fun with tickets!

quickfingers
quickfingers
08/01/2007 6:38 pm
well i guess i had this coming; after many, many times being illegitimate behind the wheel, i finally get caught with substances last night. my piano player and i are parked at a train crossing waiting for it to pass, and about 10 cars till the end, it comes to a halt. irritated but in no way surprised, we get out and sit on the hood of my car and shoot our mouths off. i decide it would be a good idea to finish the beer in my trunk as to 'make the night whole' and i pull the last two pabst cans out. i crack mine open as we casually throw rocks at the motionless train. no more than 30 seconds later, a cruiser prowling in the bushes flips on his lights and orders us in the car. beer in hand, other underneath the passenger seat, i tuck it under the same seat and start thumbing for my registration papers in the glovebox. detective dipsh*t makes his rounds, checks our id's, and pulls us out of the car. enter second cruiser. hand-in-cheek humor is exchanged with the cool cop as detective dipsh*t runs his inexperienced lip. he begins to search my car without my permission, acting like a golden retriever to a stick when he finds my two beer cans, one half consumed and the other unopened. he also loves rubbing it in our faces that he happened to find my buddy's 2 foot bong in the back seat of the car, wrapped in paper. our stories where both legit and didn't contradict eachother, and the bong was supposed to be sold that night to someone who didn't show up where we where. so in all reality, we got 3 misdemeanor charges for throwing rocks near a train.

bogus much?
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 1
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
08/01/2007 6:45 pm
I recent;y got 2 tickets for mooning a cop. What happened was me and a few co-workers, who are also friends of mine were coming back to work from lunch. My brother and his g/f were behind us in his truck, so my 3 buddies had their asses sticking out the window. We were driving back which takes 15 moinuts through the town and we happened to pass a cop that was coming down a side road. They didn't get in trouble, though the cop pulled them all out and patted them down. I got 2 tickets, 1 for persons riding on parts of a vehile not ment for sitting or some crap, and the other for driving carelessly (not careless driving, some other crap.) I have to go to court for the latter. The best part was that one guy was sitting on my rear hatch with the window popped (its an Explorer) and the cop asked why he was doing that, he said ,"Cause I thought it'd be funny," being serious, and didn't even laugh.

I mean cmon though, if I see a bunch of people with their asses out the window and I'm a cop, my partners gonna get his out the window when we "pull them over."
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 2
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/01/2007 8:33 pm
HAH. yesssss. honestly, depending on the city, you meet some of the most rediculous police tangos. there is a city where i live called Battleground, some hick-ass creepy fundamentalist christian community that has the lamest cops ive ever met. 'petty' doesn't even begin to describe them. they have a huge budget for law enforcement, and nothing to do with it, so they waste their time by setting up 'stings' like going undercover so they can run out in front of speeding vehicles in civilian clothes, and later arresting the passing cars for shouting obceneties at the jaywalking piggie.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 3
The Allmighty Zach
The Allmighty Zach
08/01/2007 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingerswell i guess i had this coming; after many, many times being illegitimate behind the wheel, i finally get caught with substances last night. my piano player and i are parked at a train crossing waiting for it to pass, and about 10 cars till the end, it comes to a halt. irritated but in no way surprised, we get out and sit on the hood of my car and shoot our mouths off. i decide it would be a good idea to finish the beer in my trunk as to 'make the night whole' and i pull the last two pabst cans out. i crack mine open as we casually throw rocks at the motionless train. no more than 30 seconds later, a cruiser prowling in the bushes flips on his lights and orders us in the car. beer in hand, other underneath the passenger seat, i tuck it under the same seat and start thumbing for my registration papers in the glovebox. detective dipsh*t makes his rounds, checks our id's, and pulls us out of the car. enter second cruiser. hand-in-cheek humor is exchanged with the cool cop as detective dipsh*t runs his inexperienced lip. he begins to search my car without my permission, acting like a golden retriever to a stick when he finds my two beer cans, one half consumed and the other unopened. he also loves rubbing it in our faces that he happened to find my buddy's 2 foot bong in the back seat of the car, wrapped in paper. our stories where both legit and didn't contradict eachother, and the bong was supposed to be sold that night to someone who didn't show up where we where. so in all reality, we got 3 misdemeanor charges for throwing rocks near a train.

bogus much?

