Now the Taliban will pay a price

educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/19/2001 5:35 pm
http://www.petroleum.org/petrokids/petroperbbl.htm

heheheh :D... I love it when i'm sooo right, there's 42 gallons of oil in a barrel (1 gallon is 3.78 liters, so there's 42x 3.78 = 158.76 liters, so for $22 you can get 7.21 liters per buck, where you would get about 2 liters of spring water for a dollar)...

Great reply Rask!
At a time like this we need people who can see and think straight... "free thinkers"

# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/19/2001 7:01 pm
I bet your professors are so proud.

Originally posted by educatedfilm
I love it when i'm sooo right . . .

How can you be right if you don't even know what you're talking about? :p

At the current price, ~$22 a barrel, it's around 52 cents a gallon. As I stated before, I can go down to the supermarket and get a gallon of purified spring water for 25 cents a gallon.

So please stop wasting everyone's time trying to prove your ridiculous metaphor. I said before that the Arab countries have the right to sell their oil for whatever price they see fit, so the issue is our dependence on them. We need to develop our own sources or foster better relations with Mexico and Russia, and we'll be able to tell those middle east bastards where to stick it. Then we'll see how they get along without the west's money.

# 2
Bardsley
Bardsley
10/20/2001 5:04 am
Yeah, ed, much as I agree with a lot of things you have said, I think you may be missing the point by floffing the dead horse of what costs more. I mean, you can pay heaps for a bottle of water in a conveniance store because it has pretty blue plastic, or you can pay nothing for it if you have a rain-water tank, it doesn't really matter anyway. When people start saying things like "I love it when I am sooo ritght, they mgiht be getting a little immature. However, Christoph, don't you think you are being a little callous? If you pick an ordinary person on the street in the middle east, they are just the same as you, possibly with slightly different religous beliefs (though also likely to be remarkably similar), just going about their lives. Do we need to punish them for the government? I thought that was what mr Bin liner did.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 3
blackrose
blackrose
10/20/2001 2:48 pm
Quite often in history the people and the government of nations are very contrasting factions...for example, the aristocrats and serfs during the french revolution, the Taliban and the Afganistan citizens, the government of Pakistan (which supports us) and the Pakistanian people (which hold flag burning rallies every few days).
# 4
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/20/2001 3:06 pm
I was only being imature cos i though this threat was getting a little heavey...
"How can you be right if you don't even know what you're talking about? " heheheheh....

"We need to develop our own sources or foster better relations with Mexico and Russia, and we'll be able to tell those middle east bastards where to stick it."
Sick of what? What happened to the us pre the 11th of sept that was due to the middle east (when compared to the michigan millitia's truck bomb)? The two biggest reserves of oil in the world are in Saudi arabia and in the "Lybian desert" (i've never understood why it was called that, considering a fair part of it is in Egypt)... Eventaully you're going to have to come back to these...
We can get on with the middle east, i mean america was looked upto by the arab world (as rask said), so why not make freinds, I have arab friends an they're no different to any one else, they've got the nice reasonable people, the loud mouths, the quite poepl, the agressive, the cowardly, the kind, the funny, I mean the whole spectrum...
# 5
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/23/2001 6:29 pm
Originally posted by Bardsley
Do we need to punish them for the government?

Nobody is 100% innocent, and everyone is at least partially responsible for their government. I'm sure you've heard the old adage - "A people deserve their government."

There are maybe 10,000 Taliban hard-liners, and 50 million Afgans. So few could not have taken over a country without the support of the people, so they are at least partially responsible for everything that has gone on since 1995, including terrorism.
# 6
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/24/2001 8:10 pm
by that logic... the afagans are apartly responsible for the death of 6000 poeple (allegedly)... and the american poeple are partly responsible for the death of 1.5 million iraqi's alone..
You can't blame poeple for thier government... it only takes a few to take power...
# 7
markanewguitarist
markanewguitarist
10/24/2001 9:19 pm
Being a member of Her majesties Royal Marines UK I am not bullet proof and neither is my guitar however i may end up fighting somebody elses war. Which I am not bothered about just glad to help. **** happens. In my oppinion they deserve every bomb and bullet which they are recieving. However fighting for piece is like ****ing for virginity. Religion should be banned. it is the start of all problems. i dont go to church i would rather play my guitar or go fishing. anyway thats enough drivvle from me.
PS if anyone wants to send me a virus dig out i may not be bullet proof but i am virus proof. there is a joke there somwhere. All the best to you all Mark
# 8
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/24/2001 11:11 pm
and the american poeple are partly responsible for the death of 1.5 million iraqi's alone..

The only people responsible for the 1.5 million dead Iraqis are Iraqis, and their glorious leader, Saddam. They brought this whole thing on themselves by invading Kuwait. If you want to survive as a nation these days, you need to get out and play ball in the international community, or you'll end up a UN charity case.
# 9
Bardsley
Bardsley
10/25/2001 3:52 am
So, Iraqis are responsible for the deaths of their own civilians, because of angering the US? And the US aren't responsible for the deaths of their civilians because they angered people from afghanistan? So where it is unfair to suggest that America can be blamed for the thousands of deaths from the world trade center bombings, it is perfectly reasonable to blame Iraq for US bombs? Am I being stupid to see a US favoured inconsistency here?
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 10
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/25/2001 10:12 pm
I couldn't have put it better my self... great reply man...

