Now the Taliban will pay a price

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
10/31/2001 2:23 am
A few hundred to a couple of thousand people protesting in a city of millions = popular sentiment?

C'mon.

And the message those protesters are generally trying to make is being overlooked: They're not protesting America or Americans, but US Policy. One seven foot tall, obviously American NPR reporter commented on walking around in the protests: Warm handshakes and greetings from people holding "DEATH TO AMERICA" signs.

What we do face is a small group of people who've allowed their hate to foam over and give them the imagined moral authority to kill. It's not the first time in history it's happened, and it won't be the last.

We have to realize that we're fighting a war of perception as much as anything. People are quick to forget that one of President Bush's top advisors is Afghani by birth. Much of our new policy towards Afghanistan is based on papers he's written and coures of action he's endorsed for years. Along the same lines, it should be pointed out that in Kosovo we stepped in to protect Muslims. Yet, if the vast majority of the world can't look at our actions and say "yes, that's justifiable" then we're wasting our time. We're also wasting our time if we don't take a good hard look at our foregn policy. People talk about isolationism too, but those of us who payed attention in American History remember that didn't work either.

Israel? Well, here's my solution, but nobody will go for it... it's too simple. Israelistine. It's a shame that people allow the actions of men who died hundreds and thousands of years ago to justify attrosites today. This goes for both sides. I will now partake in a rare (for me anyway) Pantera quote:

From No Good (Attack the Radical)

"Live in the past
We make it last"

(and now the chorus)

"So low behold my eyes,
this land of fools will rise
You're no good, for no one"

Sure, the song is about racism in the US, but it's theme applies here: Extreamists polarize issues and resist compromise, thereby destroying the fruits of compromise for everybody else.

As far as oil is concerned, the sooner we move away from it, the better for all... outside of the oil business.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
10/31/2001 4:55 am
I wasn't going to participate in this insane thread anymore, but now that Skee has opened up his can of whoop-ass, I just have to say something. "You rule, dude!"

Here's an interesting fact which you may not know (educatedfilm will of course dismiss it as nonsense) - ever since the US strikes began in Afganistan, moslems from all around the world have been flocking to the Taliban, trying to get into the country to help fight the holy war against America. They've been coming from Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, and even Great Britan. There were so many people leaving from Yemen that the government had to set up military checkpoints to stop the flow of people.

So they want a piece of this?? Blast them all to hell!!

Viva America.

Viva Israel.

Viva la libertad!
# 2
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
10/31/2001 7:37 am
Way to go Chris
Thats what i heard also and it sure as hell was not just a,
few people in the streets doing the celebrating ,
my info did not come from a cnn news media guy it ,
came from somebody that was there after the twin tower's,
crash's. And the whole dam city had cook outs that nite,
celebrating the death's at ground zero.
One dam thing i'm glad of is the Mayor of NYC sure,
told that arab ass-hole with the dark glass's where to,
stick that 10 million where the sun don't shine.

(Get em on the Run) Right now as i'm typing thier,
blowing them away, Death to Ben Target and,
The Taleban.(May he die a thousand death's.

Mark
P:S I forgot to mention my wife works with,
an Afgan that came over here on dope money.
Plus she said your not going to make it out,
of Afgan by selling Rugs.................
And right now the rugs are not selling.
Also i forgot to mention the lady from ,
Afgan works at (Purdue University) with my Wife.
She got out a little after old Ben target ,
started his little go get America Army.
and it cost big bucks to cross 2 countrys ,
just to get out of there if you don;t get,
killed trying to get out of there.
Chris talking about whoop ass i do like the great,
Roy D Mercer the great whoop ass phone caller,
from oklahoma thats were i learned Guitar from,
the Okies they had some great guitar players out,
there in the the early 60s around the pan-handle.

[Edited by skee1 on 10-31-2001 at 02:59 AM]
yours truly Mark Toman
# 3
Zeppelin
Zeppelin
10/31/2001 1:13 pm
Ed: about those israels that didnt show up at their work on that day:
there were israelis in the wtc, some of them called home while they were under the collapsed building
even if the mosad did know about the things that would happen, im pretty sure the FBI and the american intelligence were warned by the it.
"They think im crazy..
but i know better.
It is not I who am crazy.
It is I who am mad.."

ren hoek
# 4
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
10/31/2001 5:25 pm
Hey Guys

What's the meaning of the word Islam?

Man i know but i think my minds going can;t remember!

