Appreciation Thread

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
01/28/2006 1:27 pm
Im just sending out a thread to all those who have helped along the way and are always among the FIRST to answer:

LATS - The wisest and fairest of em all
PRSPLAYA - the southern bella ;)
DR. Simon - take two and call me in the morning

and everyone who has contributed to my questions! thanks you have saved me a crap load of money...or caused me to spend a crap load more ... :confused:

keep on rockin,

feel free anyone to add names and pay tribute to these great guys.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/28/2006 1:35 pm
cheers mate, kind words are always appreciated !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/28/2006 2:19 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simoncheers mate, kind words are always appreciated !

love, happy, great, amazing, phenomenal

^those are some KIND words!
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/28/2006 4:18 pm
Prsplaya recommended the pod to me. I don't know what I'd do without it. Thats a lot man.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 4
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
01/28/2006 5:22 pm
Originally Posted by: Polera... LATS - The wisest and fairest of em all...

Awww gorsh! ~blush~ :o
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 5
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/28/2006 6:02 pm
thanks guys...I know I have gotten my fair share of help from all three of you...(and many others that werent mentioned).

Lets thanks Jolly and Cryptic...for, if nothing else, giving me a good laugh everyday...

and does anyone remember a guy called Josh Redstone? that guy was a harmonics guru...I wanna thank him for helping me nail pinched harmonics about 4 years ago...thanks mate
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 6
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/28/2006 7:36 pm
Let's not forget the main man Jon without whom we'd all have to go to ultimateguitar and get harrassed.

My favorite members and thier use to me in no particular order:

PRS(gear), Lats(gear), Doc(Recording), the omniprecent Ponyone(life mysteries), Jolly(theory master, comedy, songwriting a triple threat), bigbuda(deer jerkey, soundcards, overall coolness), Schmange(awesome lead tactics and strategy) and probably a few who slipped my mind (which is easy when it's greased up).

*standing ovation*
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it fasterā€ - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 7
elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
01/28/2006 7:45 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaLets thanks Jolly and Cryptic...for, if nothing else, giving me a good laugh everyday...

I second that.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace
# 8
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/28/2006 8:21 pm
though I rarely see doc simon around anymore, he has answered enough of my questions in the past to bring to where I'm at today. PRS, gear whore.. I feel confident in being able to go to him, ask his opinion on a piece of gear, especially an amp, and being able to trust he knows wtf he's talking about. Lats, the one and only, superhero with the ability to answer any question pertaining to the inner workings of a guitar, amp, or effects pedal. and of course, ponyone, this guy helped me, not only with guitar, but with cars as well, and more importantly then anything, with my own life's trials and tribulations. cryptic, who's thoughts and views, and ability to debate, may have changed my life forever. I still don't know what his definition of metal is, but I hope one day to be pure enough to understand :D and then of course jolly, for well deserved comic relief at the end of the day, not to mention his ultimate knowledge of theory, and his constructive criticism of my song and poetry writing, also for his uncanny ability to give a bitch slap when a bitch slap is needed. then, there is a guy, who I rarely see in the open discussion forum, but who lurks throught the gear discussion and tech talk forums, aschelman (or however you spell it), great guy who is very knowledgable in gear.

did I miss anyone? I'm sorry, if you want your name to be mentioned, try being a little more helpful about things, would ya? ;)
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 9
stackny
stackny
01/28/2006 8:45 pm
Ill specifically thank Cryptic and 6strngs. Cryptic for his willingness to answer any of my rediculous questions over AIM and for being the only one hard headed enough to debate with me for God knows how many pages. 6strngs has influenced some of my purchases and Ive been more than satisfied with all of them. I do think he needs a slap upside the head occassionally but oh well.

Thanks to anyone who has answered my questions and put up with my conservative bs.
Dont shoot yourself in the head.
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/28/2006 9:18 pm
Since we're all sharing the love, I'd like to second my gratitude towards the moderaters as well as pretty much everyone else here that regularly contributes to the forum thus making it the place that it is. If I really knew where to begin on who to thank what for then I think I'd be done typing by now, but I'm gonna be here all day if I try and map this mayhem out. Besides, I'm not really good at this kind of thing. A lot of musical as well as personal growth has occured for me because of this place and the people in it. There's no gratitude great enough to compensate for that. If I make it where I want to be in the music world, you bet your ass sure as **** ever last one of you will be mentioned in the special thanks. Cheers.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 11
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/28/2006 10:29 pm
I'm a fan of all the dudes at GT (and the chicks), but I'm probably a biggest fan of these folks:

Akira- hilarious

CW14- sure, he spams a bit, but it's not advertising. It's just funny as hell.

