does anybody care?

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 4:15 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16There, since you're crying so Much I deleted the Post with the Website on it.
You happy? :cool:

Crying so much? Is that more sarcasm? Because I only made one post. If it is sarcasm then it blew way over my head.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 4:15 am
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeRsam, I am liking you more and more. How do you pronounce that anyway? Rsam....

Just Like "Our Sam" :D
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 2
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 4:17 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWell that's fine, really. I'm sure no one's morally violated because you've suggested a forum. But again, my main question is why you've contributed to a debate that you've expressed lament over. If you don't like the debate, then don't contribute. It's as simple as that. Besides, not contributing would probably be the best way to get this blasted thread to end.

:)

Look man it's great that you want to debate and all, But what I'm saying is
When I go to Guitar tricks I want to talk about Guitars and S*** not Politics and Religion. Well That My opinion :) (Not like anybody is going to listen to me anyway. :D )
# 3
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 4:27 am
If youve got a problem with the thread, view it, determine you dont like it, and move on. If no forum rules are being broken then it aint a problem. This site has great mods that keep close tabs on this crap, so let them do their job.

The only people that complain are those that have nothing to contribute. Nobody forces you to click on the thread, so dont.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 4:28 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16:)

Look man it's great that you want to debate and all, But what I'm saying is
When I go to Guitar tricks I want to talk about Guitars and S*** not Politics and Religion. Well That My opinion :) (Not like anybody is going to listen to me anyway. :D )[/QUOTE]
Ok, I understand that. That's a perfectly acceptable view and I can honestly say that I respect your view on that. All I was saying is that so long as the people at GT allow us to express our thoughts we're most likely going to. They've given us permission to do so. To communicate about our lives and let each other into our personalities more rather than just being one-dimensional. Personally I'm grateful to be able to come here knowing I can cover just about anything and not get slapped on the hand for it. We're all different people and we work differently. I like knowing how other people work, so even if I'm not debating, I'm gonna read just because it's something that interests me. I don't want to join 50+ forums so that I can discuss everything on my mind. I see no point in doing so when I have one at my access that I can cover anything I want.

Furthermore, if you really want exclusively guitar related talk on this site then in the future it's probably best for your case to not post something like this.
[QUOTE=Rsam16]Subject: Never Doubt the Word of God

Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting, read until the end...

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): " Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON: Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
"Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
During a show in CanecĆ£o ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC: After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is a preacher and Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus" A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT: The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, wow the highway to hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005 In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU", She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT, COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL . " Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.

The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!

(Matthew 16:26) What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?-Jesus

Do you get the point I'm trying to make?

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Rsam16
Rsam16
03/09/2006 4:45 am
Do you get the point I'm trying to make?

No... :D

Alright Whatever Man....

If it make you happy, then This is the Last Post I will write in [U]THIS[/U] thread. ;)

No More debating for ME!!!!

I am perfectly Content with Disscusing Clapton,Strats, and Hendrix/SRV

So I would like to take this time to Retire from the "Does anybody care" thread.

6strngs_ I hope you find happiness and what you're looking for.

P.S. Cryptic, Don't even bother responding to this Post, Cuz I retired Remember:D
# 6
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 4:48 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16No... :D

Alright Whatever Man....

If it make you happy, then This is the Last Post I will write in [U]THIS[/U] thread. ;)

No More debating for ME!!!!

I am perfectly Content with Disscusing Clapton,Strats, and Hendrix/SRV

So I would like to take this time to Retire from the "Does anybody care" thread.

6strngs_ I hope you find happiness and what you're looking for.

P.S. Cryptic, Don't even bother responding to this Post, Cuz I retired Remember:D

So you wouldn't notice if I danced in arrogant victory because it makes me feel better about all of my insecurities when I feel like I've smashed someone else into the ground even though I probably didn't?

Hulk Smash!!

# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 5:37 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneTell you what, when I drive home tonight, I'll scream "HAIL SATAN!!!" and drive home... if I never post here again you'll know what happened.

Well... it was nice knowing you.

Hulk Smash!!

# 8
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 5:37 am
You make some excellent points. But, hence the pointlesness of this debate, you have done nothing to change any opinions I previously held.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
03/09/2006 5:40 am
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeYou make some excellent points. But, hence the pointlesness of this debate, you have done nothing to change any opinions I previously held.

I always feel like I've been poked when someone says that. I can't vouche for anyone else, but I personally don't even care the slightest bit if someone's opinion changes. If they do, then great. Either I've done my reading or you're easily swayed. Either way, it doesn't change my position any. I just like the idea of challenging what I know and matching it with what someone else knows. It's a big balancing act, see if you can prove your own point without stepping on your own feet. Who cares if someone else changes their opinion?

Hulk Smash!!

# 10
acapella
acapella
03/09/2006 5:45 am
I'm sorry I....poked....you.....
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 11
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 6:08 am
I have a hard time believing God responds to challenges. He does whats in his plan for us, despite what people may say about him. They yelled at Jesus to get down off the cross if he could. He couldve, but thats not what he was there for. I personally wouldnt challenge God, because I know hes obviously capable of turning me into a speck of dust in an instant and because Im a Christian and I wouldnt bad mouth my God, but I dont think he would turn me into a speck of dust. Just another example of his patience and willingness to give us another chance.
# 12
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
03/09/2006 6:27 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16Anyway I'm not trying to preach to you, But I'll Enclose an Interesting E-Mail I recieved recently.

