...where did i go...) i know we went fishing alot but i cant remember what lake..?
# 19
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/29/2001 1:51 am
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Even 'Newfonese' has its adherents in the West. I salt my laguage with bits of the bastardised Irish that is spoken in Newfoundland 'just fer devilment'!

"That's a sin!"
"I went out wit tree of my friends..."
"DON'T TOUCH IT, IT'S LOADED!" (regarding the discovery of a slingshot by a Game Warden)
...and innumerable jokes about French Canadians

Ah yes, memories of my rather short, and definately disturbed family hailing from Newfoundland.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.