Did they take the bong?
# 4
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/01/2007 8:37 pm
Originally Posted by: The Allmighty ZachDid they take the bong?

of course. i sat in the back of the cruiser as they talked about how it was going to look in the evidence room.

fawkin' losers.

what was even lamer is that the cop that came to subdue my buddy (who wasn't the arresting officer) was a super cool guy. no doubt he would have let us off the hook with nothing but a warning and possibly taking the rest of my beer. but noooo, i had to get 'rookie of the year'. seriously, this guy was such a noob i felt compeltely unintimidated by him, and i actually contemplated beating his frail, puny body to the ground with a tire iron before the second cop came. i'm all for equal rights, and that includes scrawny cops, but now when he's trying to act like a hardass. sorry dude, you don't have the xp points to pull that garbage. not to mention that my friend in the car with me is an authentic cholo and would have mopped the pavement with this guy's face.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 5
hunter1801
hunter1801
08/02/2007 2:46 am
Sounds to me like you are the typical cop hating kid that deserves what he gets. Don't get upset at the officer because YOU broke the law. Explain to me how all this is "bogus"....Open beer in a car + bong = illegal. Your fault, so deal with it. Don't hate the police for doing their jobs, which is to uphold the law and make sure it's safe enough in your town for you to even step out of your car in the first place.
# 6
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
adevotedone
Daddy-by-day!
08/02/2007 6:12 am
Thank you Hunter!

And don't forget keeping the roads safe for me when I'm driving with my 3 kidlets!

If you want to fry your brain on that stuff, feel free, I guess, but do it AWAY from a vehicle!!

Peace,
Tom
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (even learn how to play this silly instrument!! ;) )[/FONT]
# 7
The Allmighty Zach
The Allmighty Zach
08/02/2007 2:55 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingersof course. i sat in the back of the cruiser as they talked about how it was going to look in the evidence room.

fawkin' losers.

what was even lamer is that the cop that came to subdue my buddy (who wasn't the arresting officer) was a super cool guy. no doubt he would have let us off the hook with nothing but a warning and possibly taking the rest of my beer. but noooo, i had to get 'rookie of the year'. seriously, this guy was such a noob i felt compeltely unintimidated by him, and i actually contemplated beating his frail, puny body to the ground with a tire iron before the second cop came. i'm all for equal rights, and that includes scrawny cops, but now when he's trying to act like a hardass. sorry dude, you don't have the xp points to pull that garbage. not to mention that my friend in the car with me is an authentic cholo and would have mopped the pavement with this guy's face.

Damn, this story had moved me :D

I'm gonna treat my bong like a child now.
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
08/02/2007 3:28 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter1801Sounds to me like you are the typical cop hating kid that deserves what he gets. Don't get upset at the officer because YOU broke the law. Explain to me how all this is "bogus"....Open beer in a car + bong = illegal. Your fault, so deal with it. Don't hate the police for doing their jobs, which is to uphold the law and make sure it's safe enough in your town for you to even step out of your car in the first place.

Sure its their job to uphold the law, but they don't have to be douchbags about it. Most of the cops around here are pretty cool and can take jokes, but the one that pulled me over was the jerk of the bunch. Even the cop that came after him was laughing about it. I remember when my brothers were riding on their quad/dirtbike and they crossed over the street like we always do. Some noob cop chased after my one brother and another went after my other brother. My one brother almost got his bike impunded while the other cop pulled next to my other brother, said, "hey, gotcha!" and sat in his cruiser and was talking to him.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 9
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/02/2007 7:06 pm
yo, i wasn't telling this story to get sympathy for my actions.

but on a side note, i've been pulled over/messed with by so many cops in this town that i honestly dont give a tenth of a damn what you think about my 'unruly actions'. i was sitting at a train stop and threw a rock while drinking a pabst. considering the fact that i can literally sit at a laundrymat in my town and watch meth deals go down at all times during the day and night, i think that Vancouver's finest has better things to worry about than giving a full time college student tickets for doing something that every ther 19 year old kid is up to on a summer night. YOUR point of view is from a family man, and i'm just a kid. straight up.

