Appreciation Thread

6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
01/31/2006 7:44 am
Originally Posted by: magicninjaHomones make these kids crazy. :eek:

ha! I'm crazy! HA HA HA HA HA!!!! woooooo!!! look at me! the crazy guy!!! I'm going to run naked in the street and put a balogna sandwich in your mailbox! MWAAHHH HAAA HAAA HAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 1
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
01/31/2006 7:59 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrswtf? they turned you off metal? now that's just wrong! give me some time, and I'll turn you back on to it.. but, there's alot more to metal then power chords. and tuning to anything below Db is over-kill.

Oh, I still listen to metal, I just don't play it so much any more. I've only been playing since August, and the only gear I have so far is a crummy little Aslin Dane strat copy with the 15-watt amp I used for my bass guitar :o , so, now that I've got the hang of metal techniques like thrashing, palm-muting, finger-tapping etc., I'm using that "fat-clean" sound for jazz, blues and funky pop. Once I get my hands on a multiple effects processor, however, I'm going to crank the distortion up and kick out the jams :)

Iron Maiden, Machine Head, Shadows Fall, Queensryche, Prong and Megadeth rock. :cool:
"It's all folk music... I ain't never heard no horse sing!"
- Attributed variously to Leadbelly and Louis Armstrong

If at first you don't succeed, you are obviously not Chuck Norris.

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/31/2006 8:02 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusOh, I still listen to metal, I just don't play it so much any more. I've only been playing since August, and the only gear I have so far is a crummy little Aslin Dane strat copy with the 15-watt amp I used for my bass guitar :o , so I'm using that "fat-clean" sound for jazz, blues and funky pop. Once I get my hands on a multiple effects processor, however, I'm going to crank the distortion up and kick out the jams :)

Iron Maiden, Machine Head, Shadows Fall, Queensryche, Prong and Megadeth rock. :cool:

That list could have ended with Iron Maiden. I like most of the others, but let's be honest, heavy metal begins and ends with Iron Maiden.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
z0s0_jp
Riffologist
01/31/2006 8:05 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonThat list could have ended with Iron Maiden. I like most of the others, but let's be honest, heavy metal begins and ends with Iron Maiden.

here, here :cool:
"Dammit Jim!! I'm a guitarist not a roadie...so haul my gear"
# 4
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
01/31/2006 8:19 am
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonThat list could have ended with Iron Maiden. I like most of the others, but let's be honest, heavy metal begins and ends with Iron Maiden.

Once again, you are correct, wise Jolly. Forgive me *sniff*. Hail Maiden! *makes the sign of the cross*

Which of the others do you like? Please tell me you like Prong. In all my long years, all seventeen of them, I've never met a fellow Prong fan!

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 5
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
01/31/2006 2:41 pm
Hey hey, I'm a Prong fan...Tommy Victor had some really good ideas...way ahead of his time (which was two or three years ago...when Prong were still on hiatus).

I also quite like Shadows fall...

I am and used to be a big rock/metal fan, but lets be honest...as good as rock is, it is ****ing boring...the scene is getting stale...metalcore and emo every where!!! Nothing is fresh anymore.

So I started listening to other stuff as well...Jamiroquai is amazing...and Portishead...and Kanye West...and The Fugees...and Diesel Boy...

I have recently grown up alot when it comes to what music I listen to...I used to be a closed minded rocker...now I take it all.

please, no one shout at me about this, but how ****ing brilliant is that "Push The Button" song by Sugarbabes...its just so damn catchy!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 6
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
01/31/2006 8:38 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew SaHey hey, I'm a Prong fan...Tommy Victor had some really good ideas...way ahead of his time (which was two or three years ago...when Prong were still on hiatus).

I also quite like Shadows fall...

I am and used to be a big rock/metal fan, but lets be honest...as good as rock is, it is ****ing boring...the scene is getting stale...metalcore and emo every where!!! Nothing is fresh anymore.

So I started listening to other stuff as well...Jamiroquai is amazing...and Portishead...and Kanye West...and The Fugees...and Diesel Boy...

I have recently grown up alot when it comes to what music I listen to...I used to be a closed minded rocker...now I take it all.

please, no one shout at me about this, but how ****ing brilliant is that "Push The Button" song by Sugarbabes...its just so damn catchy!

Jamiroquai rocks the house! They're more acid jazz than techno, really.

Kanye West makes good music, and he's right about George W. Bush, but I can't help but notice that he looks like a blowfly!

And yes, I like that Sugar Babes song as well! :)

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 7
earthman buck
earthman buck
01/31/2006 8:41 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Saplease, no one shout at me about this, but how ****ing brilliant is that "Push The Button" song by Sugarbabes...its just so damn catchy!

