View post (ps3 vs wii)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
09/20/2006 2:08 pm
Originally Posted by: zreynoldspIt's about getting the power down. Yeah, the PS3 specs are way higher than the 360 - but at the moment the 360 developers aren't making good use of the hardware. Will Sony's?

The DS outsells the PSP - in the UK anyway... It's not all about raw power

The reason Sony has pushed the release date of the PS3 back so far is because 1. they didn't want to necessarily compete with Microsoft by releasing their system so closely with the 360... 2. They wanted to insure that there were plenty of quality games that took advantage of the power of the PS3...

The 360 is basically an updated XBox with no changes to the core system besides it's graphic capabilites and the utilization of HD. The PS3 has tried to add some new features...

I've played XBox online and I have PS online... I see no difference other than the amount of people that are online. Computer nerds that sit online and play video games all the time are naturally drawn to the Microsoft products... where as Sony is more for the casual gamer... not the hardcore... play Halo for 7 days straight type players. Nonetheless... the online game is no different on PS other than the amount of players.

The only thing Nintendo has managed to do right is control the handheld system market..... That has been their bread and butter since the original Game Boy.... with the exception of Virtual Boy... the PSP is a different kind of handheld system than the DS though... it's not just for gaming. It sells pretty damn good over here in the states though.