ps3 vs wii

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/19/2006 4:37 am
quite possibly unsafe for work depending on how strict your workplace is...it's safe enough to be on G4 tv...for those of you who have cable. if a girl in shorts and a bikini top is too over the top for your place of work, steer clear till you're at home or out of school.

ps3 vs wii
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 1
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/19/2006 1:13 pm
It's a shame the Wii's gonna suck like Nintendo's last two systems. I mean, regardless of the fact that it's MASSIVELY underpowered compared to the Xbox360 and the PS3, Nintendo is notorious for pushing titles back (see: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) and having either EXTREMELY limited choices on release (see: Mario64 or Pilotwings64) or basically never putting out any new games (see: Gamecube). I hope the Wii will be good...
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 2
acapella
acapella
09/19/2006 3:35 pm
I hate video games for the most part, because they are stupid and a waste of time. Since the only games that I don't hate are the old 2-D Mario games, and all Zelda games in existense, I vote for the new Nintendo Whatzitsnuttz.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/19/2006 5:21 pm
The Wi will be great for kids who want their first system or are too young for the mature ratings for 360 and Ps3 games. It will also win in the price and size (for the Japanese) factor.

I don't think it should be in place of the Ps3 or 360, I think it should be an addition. When I had my regular Xbox I got a Gamecube just for the Mario games (which I think the 64 had better ones none the less.) I will most likely do the same since the Wii won't be as expensive like its previous consoles.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/19/2006 7:33 pm
The reason Gamecube didn't have alot of the same games as xbox or ps2 was because some of the software companies didn't wanna mess with the minidisc. The wii will have standard discs allowing them to have alot of the same games as ps3 and 360. there are always exclusives but still you can't play Mario games on 360 and anyone who has played mario baseball or superstrikers will tell you its worth it. The only blood and guts games I like are Resident Evil anyways and nintendo has that. The mario Party games for wii with the action controller shoild be awesome. I dont see much change in the 360 or ps3 except graphics. At least Nintendo is pioneering change in the way games are played. Plus all the classics will be downloadable. Wireless connect to the net and Nintendo DS. I can't see why people would go with something overpriced over something that gets the job done better.

All just a loyal nintendo guys opinion. :D
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
09/19/2006 8:37 pm
I've got an Xbox 360 and love it....It did die on me though after about 2 months of owning it. I called customer support and they sent me a box to send it back to them. Got a new one back in less than 2 weeks. They were quick about replacing it which surprised me......

I have a HD tv so I can take advantage of the HD output of the 360. Makes a world of difference.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 6
pizzicatopicker
pizzicatopicker
09/19/2006 8:45 pm
whee for the Wii
# 7
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/20/2006 2:56 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonIt's a shame the Wii's gonna suck like Nintendo's last two systems. I mean, regardless of the fact that it's MASSIVELY underpowered compared to the Xbox360 and the PS3, Nintendo is notorious for pushing titles back (see: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) and having either EXTREMELY limited choices on release (see: Mario64 or Pilotwings64) or basically never putting out any new games (see: Gamecube). I hope the Wii will be good...

i'd rather new game play over shiney things. i like the 360...but nothing has really impressed me as far as something screaming "next generation" the closest to that is that you can have a few thousand NPC's on screen in dead rising....but that's about it. nothing really innovative and really no redefinition of any kind....just prettier looking. that's one thing i'm really looking forward to with the wii...the entirely new way of playing the games and what kind of new experiences it'll open up and how much more interactive games'll get with it.

and the release titles slated so far in terms of the wii looks killer....and twilight princess is gonna be released on launch so that should be awesome and i can see why they'd hold it back....they want to beable to release the game in parallel on both systems. i think it's a good move as far as trying to keep the game's content at least semi-consistant between the two.

i'm willing to bet the wii will probably release a lot of new games just because the entirely new interface is pretty refreshing and probably inspiring a lot of programmers.

edit: also, i don't own an HDTV so there really isn't much incentive for the whole hi-def rush and hype that everyone keeps talking about...i'm not gonna dump a few hundred down on one either....i'll just wait until the technology gets more affordable and more reliable (i've heard enough stories about hdtv's failing on various levels).

and plus that, if i wanted pretty graphics and more power, i'd just play games on my PC...which is worlds stronger than the consoles...and i have an xbox360 controller so it's not like i'm stuck using keyboard for games that are better with a controller.
# 8
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/20/2006 3:07 am
Originally Posted by: JFRICKI've got an Xbox 360 and love it....It did die on me though after about 2 months of owning it. I called customer support and they sent me a box to send it back to them. Got a new one back in less than 2 weeks. They were quick about replacing it which surprised me......

I have a HD tv so I can take advantage of the HD output of the 360. Makes a world of difference.

Yea, Microsoft does great with customer support, In my years of owing a regualt Xbox, they fixed it twice, both only took about a week and a half. You have 360 Live by any chance???
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 9
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/20/2006 4:24 am
that's something else that nintendo has over the other consoles....you can buy a first gen console and feel pretty secure that it won't burn up or otherwise die like sony and microsoft's past consoles have.
# 10
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
09/20/2006 4:55 am
Well that I can't agree with. I've had two gamecubes die on me. I have a 4 year old son so I think I know the culprit. They were always cheap enough to replace on my own though.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 11
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/20/2006 5:06 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaWell that I can't agree with. I've had two gamecubes die on me. I have a 4 year old son so I think I know the culprit. They were always cheap enough to replace on my own though.

that's a little different from being a fire hazard like the original xboxes were. :p
# 12
ren
ren
09/20/2006 8:56 am
I hope the Wii is successful. I've had every Nintendo system since the NES, and think their games are way better (as in the whole experience, not just the pretty pictures).