I've never heard it, but even if I had and hated it, I would be a hypocrite to "shout at you" about it. I like a lot of music I know I shouldn't, and it sickens me that I do. Like...Blondie....and....the Matrix Soundtrack.....
# 8
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
01/31/2006 10:56 pm
I'm want to thank everyone. I've been to a lot of different forums based on guitar, and this is the only one that is like a family. Guitarvoice is close, but it's no guitar tricks...

I'm only gonna give one specific shout out, as my memory sucks and I know I won't remember all the people that has helped me out, and that's to Jon, the man behind this machine.....
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
01/31/2006 11:31 pm
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusOnce again, you are correct, wise Jolly. Forgive me *sniff*. Hail Maiden! *makes the sign of the cross*

Which of the others do you like? Please tell me you like Prong. In all my long years, all seventeen of them, I've never met a fellow Prong fan!

Snap your fingers, snap your neck. Meh, Megadeth did it better.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 10
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
01/31/2006 11:41 pm
Ahhh..what a great thread, it feels like someone' graduating or going home.

Well, anyways here's a thanks to everyone for the great site, which is a great escape, and especially everyone who has given me good reviews and advice on my music.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.

METOOB
# 11
jiujitsu_jesus
jiujitsu_jesus
02/01/2006 5:18 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOneHeh, I've always maintained that I was the last straight male in America to fly the flag of Jamiroquai

In fact, Andrew_Sa is from the UK and I'm from Australia. Looks like you are, indeed, the last straight male in America to fly Jamiroquai's flag!

l337iZmz r@wk o.K!!!??>
# 12
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/01/2006 5:23 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyAhhh..what a great thread, it feels like someone' graduating or going home.

Is it time to get on the bus yet? :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 13
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/01/2006 6:07 am
Originally Posted by: bigbudaIs it time to get on the bus yet? :D

I'm getting on the bus on friday, going snowboarding all weekend with my church (woohoo.. only not.. but I don't really care, I just wanna snowboard! it'll be my first time this season!)
my spyspace
# 14
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
02/01/2006 7:58 am
Originally Posted by: jiujitsu_jesusIn fact, Andrew_Sa is from the UK and I'm from Australia. Looks like you are, indeed, the last straight male in America to fly Jamiroquai's flag!

actually, I am from South Africa (hence the Sa) I just lived in London all of last year, and havent changed my details on this site back to Johannesburg South Africa.

as it turns out, my brother bought a Warwick Corvette Fretless 5-string from Nick Fiffe (think I spelt it right) who played bass for Jamiroquai, he bought it off ebay, and when we went to collect it, it was Nick...was surreal...he is such a good bassist.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 15
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/01/2006 3:03 pm
Originally Posted by: bigbudaIs it time to get on the bus yet? :D

OK...I'll get on the bus. Then you chase me to the airport, and tell me I can't leave.
For life is quite absurd and death's the final word, You must always face the curtain with a bow

METOOB
# 16
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
02/02/2006 7:00 am
Originally Posted by: ericthecableguyOK...I'll get on the bus. Then you chase me to the airport, and tell me I can't leave.

sounds like a terrible chick flick
my spyspace
# 17
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
02/02/2006 7:57 am
Originally Posted by: 6strngs_2hmbkrssounds like a terrible chick flick

a very weird terrible chick flick with a guy chasing another guy to the airport. Man, I might be able to sell this to lifetime. :D
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 18
ericthecableguy
ericthecableguy
02/02/2006 11:25 pm
:rolleyes: I'm merely poking fun at the extremely cliched 'plot twist' that happens in countless movies and season finales a shows.

METOOB
# 19
Rsam16
Rsam16
02/09/2006 12:44 am
Originally Posted by: Rsam16What I appreciate about this Forum,
is that people here are friendly,
they will help you with any question you have,
People here don't put you down(even if you say something really stupid), People who have just signed up to the forum are treated with just as much resect as someone who has been here for years and who has thousands of posts(that is a rare in this day and age where Seniority usually rules).

The Mods here are cool, and will let usually let you speak your mind,
But the one thing I appreciate about this forum is people here have Class
more than any other Forum I've ever been to.

So to everyone from 6strngs to Blues_man to Jolly and Magicninja,Bigbuda and Ponyone, and Everyone else on the forum.

Thanks for making this a Great community and place to be.

I wouldn't waste my time anywhere else ;)

Man, after all that Ass Kissing I still only have 10 reputation points :D :cool:
[FONT=Century Gothic]RSAM16[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]GuitarTricks Resident Eric Clapton Fan[/FONT]
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.