and the comment about your kiddlets or whatever fascinates me, because if your little ones are running around at 1 o clock in the morning, they have more to worry about than my 'impaired' driving abilities.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 10
hunter1801
hunter1801
08/02/2007 9:58 pm
I'm guessing the above post was directed at Adevotedone. I feel pretty much the same way he does and I'm 21. Only 2 years older than you are. Sure cops may get on your nerves for breaking up the fun (I've had many parties crashed by them), but at the end of the day, if you do something illegal, don't be upset with the consequences. A cops job is to give you a ticket if he sees you doing something wrong. It is a PRIVILEGE if he lets you off with a warning. It's not something you should expect to happen even if it is a small "crime".
# 11
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/03/2007 4:09 am
its just a matter of the fact that anything and everything is illegal these days. honestly, in the eyes of judicial law...we have very few rights. beaurocracy kinda puts a damper on things. and don't give me the "well they make the community safer" because i truly don't see how sitting on a corner and handing out traffic tickets for not stopping 3 seconds at a residential stop sign is really making the community safer. all the police department builds are criminals and tools. only complete and utter morons would obey every rule we have in our society, and anyone else is a criminal.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 12
dvenetian
dvenetian
08/03/2007 5:13 am
I agree with you that with so many laws, some are bound to be broken by multitudes. Most that are broken relate to misdemeanors compared to felonies because the lesser usually only results in the possible loss in privileges, where a felony constitutes the loss of Civil Rights.....
A high percentage of the general population break some kind of law or another. The Bong itself isn't illegal, you could smoke pine needles or whatever from it all day if you wanted to in front of the police station.....But stay there too long and you're busted for loitering.
The key to exercising how you want to live your life is being smart about it. Live like the Fox and not like the Donkey. They aren't called Jackasses for nothing.
Drinking in public is just that, open container, but putting the open container in your vehicle is what I consider a Jackass maneuver (They won't find it or the Bong safely hidden under the seat). The mess just got 10 times worse and now becomes a double-whammy. Oh, look at what else we found.
Most of the younger generation don't have anywhere to go but the street to do their activites because they usually spend what money they do have on the activity and then the fines (or let them go to warrants).
The Fox lives in a nice cozy den of it's own and the Donkey stands out in the rain wondering why it's cold and wet.
Make the mishap a lesson learned not to repeat and it's good that you didn't beat the officer to a pulp. In fact, I would delete that from my post.....
Better Luck next time.
# 13
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/03/2007 11:24 am
I have to agree with Dvenetian - I am certainly not going to come down on you for drinking a beer or two but you gotta be smart about it. Safety issues aside, with the current climate, drinking anywhere near a vehicle is just foolish. Take it from a middle-aged dude, what you do in your youth can very easily impact your life down the road. A DUI can pop up later when you're going for that promotion at work - shows a certain amount of irresponsbility.

Just be smart about it. Don't do your stuff out in public. When I was a kid (yes, it's true. I was a kid once a looong time ago), we did our share of partying (believe me....oooh boy) but it was away from all prying eyes and the less interaction we had with the police, parental units...etc, the better we liked it.

As far as the bong, just be glad you're not in PA. 'That's paraphernalia son -that's against the law'. That sort of thing will get you arrested for sure.

But like the others, you can't bust on the police for doing what they are paid to do. Yeah, it seems a little trite but remember, God forbid, should you ever be in a bad situation, these are the same guys who will be the first on the scene and they will give their lives to protect yours. Give them their props! :cool:
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 14
light487
Forum Administrator
light487
Forum Administrator
08/03/2007 9:01 pm
The Fox lives in a nice cozy den of it's own and the Donkey stands out in the rain wondering why it's cold and wet.

But donkeys are cute! :p
light487
Guitar Tricks Moderator

GuitarTricks
Daily Light Blog
# 15
rhythm
rhythm
08/03/2007 9:02 pm
Not that I am going to agree with either view point. I cant be bothered with the aggro, but why is this thread in a guitar forum? :confused:
# 16
hunter1801
hunter1801
08/03/2007 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingers because i truly don't see how sitting on a corner and handing out traffic tickets for not stopping 3 seconds at a residential stop sign is really making the community safer[/QUOTE]

Because if you weren't required to stop for 3 seconds, everyone would just be doing "rolling stops". That would become the norm, and then everyone will keep pushing it a little more. It's a slippery slope basically. Once you get comfortable knowing you won't get a ticket for a not coming to a complete stop, you won't do it anymore. Stop sign violations are the second most common traffic offense (speeding being first). Its almost as bad as running a red light. Stop signs are there for a reason, and if you run one, you could possibly KILL somebody. The more tickets you get for running a stop sign, the more likely you are to actually stop the next time you come across one, even if its just to avoid a ticket.

That's how it keeps your community safer.

[QUOTE=rhythm]Not that I am going to agree with either view point. I cant be bothered with the aggro, but why is this thread in a guitar forum? :confused:

It's in Open Discussion
# 17
hunter60
Humble student
hunter60
Humble student
08/03/2007 11:01 pm
Originally Posted by: rhythmNot that I am going to agree with either view point. I cant be bothered with the aggro, but why is this thread in a guitar forum? :confused:

Yup. Open forum.
[FONT=Tahoma]"All I can do is be me ... whoever that is". Bob Dylan [/FONT]
# 18
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/03/2007 11:20 pm
i realize the 'slippery slope' idea completely, but when faceless laws completely replace human ingenuety, i find it a little disheartening. i mean, there are certain places everywhere that just have bogus speeds/stops/cautions. shoud i come screetching to a halt so i can sit at a completely visible 4-way intersecton? cops know its not a danger to anybody, and in my experience most cops use the law word-for-word only when they get to hammer heads, and it has very little to do with upholding peace and quiet or justice.
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 19

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.