View post (ps3 vs wii)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
09/20/2006 2:56 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonIt's a shame the Wii's gonna suck like Nintendo's last two systems. I mean, regardless of the fact that it's MASSIVELY underpowered compared to the Xbox360 and the PS3, Nintendo is notorious for pushing titles back (see: The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) and having either EXTREMELY limited choices on release (see: Mario64 or Pilotwings64) or basically never putting out any new games (see: Gamecube). I hope the Wii will be good...

i'd rather new game play over shiney things. i like the 360...but nothing has really impressed me as far as something screaming "next generation" the closest to that is that you can have a few thousand NPC's on screen in dead rising....but that's about it. nothing really innovative and really no redefinition of any kind....just prettier looking. that's one thing i'm really looking forward to with the wii...the entirely new way of playing the games and what kind of new experiences it'll open up and how much more interactive games'll get with it.

and the release titles slated so far in terms of the wii looks killer....and twilight princess is gonna be released on launch so that should be awesome and i can see why they'd hold it back....they want to beable to release the game in parallel on both systems. i think it's a good move as far as trying to keep the game's content at least semi-consistant between the two.

i'm willing to bet the wii will probably release a lot of new games just because the entirely new interface is pretty refreshing and probably inspiring a lot of programmers.

edit: also, i don't own an HDTV so there really isn't much incentive for the whole hi-def rush and hype that everyone keeps talking about...i'm not gonna dump a few hundred down on one either....i'll just wait until the technology gets more affordable and more reliable (i've heard enough stories about hdtv's failing on various levels).

and plus that, if i wanted pretty graphics and more power, i'd just play games on my PC...which is worlds stronger than the consoles...and i have an xbox360 controller so it's not like i'm stuck using keyboard for games that are better with a controller.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.