Guitar tricks record?... Whos in?....

12/30/2001 5:08 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Originally posted by Lordathestrings
Even 'Newfonese' has its adherents in the West. I salt my laguage with bits of the bastardised Irish that is spoken in Newfoundland 'just fer devilment'!

"That's a sin!"
"I went out wit tree of my friends..."
"DON'T TOUCH IT, IT'S LOADED!" (regarding the discovery of a slingshot by a Game Warden)
...and innumerable jokes about French Canadians

Ah yes, memories of my rather short, and definately disturbed family hailing from Newfoundland.

Damn French Canadians... make it so we need to have French on the back of all our cereal boxes :(
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
12/30/2001 6:12 pm
Originally posted by James
Damn French Canadians... make it so we need to have French on the back of all our cereal boxes :(

I don't think I'd mind the French on the back of... well, everything nearly as much as I mind high beams and tailgating on I-89. That or the near-death experiences I've had trying to cross streets in Montreal.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/30/2001 7:32 pm
There are two kinds of pedestrians... the quick, and the dead! Its a real treat to ride a motorcycle down one of the freeway off-ramps, pursued by an overloaded truck whose driver is apparently unaware of the presence of a brake pedal in his vehicle.

Next year legislation will take effect that allows right turns to be made on a red light. 'Til now, Quebec has been the only province of Canada that did not allow this. Even the provincial legistlature recognized that drivers in Quebec lack the necessary discipline required to use such freedoms responsibly! I don't know what prompted the change. I predict carnage.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.