Bush

Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/06/2004 3:57 pm
Did any one ever see a series called "The Comic Strip Presents" ? There was one show called "Eat the Rich".

Nosha, the then PM of England delivers a beautiful line to two warring countries..

"You, get out of his country... and you... smarten your self up !"

If only it were that simple !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 1
kingdavid
kingdavid
09/06/2004 5:27 pm
Originally Posted by: The Ace...It has happened in numerous threads!...

The biggest slugfest I've witnessed would have to be two threads righjt before the war on Iraq(*btw , why is it called war on iraq? I'd have sworn Saddam was the problem. It should be war in iraq on Saddam!) and soon after the first "shots" were taken.
Man, it was HUMONGOUS.
If you think those multiple-fighter festivals of the WWE are anything, you aint seen nothing yet.
# 2
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/06/2004 7:14 pm
What i'm saying is that so many threads get closed now that the open forum is becoming pretty damn uneventful. If somebody doesn't know the facts (dreamryche), then I feel I have the right to say them. Is that "making swings at other members?" Maybe at their own ignorance, yes. How can somebody possibly suggest that Eisenhower wasn't in the army? C'mon, this is the only interesting non-music-related thread in the past month and a half, and now you threaten to close it? wtf? I don't care what you guys do "Behind-Closed Doors", why not just "let it be"?

~Incidents
# 3
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/06/2004 7:20 pm
What's up with Bush's poll numbers, who rigged those?

~Incidents
# 4
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/06/2004 7:23 pm
Originally Posted by: Incidents HappenWhat i'm saying is that so many threads get closed now that the open forum is becoming pretty damn uneventful. If somebody doesn't know the facts (dreamryche), then I feel I have the right to say them. Is that "making swings at other members?" Maybe at their own ignorance, yes. How can somebody possibly suggest that Eisenhower wasn't in the army? C'mon, this is the only interesting non-music-related thread in the past month and a half, and now you threaten to close it? wtf? I don't care what you guys do "Behind-Closed Doors", why not just "let it be"?

~Incidents

Ok your making sense. I just don't want any foul play here. Let's just try to keep things decent that way everbody gets what they want. Can we handle that?

:cool:
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 5
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/06/2004 7:29 pm
Alright! That's the answer I was looking for!

~Incidents
# 6
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/07/2004 12:33 am
Originally Posted by: Incidents HappenAlright! That's the answer I was looking for!

~Incidents

Glad to see your happy. :rolleyes:
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/07/2004 2:36 am
While I'm further along to the left than most people, I hate how Kerry gets painted as a "Massachuesetts Liberal". The inherently negative connotation that goes along with that phrase angers me. Somehow "Texas Conservative" gets off scott-free.

It amazes me that this is even a close election at all. When we examine Bush's record on domestic policy we see that it is nearly nonexistant, aside from a few tax cuts for his buddies, and the Patriot Act. Which are both bad things in my eyes. I gotta hand it to the Republicans though, they are untouched when it comes to spinning an issue in their favor and for running some of the most ingenious smear campaigns of all time (anyone else remember Dukakis in the tank circa '88?) If Bush truly deserved to be reelected he would've proven it by now considering both houses of congress, and the supreme court are all Republican majority.

I live in the biggest battleground state of this election (Ohio), and have the privilege of seeing both Bush and Kerry alot as they visit my state at least once a week. In fact, Kerry was in my town of 3,000 people only 2 days ago to survey some flood damage around our area. I feel like my vote is extra special this time around, and find myself more involved than if it were any other election.

I don't believe any one candidate is the answer to problems plaguing our nation and the world. But when sized up next to each other, I firmly believe that Kerry is the clear choice, partisanship aside. If only people wouldn't vote for things that won't change like gun control and abortion...
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 8
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/07/2004 2:56 am
it's like choosing the lesser of two evils though. Neither is the shining light that America needs, it's just a matter of who's battery is less dead. I am a left-winger, but i'm slightly pissed off that Kerry can't turn all the bad things Bush has done into something America will respond to. Same thing in 2000, Al Gore had so many open spots to punch, but failed to do so.

And while Kerry and Edwards were on the highroad of campaign integrity, what is this **** "W is for wrong" ? People can't connect with that, they need something that is both literal and figurative, not one of the two (example: "It's just like your car, if you want to go forward, elect Democrat, if you want to go backwards, elect Republican!") Seriously Kerry, get off that train, it's going nowhere.

