View post (fun with tickets!)

View thread

hunter1801
hunter1801
08/03/2007 9:07 pm
Originally Posted by: quickfingers because i truly don't see how sitting on a corner and handing out traffic tickets for not stopping 3 seconds at a residential stop sign is really making the community safer[/QUOTE]

Because if you weren't required to stop for 3 seconds, everyone would just be doing "rolling stops". That would become the norm, and then everyone will keep pushing it a little more. It's a slippery slope basically. Once you get comfortable knowing you won't get a ticket for a not coming to a complete stop, you won't do it anymore. Stop sign violations are the second most common traffic offense (speeding being first). Its almost as bad as running a red light. Stop signs are there for a reason, and if you run one, you could possibly KILL somebody. The more tickets you get for running a stop sign, the more likely you are to actually stop the next time you come across one, even if its just to avoid a ticket.

That's how it keeps your community safer.

[QUOTE=rhythm]Not that I am going to agree with either view point. I cant be bothered with the aggro, but why is this thread in a guitar forum? :confused:

It's in Open Discussion