View post (fun with tickets!)

View thread

dvenetian
dvenetian
08/03/2007 5:13 am
I agree with you that with so many laws, some are bound to be broken by multitudes. Most that are broken relate to misdemeanors compared to felonies because the lesser usually only results in the possible loss in privileges, where a felony constitutes the loss of Civil Rights.....
A high percentage of the general population break some kind of law or another. The Bong itself isn't illegal, you could smoke pine needles or whatever from it all day if you wanted to in front of the police station.....But stay there too long and you're busted for loitering.
The key to exercising how you want to live your life is being smart about it. Live like the Fox and not like the Donkey. They aren't called Jackasses for nothing.
Drinking in public is just that, open container, but putting the open container in your vehicle is what I consider a Jackass maneuver (They won't find it or the Bong safely hidden under the seat). The mess just got 10 times worse and now becomes a double-whammy. Oh, look at what else we found.
Most of the younger generation don't have anywhere to go but the street to do their activites because they usually spend what money they do have on the activity and then the fines (or let them go to warrants).
The Fox lives in a nice cozy den of it's own and the Donkey stands out in the rain wondering why it's cold and wet.
Make the mishap a lesson learned not to repeat and it's good that you didn't beat the officer to a pulp. In fact, I would delete that from my post.....
Better Luck next time.