Once again, I think that both candidates truly suck. Al Gore and Bush in 2000 was a joke, but at least it seemed like real campaigns.

~Incidents
# 9
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/07/2004 7:22 pm
Yes but bsuh doesn't make those laws, the congress does. I think alot of people blame a little to much on the president, when it's the government as a whole that needs work. I'm sure that sounds like a lil something more we can agree on???
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 10
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/07/2004 9:23 pm
I think most of us agree that everything is pretty f'd up right now; where we stand apart is "how are we going to change that?"

The democrats know that Clinton left with great stats (23 million created jobs is the biggest) and that Bush has ****ty stats (1 million jobs lost). They know that under Bush, 5 million more people don't have health insurance. They know that the middle class is paying more taxes (5% more) while the top 2% are paying 10% less (This was aired and debated on C-SPAN2 today on the Senate floor, September 07, 2004) taxes. They know that the No Child Left Behind Act is a mockery, that the title has absolutely nothing to do with the law, it just sounds nice (Same with Operation Iraqi Freedom, by the way).

Dreamryche, I can see to some degree how you don't like Kerry (myself being a person who doesn't like either of them). But calling him "Crap-Eater" doesn't really tell us much, and I'm not sure if it was you or who it was, that was saying that "He lied! he lied! he lied! Don't you get it!?" What exactly did he lie about, his medals? Everything he did was laid out in proper written form, all the paperwork is there. There is nothing he could have lied about. Some might say about the "Atrocities". Kerry never said that everybody did that, just that it happened; we all know that they happened, they happen in every war,we just can't deal with it ourselves. Like I said, we Americans can't take it that we aren't perfect, and neither is life in America. Our government kept the secret about the raid on Dresden a secret for i believe it was twenty years (1964 it got released I think?). We slaughtered 135,000 German civilians in a city that had no military bases/soldiers. Kurt Vonnegut was there, and reported it in his book Slaughterhouse-Five.
A purple-heart is a purple-heart, and if you start questioning a person about the significance of his injuries, than what kind of patriot are you? He served his time, and it is documented. George W. Bush on the other hand, well there is an information gap in his military records, we really don't know what happened there.

~Incidents
# 11
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/07/2004 10:06 pm
Kerry did lie, he accused others of atrocities but denies the fact that he did them and tried to make peace negotiations with the north vietnamese which is against the law.. and NO all the paper work isnt there..he has disclosed certain parts of his records..There are also missing performance evaluations for certain periods of his service as a Navy officers..This could all be resovled if he would fill out a Form 180 but refuses to..The form would release his ENTIRE military record.
Its seems some of u dont know sh!t about the military (uh ohhh..I said the S word, might get in trouble for that)
alot of you have asked " Vietnam was a long long time ago and y should it matter today?? plain and simple..John Kerry has made his vietnam service a centerpiece for his campain for presidency so asking questions about his past time and illegal acts is all fair game...
Once again Incidents uve failed to know ur stuff about kerry and the military ..
He only served his 4 months of his time and at that time swift boat sailors were only allowed to leave after completing the standard 1 year service in vietnam. Kerry being the only swift boat sailor that was able to leave other than the others that were either seriously wounded or dead, and I dont recall his shrapnel wound seriously injuring him.
Now I can see alot of you saying well bush didnt go to vietnam...I know he didnt and thats one of the few things I really hate about him but with all the mess kerry caused it would have been best for him not to have gone

all in all I dont like him because (besides the vietnam) of his ideas on abortion and the fact that he changes his mind all the time..plus the 20 years of senate votes he has slashed military funding, slashed inteligence funding and raised the taxes 350 times
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 12
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/07/2004 10:27 pm
ohh I dont like neither of them..its a loose loose situation
someone earlier said there both crap but if I had to choose between one it would be bush.
# 13
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/07/2004 10:27 pm
Originally Posted by: Incidents Happen(1 million jobs lost)

Goddam it, I want to know the real number for once. In the last week I've heard every number of jobs gained/lost from 1.5 million gained (from Bush himself) to 9.8 million lost.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 14
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/08/2004 12:34 am
Originally Posted by: ketsueki15ohh I dont like neither of them..its a loose loose situation
someone earlier said there both crap but if I had to choose between one it would be bush.

He did admit to the same atrocities as other vietnam soldiers. Thought you should know. And, let's hear what you have to say that's positive about Bush.

