View post (ps3 vs wii)

View thread

ren
ren
09/20/2006 8:56 am
I hope the Wii is successful. I've had every Nintendo system since the NES, and think their games are way better (as in the whole experience, not just the pretty pictures).

I've also got a 360, and HDTV, but as the others are saying it hasn't impressed me yet. I play StreetFighter II on it more than anything else, and that came out for the Super NES about 15 years ago.... :eek:. I played PGR3 / Call of Duty / Saints Row, but they're not much better than the original xbox counterparts. I play Halo 2 alot, and really won't start ebing excited about the 360 until Halo 3 comes out - at which point there's an open challenge to anyone to come 'ave a go! I'm decent at FPS games...

I think Nintendo are an important part of the games market, kind of the antithesis of Microsoft/Sony's approach... If the games are good, I'll buy a Wii as it looks like more of an 'experience'.

My xbox hasn't exploded, but it's sadly failed to set my gaming world on fire either. Probably a good thing, if the games were as furiously addictive as they used to be, I'd get very little guitar practice in! :D

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com