Pet Peeves

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/14/2006 7:01 am
Just wanted to start a thread of 'pet peeves' people had dealing with the daily grind of technology....

Like:

Stupid computer reminders that contantly remind you .... 'Are You Sure You Want to......"

Yes!! I"m friggin sure..... !!!!!!!

I woulndn't have pressed the button if I wasn't sure......

Why don't computer manufacturs install an option to get rid of 'Are You Sure' messages???

Like.... I've got a brain of my own.... if I hit a button to do something, I don't want some idiotic reminder asking me if I'm sure I did the right thing..
# 1
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/14/2006 7:06 am
My McAfee security always asks me even with the auto update on if I want to install the updates. Talk about redundant!!
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 1:48 pm
My windows media player no longer streams from the internet and every so often when I'm downloading something off the internet it'll just flat out stop and I'll have to start over which can be a pain in the ass if I"m downloading something big... like, say... a video that I want to watch that wouldn't stream.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
02/14/2006 2:35 pm
I use spreadsheets alot at work and Excel loves dropping leading zeroes when you convert to a .csv file. But I mainly hate Excel for only letting 65536 records ever be in one file. Talk about a limitation.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 4:32 pm
Originally Posted by: schmangeJust wanted to start a thread of 'pet peeves' people had dealing with the daily grind of technology....

Like:

Stupid computer reminders that contantly remind you .... 'Are You Sure You Want to......"

Yes!! I"m friggin sure..... !!!!!!!

I woulndn't have pressed the button if I wasn't sure......

Why don't computer manufacturs install an option to get rid of 'Are You Sure' messages???

Like.... I've got a brain of my own.... if I hit a button to do something, I don't want some idiotic reminder asking me if I'm sure I did the right thing..

So what if you accidentally press the button to do something you don't want? Then wouldn't you want to be warned, and have a chance to back out?

One thing I hate is when your reading something long and the stupid screensaver comes on...I guess I could fix that by turning it off, but it's too much trouble just to turn it off read one thing, then turn it back on, and I always forget anyway.
You go outside and practice screaming. We'll play music while you're gone.
# 5
earthman buck
earthman buck
02/14/2006 4:34 pm
I guess the thing I hate most about technology is its hold on me. I mean, instead of being on a guitar forum all the time, I could actually be playing guitar......
# 6
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 4:36 pm
Originally Posted by: earthman buckI guess the thing I hate most about technology is its hold on me. I mean, instead of being on a guitar forum all the time, I could actually be playing guitar......

Yeah, I could be so much farther in life if I didn't waste it on a computer...like right now, i could be doing my three late assignments in this class. But not a chance.
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 4:43 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeSo what if you accidentally press the button to do something you don't want? Then wouldn't you want to be warned, and have a chance to back out?

One thing I hate is when your reading something long and the stupid screensaver comes on...I guess I could fix that by turning it off, but it's too much trouble just to turn it off read one thing, then turn it back on, and I always forget anyway.

Move the mouse periodically or just lengthen the amount of time until the screen saver comes up.

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 4:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsMove the mouse periodically or just lengthen the amount of time until the screen saver comes up.

Well obviously I know that...but that's the kind of thing you tend to forget when your in the middle of something. You know how annoying little things like that can seem when your in the middle of something...
# 9
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 4:47 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeWell obviously I know that...but that's the kind of thing you tend to forget when your in the middle of something. You know how annoying little things like that can seem when your in the middle of something...

Not really, no. My screen saver takes its sweet time before interupting anything I'm doing.

Hulk Smash!!

# 10
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 4:49 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsNot really, no. My screen saver takes its sweet time before interupting anything I'm doing.

Well we can't ALL be perfect, Cryptic. Only you! *smooch*
# 11
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 4:52 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeWell we can't ALL be perfect, Cryptic. Only you! *smooch*

I hope that kiss was directed towards my feet.

Hulk Smash!!

# 12
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 4:54 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI hope that kiss was directed towards my feet.

Sorry, I do miss from time to time. ;)
# 13
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 5:02 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeSorry, I do miss from time to time. ;)

That's not good enough, peon. Get back to your quarters or you'll be denied your serving of gruel and hardtack.

Hulk Smash!!

# 14
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 5:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsThat's not good enough, peon. Get back to your quarters or you'll be denied your serving of gruel and hardtack.

can i still have my fatback and flapjacks? and obviously that was typo, my name isnt leon. unless, of course, YOU say it is, master!
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 5:20 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemecan i still have my fatback and flapjacks? and obviously that was typo, my name isnt leon. unless, of course, YOU say it is, master!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=peon

Do not question my law again or there will be severe consequences to pay. For that your fatback and flapjacks have been denied.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/14/2006 8:17 pm
Hmm.Pet Peeves..Talking pop-up ads anyone?

SAY SOMETHING!
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 17
acapella
acapella
02/14/2006 8:47 pm
A drudge!? A DRUDGE!?!!? Oh, now your steppin' over a line. I've been called plodder,slog, peon, even slave, but DRUDGE!? Oh, that one stings! All I said was my name isn't Leon,and you have to start calling names?
# 18
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
02/14/2006 8:56 pm
Originally Posted by: acapella rapemeA drudge!? A DRUDGE!?!!? Oh, now your steppin' over a line. I've been called plodder,slog, peon, even slave, but DRUDGE!? Oh, that one stings! All I said was my name isn't Leon,and you have to start calling names?

You allegedly accused me of a typo when, in fact, I intended on calling you a peon. My peons are not granted names like "Leon" or anything of the likes. They are all peons and feed on my sacred gruel and hardtack when I feel like being nice to them.

Hulk Smash!!

# 19
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
02/14/2006 10:29 pm
Well, I've got plenty of pet peeves, I'll just list a few....

*The choice of English or Spanish on an ATM machine (well, everything these days). If you live in the U.S., learn to speak English. That just annoys me and I really don't know why.

*The fact that they put brail on drive through ATM's.

*The sound of someone other than myself brushing their teeth...it's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

*People who drive slow in the fast lane and won't move over. I'd bet this is a pet peeve of 99% of people out there.....the 1% are the ones that won't move over.

I'll leave it at that for now..... :D
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.