Anyway, something which is rarely mentioned... how many of you know why the gulf war started? I'll tell you, fell free to double check this... Basically Kuwait promised iraq oil fields if they won the war against iran... Kuwait went back on it's word, and suddam tried to take what he was owed by force...

"Religion should be banned. it is the start of all problems. "
Our old freinds the communist in the former USSR tried this...
# 11
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/25/2001 11:04 pm
So, Iraqis are responsible for the deaths of their own civilians, because of angering the US?

Don't you people ever get tired of hating America and the freedoms that you enjoy because of her? If it wasn't for America you would be speaking Japanese, and Ed would be speaking German right now.

Everybody always wants the good without the bad. You want America to be the world's personal policeman and to help everyone out, but you cry foul whenever anything goes wrong and immediately make it out to be our fault.

As Mark said, sh*t happens! Can't you get that through your head? We try to help people out, and we always end up getting it thown back in our face. Maybe it's time for true Machivellian politics to take over. We can just let the rest of the world go into the crapper and then take what we want through military force and no compensation whatsoever.
# 12
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
10/26/2001 1:49 am
Take a break, folks. Watch a cartoon...

http://www.madblast.com/oska/humor_bin.swf

Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/26/2001 2:42 am
Christoph: You're trying to make a very absurd argument. Black and white doesn't exist, it's all shades of grey. Cliche, but true.

Lord: that animation rules!
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 14
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/26/2001 3:55 am
It's no more absurd than what everyone else is saying.

Lordatthestrings: I saw that last week at work as it was making its way around the office email. Funny stuff. I was going to post a link to it, but you beat me.

[Edited by Christoph on 10-26-2001 at 12:03 AM]
# 15
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/26/2001 3:30 pm
eh? when america does something wrong we're just expected to keep quite, and just carry on? I'm sorry some of us feel guilty if we do nothing to help those worse off than us, wether they're in this country or not...
# 16
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/26/2001 10:23 pm
Originally posted by Christoph
It's no more absurd than what everyone else is saying.

How? You're trying to say what goes for Americans doesn't go for the rest of the world's people. I don't know about you, but that's pretty bogus in my perception of ethics.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

# 17
MorseRulez
MorseRulez
10/27/2001 12:29 am
Originally posted by Christoph
So, Iraqis are responsible for the deaths of their own civilians, because of angering the US?

Don't you people ever get tired of hating America and the freedoms that you enjoy because of her? If it wasn't for America you would be speaking Japanese, and Ed would be speaking German right now.

Everybody always wants the good without the bad. You want America to be the world's personal policeman and to help everyone out, but you cry foul whenever anything goes wrong and immediately make it out to be our fault.

As Mark said, sh*t happens! Can't you get that through your head? We try to help people out, and we always end up getting it thown back in our face. Maybe it's time for true Machivellian politics to take over. We can just let the rest of the world go into the crapper and then take what we want through military force and no compensation whatsoever.

oh yeah! here lately i been thinking, why don't we just say, "hey, if all you countries hate us so damn bad, we'll leave you be. and when your ass is being kicked by another country, don't come whining to us. we're evil, we're bad! you don't need us devils." sorry, just tired of all the sh*t. it reminds me of being married again! conflict after conflict! lets just divorce ourselves from the "spouses" who hate us.
# 18
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
10/27/2001 3:02 pm
eh? when america does something wrong we're just expected to keep quite, and just carry on? I'm sorry some of us feel guilty if we do nothing to help those worse off than us, wether they're in this country or not...

Educatedfilm-Ali (Blank)
How can you say anything about America?
Your Scared to even tell your real name on here?
I have a real name and everybody else has, so whats,
your problem.Unless you think everybody is going,
to think you RIDE A CAMEL?Which really i' would'nt,
care if you did i have nothing against camel rider's.
I know your real name because it was in your e-mail,
to me.
Hey i don't care if you was born in the middle east,
or where ever you was born.
It would'nt matter to me i have nothing against People,
of any country.So whats your problem with useing your real,
name do you hate it or what?
No-body on here is going to respect you less or really,
care if your a German or an Arab ect.
Unless you are a secret agent <-ect haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Your all just guitar player's to me......

Mark
P:S Come on ED tell it i'll support you from what ever,
country your from because i'm a Red White Black and Blue, American.........Peace Brother
I've alwasy have liked the song AHAB THE ARAB,
by Ray Stevens (Really) Peace Ed

yours truly Mark Toman
# 19
blackrose
blackrose
10/27/2001 6:05 pm
Thats one thing ive noticed about this forum...no matter how off the subject of guitars it gets someone always has the decency to remind us all of who we are.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.