I've also got a 360, and HDTV, but as the others are saying it hasn't impressed me yet. I play StreetFighter II on it more than anything else, and that came out for the Super NES about 15 years ago.... :eek:. I played PGR3 / Call of Duty / Saints Row, but they're not much better than the original xbox counterparts. I play Halo 2 alot, and really won't start ebing excited about the 360 until Halo 3 comes out - at which point there's an open challenge to anyone to come 'ave a go! I'm decent at FPS games...

I think Nintendo are an important part of the games market, kind of the antithesis of Microsoft/Sony's approach... If the games are good, I'll buy a Wii as it looks like more of an 'experience'.

My xbox hasn't exploded, but it's sadly failed to set my gaming world on fire either. Probably a good thing, if the games were as furiously addictive as they used to be, I'd get very little guitar practice in! :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 13
aschleman
aschleman
09/20/2006 11:23 am
The Wii will bomb... PS3 will thrive, despite a lofty price tag.

Nintendo has lost so much of the game market with it's last two systems that it's not very realistic to think that they will out do Microsoft or Sony with the newest system. I will buy a PS3... I've owned every PS system so far and I've never cared for Xbox and its gigantic controllers. Sure, Xbox and Sony haven't changed much.... anything.... with the controls and such (Sony will include a tilt feature on the controllers to allow tilt control for flying games for example)... But they don't have to. Think about it. If Nintendo had one of its systems be a success... they wouldn't have to drastically change it everytime... It's the sheer fact that they haven't had a successful console that they have to drastically change every aspect of their systems. Sony and Microsoft have a formula that will be successful no matter what... it's called consistancy. Nintendo will never be the giant it once was... and the Wii will be just a novelty compared to the PS3... even the Xbox360 is suppose to seem less capable than the PS3...
# 14
ren
ren
09/20/2006 11:36 am
It's about getting the power down. Yeah, the PS3 specs are way higher than the 360 - but at the moment the 360 developers aren't making good use of the hardware. Will Sony's?

I had PS1 & PS2, but went to xbox because of the online element. I'm past the point of being worried about how good a game looks, it's how it plays, and any game played locally has a limited life. If Sony can get online gaming working like Microsoft have, I'll go buy a PS3...

It's important that all the companies and/or all their approaches exist for the evolution of the industry...

The DS outsells the PSP - in the UK anyway... It's not all about raw power

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 15
aschleman
aschleman
09/20/2006 2:08 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspIt's about getting the power down. Yeah, the PS3 specs are way higher than the 360 - but at the moment the 360 developers aren't making good use of the hardware. Will Sony's?

The DS outsells the PSP - in the UK anyway... It's not all about raw power

The reason Sony has pushed the release date of the PS3 back so far is because 1. they didn't want to necessarily compete with Microsoft by releasing their system so closely with the 360... 2. They wanted to insure that there were plenty of quality games that took advantage of the power of the PS3...

The 360 is basically an updated XBox with no changes to the core system besides it's graphic capabilites and the utilization of HD. The PS3 has tried to add some new features...

I've played XBox online and I have PS online... I see no difference other than the amount of people that are online. Computer nerds that sit online and play video games all the time are naturally drawn to the Microsoft products... where as Sony is more for the casual gamer... not the hardcore... play Halo for 7 days straight type players. Nonetheless... the online game is no different on PS other than the amount of players.

The only thing Nintendo has managed to do right is control the handheld system market..... That has been their bread and butter since the original Game Boy.... with the exception of Virtual Boy... the PSP is a different kind of handheld system than the DS though... it's not just for gaming. It sells pretty damn good over here in the states though.
# 16
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/20/2006 3:24 pm
When the first Xbox came out, they weren't able to utilize it either. But they worked throug the years and the graphics and gameplay got better and better. The same thing will happen with the 360, it took off where the Xbox left off, and progressivly, games will have better graphics and gameplay.

Kinda off topic, but Rockstar needs to work on the GTA graphics. The praphics are fine, but in San Andres, they meesed up horribly on the shadows to the point in where you couldn't play the game right cause you coudn't see the road or the player. The visuals for Vice City were pretty good, so far, thats the best one they released. Hopefully they will do better with GTA 4.

Myspace
# 17
ren
ren
09/20/2006 3:35 pm
Originally Posted by: elklanderccHopefully they will do better with GTA 4.

Although I imagine GTA4 will get held up for a PS3 'exclusive' release, so we probably won't see it for ages. Saints Row is a disappointment... Mass murder has never been as much fun as it was in GTA3 IMO.....

# 18
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
jeffhx
Disco Bandit
09/20/2006 3:44 pm
metal gear 4...thats probably the only reason i might be getting the ps3...similar to both earlier playstations..ooh then thers granturismo and gran theft auto...

yep
[FONT=Impact]grooviest tunes ever [/FONT]
# 19
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
09/20/2006 9:51 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspAlthough I imagine GTA4 will get held up for a PS3 'exclusive' release, so we probably won't see it for ages. Saints Row is a disappointment... Mass murder has never been as much fun as it was in GTA3 IMO.....

I think they're shootin for fall of 07 for both systems. I'd have to check to confirm though.

Myspace
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.