~Incidents
# 15
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/08/2004 1:25 am
Clinton's administration had a good economy for most of his run, bush came into a recession, look at the satts guys, stats don't lie. I was also reading several books, and there was a huge economy blowout in 97/98, so no matter how you look at it guys, we are NEVER going to agree. Bush came into that recession ( until you can give me facts with a doucment stating otherwise). The... Bush was attacked by terrorists while we were still in that recession, hey until you guys can think of a way to get out of that, don't criticize him.

And name some positive things Kerry has done. " we ahe to put this country into a new direction" Kerry states numerous times, but what direction is that?? He HAS NO CLUE. He has never had one before, why think he should have one now??

Hmm name a positive thing that Bush has done, He captured Saddam Hussien Right?? Clinton didn't, Senior Bush didnt. George W. Bush did. And you guys will proabably moan about " o0o o0o o0o Saddam didn't do anything to us." But remember Adolf Hitler, he traumatized his own people just as saddam has with his posion gas. Maybe not as extreme, but he still did.

And How do you guys know Saddam Hussein didn't harbor Usama Bin Laden, " The Cia doesn't know." Maybe they do... it's just people are so media conscious today. They are the CIA they are supposed to know things we don't.
# 16
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/08/2004 1:40 am
good one dream
but he didnt admitt to acussing them of war crims and atrocities
read his interview with Judy Woodruff from 02/19/04
# 17
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/08/2004 3:16 am
yeah, he retracted his comments that he made in '71. He still admitted it in '71 though in front of the senate.

~Incidents
# 18
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/08/2004 4:58 am
Originally Posted by: DreamRyche2112Hmm name a positive thing that Bush has done, He captured Saddam Hussien Right?? Clinton didn't, Senior Bush didnt. George W. Bush did. And you guys will proabably moan about " o0o o0o o0o Saddam didn't do anything to us." But remember Adolf Hitler, he traumatized his own people just as saddam has with his posion gas. Maybe not as extreme, but he still did.[/QUOTE]
Yes he most certainly gassed people living in Iraq. But not Iraqis. He gassed the Kurds, which are a group of nationless people living in Northern Iraq. Furthermore, that incident happened in the 1980's when dubya's daddy was runnin' the show, he should know because he had the receipts for the weapons used when the US sold them massive amounts of weapons to fight Iran in something known as a proxy war (very popular cold war tactic).

[QUOTE=DreamRyche2112]
And How do you guys know Saddam Hussein didn't harbor Usama Bin Laden, "

We don't, but some evidence would be nice. It's a well-known fact that Osama and Saddam didn't like each other, perhaps this alone doesn't discount a connection between them but nothing formidable was presented as a reason for a preemptive, unprovoked war. My dad, a very simple man, kinda lumps all Arabs together and I have a feeling he's not alone.

The reason we got was that there were WMD just oozing out of every nook and cranny of Iraq and that Saddam was just itchin' to blow us off the map. Meanwhile, North Korea (the very same week) was like, "Hey, we're gonna make some nukes", and the dubya was like, "Hey, that's cool, but we got other fish to fry".
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 19
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/08/2004 6:36 pm
Saddam Traumtitized the Kurds, as Hitler Traumatized the jews, it doesn't matter who he traumitizes, we just have to put an end to it. Basically the point your making is that Kurds were naitonless ok. So I guess we should bomb all the illegal imigrants in our country right?? Because techinically they are nationless. No that would be completley wrong. My point is... is that he was an evil dictator who destroyed peoples lives. He had to be stopped.

as for pony one... you seem like a clinton supporter :) , if i am correct, back when we were giving supplies to Somalia, we had to fight them, because the warlord of that country, was basically stealing our goods, not letting them be used on the people in need. That day we deployed a number of special op and delta force squads, and we lost 19 soldiers in combat in that one day.

We stopped nothing, and Clinton backed out his men. That shows a great figure of leadership doesn't it? we lost 19 men for absolutley nothing.

I say we have lost close to 1000, not by Iraqis first of all, but by people who fear democracy in the middle east. The toll is high you are correct, but it is for a good cause, and these troops are willing to put there lives on the line for people like you who complain about the war. The media mis interprets the war on Iraq, because it is not so much the War on Iraq, it is the War on world-wide terror. And no offense, if you are against a war on world wide terror, i have little respect for your ideas.

It is people like saddam Hussein and other terrorists in that country who would love to see The United States of America crumble, and would have no problem taking part in it. I say we get rid of the bastards now.

I'm glad you guys have shared your opinions, I love these debates, I for one am happy ideas can be expressed b4 the thread cna be shut down.
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.