does anybody care?

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/08/2006 7:24 pm
you don't know why God created hell? you don't know why he does all this crap? but you follow him anyway?

"Hey, Hitler got us out of debt."
"Yeah, hey, why did he invade Poland though?"
"I don't know, but I'm going to follow him anyway"

Seriously? You are seriously going to overlook all the bad **** god has done and follow him anyway, because he makes promises that you can live forever, so you don't care? I mean, the devil makes all kinds of promises too, so why don't you overlook the bad **** he's done and follow him instead?
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
03/08/2006 7:41 pm
Hm... not to go into some Hollywood style monologue or anything...

People follow the word of God because of hope... the hope to live for something better. The thought of living a life that will earn you a place in your own paradise... Thats why people follow...

Do I believe Gods hand is in everything that we do... No... I personally believe the image of "God" or Jesus were created as a model human being... live life as Jesus would... NOT because you fear the wrath of God... to me Jesus is a role model... not an authority figure... and I do what I can to live the way he would... I don't believe in life after death... heaven or hell... I just try to live a life worthy of a place in heaven... if I'm wrong after I die... haha.

But you can't compare the followers of Jesus Christ to the followers of Adolf Hitler... Jesus has never stood on a podium and fed lies to millions of human beings... nor did Jesus ever committ genocide... but I can see what you're saying about the whole... why does he let it all happen... and if you read the Bible... believe it or not... it says why... a lot of people don't realize that.
# 2
stackny
stackny
03/08/2006 7:42 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyou don't know why God created hell? you don't know why he does all this crap? but you follow him anyway?

Seriously? You are seriously going to overlook all the bad **** god has done and follow him anyway, because he makes promises that you can live forever, so you don't care? I mean, the devil makes all kinds of promises too, so why don't you overlook the bad **** he's done and follow him instead?

All of this "bad ****" wasnt caused by God. Hell was created for the Devil and all of those that choose to follow him or deny God ends up there. The world is the way it is today because of the curse that Adam put onto man because he disobeyed God. We disobey God because of the temptations and deception that Satan is constantly bombarding us with. And why is Satan so against God? Because hes greedy and wanted to BE God.

Youre gonna compare God to someone like Hitler? Big difference there pal. God doesnt send innocent people to hell, while Hitler murdered millions of innocent Jews.

The question is: why do we or anything exist in the first place? For God's pleasure I guess, and hes given us the choice of different paths to take that will ultimately determine where we spend our eternity.

You can be bitter and keep questioning his motive, but youre gonna end up doing so while burning for eternity. The choice is yours.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 3
acapella
acapella
03/08/2006 8:14 pm
Man, that God is great.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/08/2006 8:28 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyAll of this "bad ****" wasnt caused by God. Hell was created for the Devil and all of those that choose to follow him or deny God ends up there. The world is the way it is today because of the curse that Adam put onto man because he disobeyed God. We disobey God because of the temptations and deception that Satan is constantly bombarding us with. And why is Satan so against God? Because hes greedy and wanted to BE God.

Youre gonna compare God to someone like Hitler? Big difference there pal. God doesnt send innocent people to hell, while Hitler murdered millions of innocent Jews.

The question is: why do we or anything exist in the first place? For God's pleasure I guess, and hes given us the choice of different paths to take that will ultimately determine where we spend our eternity.

You can be bitter and keep questioning his motive, but youre gonna end up doing so while burning for eternity. The choice is yours.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=stackny]
Anyways, Im gonna withdraw from this debate

???
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
03/08/2006 8:33 pm
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsyou don't know why God created hell? you don't know why he does all this crap? but you follow him anyway?

You have a serious problem with blaming God for everything. I also find it kind of comical your weasly repeated attempts to lour everyone here away from their faith. Just a thought.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 6
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/08/2006 8:40 pm
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyYou have a serious problem with blaming God for everything. I also find it kind of comical your weasly repeated attempts to lour everyone here away from their faith. Just a thought.

I don't think he's trying to lure anyone away from anything. I think he's just speaking his mind. Givin' you some food for thought.
# 7
stackny
stackny
03/08/2006 8:48 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions???