Mark

yours truly Mark Toman
# 5
blackrose
blackrose
10/31/2001 10:45 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov

"Live in the past
We make it last"

fight the future.
# 6
educatedfilm
educatedfilm
10/31/2001 11:10 pm
... right take a deep breath, and slow down poeple, I'm getting swarmed:
1- "... I think what the egyptain media is saying is what a lot of popele on the net are saying is that it was a bit suspicious that 400 jews (or whatever it was) didn't turn upto work, and that somebody rang up the Israelis and give a warning 2 hours before hand, and as far as i know both are true but they dont really mean anything.... "
We've got our wires crossed here....I'm not implying that jews are somehow part of a consperisy, and i honestly didn't think that mossad even knew about it, I mean there's an absoloutly rediculous number of phone calls made clamming to be "warnings", infact i said that these facts dont really mean anything on thier own, and i'm showing you how taking selected facts should really constitute lying... both sides of the media are guilty of it...
2-"Another thing thing the Talaban don't fight like,
an Army because they don't have an army they fight like,
street gangs they hide behind house's and in allys ,
plus hide behind women and children in the dark and fight like the cowards they are."
SKee1 there's a name for fighting like this... It's called guerilla warefare, and they fight like this because they've only got the left over weapons from the russians...There is an embarassing asymetry between the two sides... and have a look at the reports of the first "meetins" with the talaban soldiers... thos crazy mothers fought back like maniacs..
You can call them barbarains, butchers, murderers etc, but i dont think that someone who fights with the porpouse of dying a coward... oh yeah the afagans aren't arabs, so please stop calling them that... the only reason i say this, is because the word arab has almost become a swear word used on the enemy...
3- "Look at many arab nations though, which look upon their people as cannon fodder."
name one arab country with a democratically elect government!!!... This is the reason why arabs are complaining of their own leaders and governments..
4- Flag burning is now assocaited with arabs, even though you see and know full well that it's happening if pakistan, and at the start in Indonesia .. the pakistani's aren't arabs, they speak a different langauge (URDU) and have a very different culture... The indonesians are not arabs either...
5- The definition of a muslim is someone who belives in one god, and gives thier purpouse to god... which basically means you go about you're daily life as normal, but you dont put in any other gods or give god kids... This actaully means that Jews are muslim too, but this definition is pretty loose, the modern muslim is basically some one who belives in god (traditionally called Allah, which is just the arab word for god), takes the koran to be the word of god, prays five times a day etc etc... But i think the main point is that you say, fully believing, "there is only one god, and mohammed is his prophet", and then you just take bath, which is kinda like being baptised, but you do it yer sel'. Voila! One instant muslim...
6-" They are very buddy-buddy with us, and love to be friends with us in the international media, but their media back home decries us as the worst scum on the Earth.
Muslim nations have a really bad habit of doing this. Iran, Egypt, Kuwait, Yemen, and every other nation in that region all do it"
EXACTLY!!! I've said this before... The saudis are nice to the US cos they basically have a pact where if the royal family is overthrown by thier suppressed masses they're put back in power by the US military. THIS IS OFFICAIL... why do you think the US get's oil cheap... Me and chritoph have already discussed this...
7-"But for some reason, it seems much of the arab world views a step forward as a step away from God, and a slap to the face of their religion. "
Eh? what are you talking about? Look at Libyia, during the oil boom during the seventies, they grabbed the first chance to "modernise", and have a look at Omman... Infact where do you think the steroetype of the rich arab sheik driving BMWs (or any other fast german cars) comes from?
They do worry about "western" morals though... things like premarital Se x, teenage pregnances, the selfishness of "individuality", the "death" of the family etc etc etc... which is kinda fair...
8- Again agree with Raskilnikov... in fact pretty much with everything... The messages are English (instead of the local language) for a reason, they're orchastraited for the media, and they're lapping it up...
Sorry to make such a lengthy reply, but I'm having to reply to so many replys...
For the record I look like a really big tough bouncer... but far away....... I also wear sixties style librarains glasses, and I'm 80kilos (about 160 pounds)...
why did i start this? oh well...
# 7
skee1
High Bandwidth
skee1
High Bandwidth
11/01/2001 2:47 pm
Yo ED

I know about the Aafgans being Aafgans!
The arabs i was talking about were (Ben boy and the,
Saudies he has with him.....................
And i do know about the left over tanks thier useing.
Anyway this dabate i think should quit and really thats,
all it was a debate!
I was just venting.
I'll talk with you on some other subject mainly guitar's!
This is my last post on this subject.

Peace Mark
Cya later

yours truly Mark Toman
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.