Silent Music- Irishman

Pony_One- Quentin Tarantino with an affinity for birds

Doc Simon- No longer wants to pop me like a zit!

LATS- For some reason digs some of my lyrics, not to mention is a gear master.

Rask- pwned.

Leedogg and PRSplaya- figured I'd put them together, they put me first in their video!

Magicninja- for the coolest name ever.

Cryptic Excretions- You really should change your name.

Oh how could I forget
Eggman- big fan of the Egg (e-bow, regular violin bow)

Iiholly- Hey, anybody who likes my songs is cool with me.

Squirrelmaster5- Has never posted, but it's my other guitarist's username

OH RIGHT!
Alucard093275982375- whatever the numbers are.

If I forgot anyone, sorry, I'll add you if you really want. Unless I'm not a big fan of you. Then I won't add you.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 12
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
01/28/2006 11:52 pm
You can change your names?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 13
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
01/28/2006 11:59 pm
Not any one person stands out for me, for any of us on our own is limited...but having everyone's knowledge, experience, and humor combined is very powerful, and for it we all benefit in many ways.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 14
rockonn91
rockonn91
01/29/2006 1:19 am
i feel an online GT group hug comin on. :D
JK :cool:

-Agile Guitars Enthusiast
# 15
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
hbkolb
Whats an Yngwie??
01/29/2006 3:09 am
Definetly a great group of people on this site, a big 300 + pound, tattoo covered stinky fat guy hug to you all. I really appreciate all the help I have gotten here.

Howard Kolb

hbkolb :D
# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/29/2006 3:15 am
Originally Posted by: stackny6strngs... I do think he needs a slap upside the head occassionally but oh well.

you can say that again!!!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 17
Rsam16
Rsam16
01/29/2006 5:48 pm
What I appreciate about this Forum,
is that people here are friendly,
they will help you with any question you have,
People here don't put you down(even if you say something really stupid), People who have just signed up to the forum are treated with just as much resect as someone who has been here for years and who has thousands of posts(that is a rare in this day and age where Seniority usually rules).

The Mods here are cool, and will let usually let you speak your mind,
But the one thing I appreciate about this forum is people here have Class
more than any other Forum I've ever been to.

So to everyone from 6strngs to Blues_man to Jolly and Magicninja,Bigbuda and Ponyone, and Everyone else on the forum.

Thanks for making this a Great community and place to be.

I wouldn't waste my time anywhere else ;)
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 18
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/29/2006 6:58 pm
Magicninja and PRSplaya have always been especially nice to me, so thanks for that, guys. PonyOne has helped me quite a few times, I believe, so that's good. 6strngs and ericthecableguy are good guys to talk to. Also, Cryptic Excretions makes me laugh a lot.

Oh yeah, and Akira, for not freaking out about me hating his guitar so much. :)
# 19
Fretfire
Fretfire
01/29/2006 7:23 pm
GT is a really cool site......I really enjoy reading all your posts as well as exchanging different opinions of all kinds. (politics , theory, favorite bands, etc) The nice thing was the Respect every one shows for each other, even if our opinions differ on some points or some stupid mistakes were made. (Unlike other sites that cursing and flaming others is tolerated :rolleyes: )

Its really a helpful site, it will not only increase your knowledge on guitar but also a good typist as well! :D Seriously to know the views of other people regarding anything.

I thank all the Mods and the Members new or old who contributed by all means and made this forum possible. whether you post for the sake of fun or for contributing information and Opinion.

( Cheers to Jolly, CW14, Raskolnikov, Akira, Eggman, Cryptic, PRS, LATS, Alucard, Schmange, rockonn91, JFRICK, Superhuman, 6strngs, Magicninja, Rsam, AndrewSA, Bigbuda, BluesMan, Pony1, Jijutsu, Wildridge, illholy, SilentMsic, Infectious, Aschleman, Ericthecableguy, DannyC, Danrock, XooBurnOut. and to all............members who post in this forum as well as those i forgot. (I will type all your names later, Im just 4 months here but I remember all your good post even if I dont have time to reply or object it. hehehe.

I appreciate you all not just because of your help to me and others but most of all for the patience to post with sound and logical opinions ,arguments and views (esp those with more than 1000 posts). Even if we dont agree with some....I still respect all your views, for Im a fan of "good reasons/opinions and wit " even sometimes it looks stupid. Long Live the GT forum posters. for now its time to go to work....Again ;) ...........................................................GT Rulez!!!
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.