Here it is Unedited and Completly the Way I received it.

ok... that proves nothing! we all die! I could curse god right now, and if I die 60 years from now from cancer, are you going to say that it was because I cursed god that I died? I could die tomorrow in a car accident, doesn't mean I died because I cursed god.

also, I actually consider myself more agnostic then athiest. I don't know, maybe there is a god, but from what I've seen of the god of christianity, it's not the god I want to follow. I am open to other's views and ideas and I always try to have an open mind about things.

so why do I think we are here? who knows? I think we're here to survive, live out each day, enjoy our time here while we can, and hope to make the world a better place, or impact someone else's life in someway. what happens when we die? I only wish I knew 100% one way or the other. If I ever find out, like near death experience and I see jesus or something, I'll let you guys know. but for right now, I just get by and concentrate on my future, perhaps a little too much, as obviously scenarios in my head pop up of my future being as worthless as my present and I don't want to live to the future. But I apparently have gotten over that idea by now, and I'm not going to let my future be like this.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 13
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 12:17 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyGaddy, that was the point I was trying to make in the first place. Did you even read my post?.....I dont know why and nobody does, but we've got the choice to not go to hell.

It would have to be easier to keep an eye on everyone. I'd hate to think there was another camp somewhere going "Gad's a wanker" (which there probably is several in reality!) he never gave us a chance!
Question. At what age is it "too late" to redeem yourself? In your opinion. Cos if you can do it late in life, why not just live at 250mph, then on your deathbed just "know" God will forgive us our sins! And let us in, for a lecture on virtuousity?
[FONT=Garamond]Steve Gad[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 14
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 12:24 pm
Originally Posted by: stacknyNo, I meant, nobody knows the answers to the whys, not I dont know why nobody is reading my posts. Understand? :) That was sort of confusing the way I wrote.

So I guess I didnt actually get served Earthman!!!! :D

For the benefit of the English littering this site, can you define what 'Getting served' means?

[FONT=Tahoma]You may hear me upstairs, stamping my feet and kicking the furniture. That's just me 'warming up!'[/FONT]
# 15
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 12:37 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeYeah...so...guitars huh?

Great aren't they? Cleo, my wife's West Highland terrier just knocked one of my strats flying, and I do mean flying. I thought I'd throw up when the machine heads impacted the bookcase in my den. Its the only solid body not in a case - sods law!
The effin' dog's got the entire house to run around in, and wants to hang out with me all the time. I reckon my German Shepherd, Molly, will kill it soon, she hates her. More so now! You should see her sat eyeing the terrier! I reckon she's worried I'll start taking the Westie on gigs with me, and leave her at home. Not a chance. If you're on the road, and have a fair few guitars on stands lying about, have a German Shepherd sat in the middle of them. Cuts thefts down by 100%.

# 16
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 1:30 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeI have a guitar. It's a Samick. It's red. It has two humbuckers. I play music on it sometimes. Pretty wild huh?

I was looking at one of the Mini Avion's on their site. What are they like?
I was hoping you'd have the one at the top of this page. Check this.

http://www.iwantguitars.com/store/?department=13

Its a piece of work for sure. I wish I'd the guts to go out and get something 'different', and I know that one in the picture wouldn't be 'practical' for road use, but its just a rut you get into, a case of 'knowing where you are' with a strat. I hate Tele's. I sweat buckets and always imagined going up in flames upon touching the metal rotary's. One of our gigs on video sees me approach the mic, then get an almighty jolt in the mouth. That put me right off anything with 'metal' on it. I like Strats for solids and Yamaha for Acoustics, but have also got a Crafter FX550-EQ, cos it feels nice, and sounds ok.

# 17
Gaddy
Gaddy
03/09/2006 2:36 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusI'm done debating religious matters. I have a Studies of Religion assignment due next Thursday - I don't need any more religion than is necessary, at the moment.
See you in the SEX thread! :D

Its fair to say we've pretty much exhausted this topic, and come to no conclusion. Agree to differ, etc.

# 18
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 2:37 pm
Originally Posted by: GaddyIt would have to be easier to keep an eye on everyone. I'd hate to think there was another camp somewhere going "Gad's a wanker" (which there probably is several in reality!) he never gave us a chance!
Question. At what age is it "too late" to redeem yourself? In your opinion. Cos if you can do it late in life, why not just live at 250mph, then on your deathbed just "know" God will forgive us our sins! And let us in, for a lecture on virtuousity?

There is no age that there is a point of no return. Look at guys like Micky Mantle (famous Yankee baseball player) who accepted him on his death bed. I think Mick is in heaven. If you actually believed in God and followed his word, then you just wouldnt live your life at 250mph. You would probably die before you could reach your death bed anyways.
# 19
stackny
stackny
03/09/2006 2:38 pm
Originally Posted by: GaddyFor the benefit of the English littering this site, can you define what 'Getting served' means?

Getting Served aka Smoked, Owned, Schooled..... Just totally shot down in your theories and ideas.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.