I lied.......
# 8
earthman buck
earthman buck
03/08/2006 8:50 pm
Well, there you have it. All Christians are liars. :p
# 9
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/09/2006 12:40 am
Originally Posted by: stacknyThe question is: why do we or anything exist in the first place? For God's pleasure I guess...

for god's pleasure? so, now here's the thing. God created people, knowing that they would disobey him, and that he would send them to hell. all for his pleasure. I mean, he could have just not brought them into existence at all, then they wouldn't have to burn in hell for eternity. sounds like a great guy!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 10
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 1:24 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrsfor god's pleasure? so, now here's the thing. God created people, knowing that they would disobey him, and that he would send them to hell. all for his pleasure. I mean, he could have just not brought them into existence at all, then they wouldn't have to burn in hell for eternity. sounds like a great guy!

Yeah, forget the fact that he gave us the gift of life, sent his son to die on the cross for us, and the choice of where we would rather spend our eternity. The fact that if we're foolish enough not to follow him and spend our eternity in hell by our own choice totally outweighs everything else he has given us. Terrible guy...

So 6strngs, Im curious. Why do you think we're here and how do you think we got here, now that youre such a hardcore Atheist and all?
# 11
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
03/09/2006 3:06 am
I like God, I understand him , if people don't want to follow fine, we tried.

"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 12
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 3:50 am

Hey, Now I am a strong beliveing Christian, But I don't Believe in using the GT forum to debate Religion(Please people take it somewhere else :mad: )

Anyway I'm not trying to preach to you, But I'll Enclose an Interesting E-Mail I recieved recently.

Here it is Unedited and Completly the Way I received it.

Subject: Never Doubt the Word of God

Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting, read until the end...

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON: Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
During a show in CanecĆ£o ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC: After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is a preacher and Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus" A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT: The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, wow the highway to hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005 In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU", She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT, COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL . " Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.

The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!

(Matthew 16:26) What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?-Jesus

[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 13
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 3:55 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16Hey, Now I am a strong beliveing Christian, But I don't Believe in using the GT forum to debate Religion(Please people take it somewhere else

We debate about it because GT is one of the few forums that has given us permission to discuss our views and opinions, provided ti's in a civilized manner.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 14
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 4:01 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWe debate about it because GT is one of the few forums that has given us permission to discuss our views and opinions, provided ti's in a civilized manner.

CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!! :eek:

http://www.debateforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39

WOWIE!!!! :D
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 4:05 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!! :eek:

http://www.debateforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=39

WOWIE!!!! :D

Ok... perhaps I'm the only one that sees the irony. You post a message questioning why we're discussing religion, then you immediately follow up with contributing to the debate? Then when I mention that the rules for the forum permit us to discuss this you direct us a different forum even though you have already contributed to the debate that you apparantly wish to end?

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 4:08 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsOk... perhaps I'm the only one that sees the irony. You post a message questioning why we're discussing religion, then you immediately follow up with contributing to the debate? Then when I mention that the rules for the forum permit us to discuss this you direct us a different forum even though you have already contributed to the debate that you apparantly wish to end?

:D I was being Sarcastic Brother :D

No harm done, I never meant for anybody to go to the other forum, it was meant to be a Joke :rolleyes:
# 17
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 4:11 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsOk... perhaps I'm the only one that sees the irony. You post a message questioning why we're discussing religion, then you immediately follow up with contributing to the debate? Then when I mention that the rules for the forum permit us to discuss this you direct us a different forum even though you have already contributed to the debate that you apparantly wish to end?

There, since you're crying so Much I deleted the Post with the Website on it.
You happy? :cool:
# 18
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 4:13 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16There, since you're crying so Much I deleted the Post with the Website on it.
You happy? :cool:

Rsam, I am liking you more and more. How do you pronounce that anyway? Rsam....
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 19
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 4:14 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16:D I was being Sarcastic Brother :D

No harm done, I never meant for anybody to go to the other forum, it was meant to be a Joke :rolleyes:

Well that's fine, really. I'm sure no one's morally violated because you've suggested a forum. But again, my main question is why you've contributed to a debate that you've expressed lament over. If you don't like the debate, then don't contribute. It's as simple as that. Besides, not contributing would probably be the best way to get this blasted thread to end.

Hulk Smash!!

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.