does anybody care?

jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/07/2006 5:19 am
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeIt truly IS Hell!!!

Actually, I think Iron Maiden should go to heaven for immeasurable services to culture - but I don't think God would be too happy about hearing "666, The Number of the Beast!" being sung at the Pearly Gates...
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 1
acapella
acapella
03/07/2006 5:26 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusActually, I think Iron Maiden should go to heaven for immeasurable services to culture - but I don't think God would be too happy about hearing "666, The Number of the Beast!" being sung at the Pearly Gates...

I didn't realize you could get into Heaven for writing popular metal songs. I heard a rumor that you can get into Hell for writing house music though.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 2
stackny
stackny
03/07/2006 5:33 am
Maiden have some really cool lyrics and actually use a lot of Biblical references. Not saying theyre even close to Christian, just enjoy listening to what Bruce has to say. Probably my favorite band of all time. Playing Revelations as I type this. :cool:
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 3
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/07/2006 5:38 am
yeah, hell will probably just be a giant metal concert, except, you're already dead, so when you get trampled in the mosh pit, you just get back up and keep partying..

I mean seriously, if God rewards people for worshipping him, why wouldn't the devil do the same.

btw, I have read every reply up to this point. so you know at least I'm reading it.

and thanks to jasmina.. maybe I do just need to get laid ;) probably actually...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 4
acapella
acapella
03/07/2006 5:48 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI mean seriously, if God rewards people for worshipping him, why wouldn't the devil do the same.

Probably because, um...HE'S THE DEVIL!!!!
# 5
stackny
stackny
03/07/2006 5:58 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrs

I mean seriously, if God rewards people for worshipping him, why wouldn't the devil do the same.

When you are deceived and choose to follow the devil as opposed to following God, do you think this means he likes you? He's fully aware that you will eventually be judged upon and end up in hell for eternity. Is that something your pal would do? God created hell, not Satan. Its never been described as something that Satan controls the intensity of, but only as the lake of fire and other descriptive terms, that make it sound like its not a very happy place. This is all in Satans work and his quest to overthrow God. There isnt gonna be any Maiden concert and you arent gonna meet up with your friends there.
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/07/2006 6:29 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyThere isnt gonna be any Maiden concert and you arent gonna meet up with your friends there.

Drat! We'll just have to settle for Black Sabbath.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/07/2006 7:12 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyWhen you are deceived and choose to follow the devil as opposed to following God, do you think this means he likes you? He's fully aware that you will eventually be judged upon and end up in hell for eternity. Is that something your pal would do? God created hell, not Satan. Its never been described as something that Satan controls the intensity of, but only as the lake of fire and other descriptive terms, that make it sound like its not a very happy place. This is all in Satans work and his quest to overthrow God. There isnt gonna be any Maiden concert and you arent gonna meet up with your friends there.

maybe I should mention I wasn't exactly serious when I said that.
my spyspace
# 8
stackny
stackny
03/07/2006 3:35 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsmaybe I should mention I wasn't exactly serious when I said that.

Ok, good. Didnt know if you we're still on the whole kick that this was just a competition between God and Satan.
# 9
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/07/2006 4:30 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusNo, Eric, perhaps you're right. I am by no means the most devout of Christians - I was an atheist until fairly recently - so perhaps I still do have some doubts about my faith. Even so, I don't think being a faithful Christian means you cannot respect the devotion of others to their respective religions as sacred.

I agree with what you say. In fact thats the point I was trying to get across.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 10
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
iamthe_eggman
Grizzled Spellchecker
03/07/2006 5:55 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI once read this Paul McCartney interview where he said that "God" is just "Good" minus a letter, and "Devil" is just "Evil" plus a letter.

Paul McCartney is retarded. That only works in English.
... and that's all I have to say about that.

[U]ALL[/U] generalizations are [U]WRONG[/U]

[/sarcasm]
# 11
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/07/2006 6:44 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyOk, good. Didnt know if you we're still on the whole kick that this was just a competition between God and Satan.

I honestly don't believe in either of them.. therefore I don't believe it's a competition between them. I believe that if god were real, that he is a jerk and he DOES compete with satan. just look at the story of job. seriously, satan made a bet with god that job would forsake god if there was some trouble in his life. god knew that job wouldn't renounce him.. but he let satan make his life a living hell anyway. what kind of caring god does something to "test" you, when he knows that you'll pass anyway, but he does the test anyway to make your life miserable?
my spyspace
# 12
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
03/07/2006 8:01 pm
I was gonna reply but I won't be around enough to argue with anyone. Oh well.
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 13
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/07/2006 8:05 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyI agree with what you say. In fact thats the point I was trying to get across.

Oops! I'm sorry! :o

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 14
acapella
acapella
03/07/2006 8:11 pm
Originally Posted by: magicninjaI was gonna reply but I won't be around enough to argue with anyone. Oh well.

Don't bother, man. It's no argument, just a pissing contest.
# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/07/2006 8:20 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusOops! I'm sorry! :o

No worries my friend.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 16
stackny
stackny
03/07/2006 9:05 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsI honestly don't believe in either of them.. therefore I don't believe it's a competition between them. I believe that if god were real, that he is a jerk and he DOES compete with satan. just look at the story of job. seriously, satan made a bet with god that job would forsake god if there was some trouble in his life. god knew that job wouldn't renounce him.. but he let satan make his life a living hell anyway. what kind of caring god does something to "test" you, when he knows that you'll pass anyway, but he does the test anyway to make your life miserable?

You know, Ive struggled with the same things you struggle with. "If God is such a good god, then why does he do such and such?" Trust me, the thoughts have crossed my mind too. Why did he put us here in the first place? Why did he create hell, if he knew some would end up there? Theres so many whys, and to be honest I cant answer, and nobody can. All I know is, if you follow him and do not renounce his name, hes going to make it worth your while. Are you going to have a bitter attitude towards him because of these whys that we cant answer? Im not gonna, because though we cant answer them, hes still given us the freedom of choice to either follow him or be bitter against him. Why did he send his son die on the cross for us? I dont know, but Im gonna be thankful for that, and everything else he has given me.
# 17
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
03/07/2006 9:10 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyYou know, Ive struggled with the same things you struggle with. "If God is such a good god, then why does he do such and such?" Trust me, the thoughts have crossed my mind too. Why did he put us here in the first place? Why did he create hell, if he knew some would end up there? Theres so many whys, and to be honest I cant answer, and nobody can. All I know is, if you follow him and do not renounce his name, hes going to make it worth your while. Are you going to have a bitter attitude towards him because of these whys that we cant answer? Im not gonna, because though we cant answer them, hes still given us the freedom of choice to either follow him or be bitter against him. Why did he send his son die on the cross for us? I dont know, but Im gonna be thankful for that, and everything else he has given me.

Let's have +2 rep for Stackny!

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 18
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 9:49 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsThat's the basis of agnostism. The understanding that no one knows for sure. It's all faith, actual knowledge is a whole different story. You can be a Christian-agnostic, provided you undestand that you're working off of faith rather than fact. And that's not really a bad thing, if you ask me.

Tell you what fellas, whatever your thoughts, or the outcome of this debate, I gotta say, you do get a better class of guitarist in here. It's a while since I had to run to the dictionary! :)
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 19
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/08/2006 9:51 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyAnd that is where we differ and the point Ive been trying to get across this whole time. I dont doubt my faith. Why would I? Why would you follow a religion and worship a god that you thought might not exist? Thats crazy and pointless. Do you or do you not see where Im coming from?

I always said that praying is the same as wishing, except you think you stand a better chance of it coming true if you involve 'God'.
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.