View post (Guitar tricks record?... Whos in?....)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
12/26/2001 6:41 pm
This post started out as a reply to a thread from schmange lamenting the loss of concept albums. I can't find the thread, now, but this sort of fits in here.

Unfortunately, MTV, MuchMusic and their ilk have 'dumbed down' the North American public to the point that someone with the attention span of a chipmunk seems scholarly.

I think Indigenous http://www.indigenousrocks.com/ has it right, even if they can't spell their own name. You can download entire, unabridged MP3 files of their songs. If you are honest enough to do so, you can pay them a dollar a song through Amazon.com

I love albums (another word that is likely to disappear soon or be corrupted into meaninglessness; it used to refer to several vinyl LPs in a single sleeve), that I can listen to uninterrupted from one end to the other.

I got a used SB Live from my father. How's that grab you; he's in his 70s, and I get his SB Live 'cause he just upgraded his system! Anyway, I'm gearing up for some home recording so I can contribute to the colaboration that educatedfilm started up. Who knows? Maybe it'll turn into a suite of music we can listen to from end-to-end, just like in 'the old days'.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons