Bush

Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/04/2004 2:49 am
I just got back from seeing Bush make a speech in Cedar Rapids. I had a good spot about twenty yards from the man and I have to say he has less of a presence of authority or any manifestation of testicular fortitude than any other guy I've seen in Iowa.

Anyways, during the speech I noticed him outright lie more than a couple times. I don't mean he messed with statistics or told half-truths, I mean told the crowd the exact opposite of the factual information. He even had the guts to claim to be strongly in favor of protecting the environment.

What I want to know is how the hell did this guy get elected?
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/04/2004 3:57 am
Man you did well, I think I would have been thrown out !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/04/2004 4:31 am
Security was very tight. Suits patrolling everywhere, highway cops, local cops with glocks, a sniper in a helicopter circling the park, those guys definitely don't screw around.

Those service dudes are tough. One of them was bald and his entire head, neck, and shoulders was badly sunburnt and he didn't even seem to notice.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
Meta
Meta
09/04/2004 4:50 am
You cant really worry about it He is our president... and probley will be again.
|/- :eek: Zeeky Boogy Doog :eek: -\|
< - (o .0) - >
# 4
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/04/2004 5:11 am
Well, I can guarantee nobody is going to cut his presidency short. We could have invaded Iraq just with the suits Bush hauls around with him and probably whooped arse proper.
-A.H.
# 5
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/04/2004 6:06 am
I can already see this post thread turn into a major Bush bashing thread and how bad he is ect ect..if you dont like him dont vote for him...simple :D
but with the history of kerry I would never vote for him..truthfully I dont like neither but Kerry is on my "crap" list :confused:
i dont want to get "banned" for profanity now do I...lol
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 6
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/04/2004 6:27 am
I gotta admit Bush has been doing a better job in many areas than I would be. His main problem is the mistakes he does make are the big ones.
-A.H.
# 7
kingdavid
kingdavid
09/04/2004 10:57 am
Me is a Democrat by knee-jerk reaction.
That's right, a Kenyan living 3000 miles away from America who's never been outside of his own borders says he's a democrat.
I guess it had to do with the fact that over the 90's decade when there was most activism for multiparty democracy in Kenya, the US adminstration of the day was democratic and pro pluralism, that's why I'm affectionate about democrats.
I'M VOTING KERRYYYYYY!!!!!!!
:D :D
# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/04/2004 12:54 pm
I really don't get what GWBs cronies (that he doesn't even have the courage to publicly acknowledge , just promotes them to the head of VA affairs, you go figure !!!) are banging on about.

GWB cant even manage to prove he wasn't AWOL, whilst in America thousands of miles away from the fighting... let alone right in the middle of it ! The most dangerous thing GWB faced were questions like, "where were you ?" and "why were you beating that unarmed hippy armed only with a candle and an incense stick?".

Kerry could be making much more out of this and I think it is a tribute his decency this he is not. All of this crap about "he is unfit to act as commander..bal bla bla is just more GWB bollox !

regardless, I'd vote for a trained monkey if it got GWB out of power !
# 9
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/04/2004 2:46 pm
Bush has done a good job, people say Iraq was a mistake, but if someone who really hated, maybe if any of you guys have kids or someone you love, had a gun, would you rather wait till they shoot your loved one, or would you get rid of the problem first. I would get rid of the problem first. Bush came into recession, and also came into clintons policy of "lets not do anything overseas."

If Clinton did his job, then 9/11 wouldnt have happened. His admin. was attacked several times and all he could do was get his knob shined in the whitehouse.

Kerry stands for nothing. Period. There are thousands of democratic things that most dems. stand for but he does not. He has no agenda. Im not syaing Bush is great President, but he sur eis better than kerry, or wait, is that his real name or will he change that b4 the election too.

Ciao.
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 10
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/04/2004 5:50 pm
Originally Posted by: DreamRyche2112Bush has done a good job

At what ?

Bin laden is still out there with unlimited funds and nutters to die for his cause

Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9-11 and is now a huge mess

The Economy is flat as a pancake

The exchange rate is at its worst in living memory,
The dollar is now worth 50p against the pound, that is down about about 60% (which is a lot).

Americas allies /the UN think that Washington is a dangerous joke.

Health care has just gone up by it's biggest increment EVER

Unemployment is up

The number of people living under the poverty line in the US is up (drastically)

and we are looking at the reintroduction of conscription in the US

The Patriot act is trampling all over civil liberties and the government has to rely on frightening people to justify its own inability to balance the bugget...which it is not doing, have you seem the deficit lately ??

Unless your name is Dick Chaney....

This is all bad !

Don't even get me started on the international treaties this administration has ignored

the asinine missile defense shield (which doesn't work)
re opening research into new forms of nuclear weaponry
Opening up the national parks for...oil exploration

need I really go on !
# 11
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/04/2004 5:51 pm
whats so bad about his vietnam past you say?
A few of these have nothing to do with vietnam.

VVAW - Vietnam Vets. against the war
January 31, 1971 to February 2, 1971 the Anti-American Propaganda Center Stage--Winter Soldier he was in.
he accused other of war crimes yet he did them him self
April 18, 1971, a quote from an interview "meet the press"
John says: "There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions. " If you would like the audio from this interview then ask.

Kerry testified before the Senate about his trips to the Paris peace talks, and his "negotiations" with representative from North Vietnam. Kerry made at least two such trips, attempting to "broker" deals with officials from the North, which he on various occasions, attempted to press politically upon the United States.
some of you may think "well whats wrong with making peace deals?" well this is why
"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. (18 U.S.C. Ā§953)" He didnt have the authority.

Kerry rejected the american falg : Minutes of a VVAW staff meeting (attended by Kerry) discuss a trip that is to be made by executive director Al Hubbard to Hanoi and whether he is to go as a representative of VVAW or a private individual, because of the concern of how the trip will be received ("how his return from Hanoi will be handled"). Also, it is agreed that no American flags will be displayed at VVAW's offices so as to avoid any "bad feelings".
Kerry and is VVAW decided to seize and barricade themselves in the Statue of Liberty one night on December, 1971.
In December, 1992, John Kerry, urged the first President Bush to "reward Vietnam within a month for its increased cooperation in accounting for American MIA's." Kerry was and became one of the Congress' most stalwart supporters of the normalization of relations with Vietnam and the resumption of trade, much to the chagrin of veterans' groups and supporters, who have called for years for greater efforts in accounting for MIA's and POW's.

Less than a month after Kerry's efforts with the President, Vietnam announced the awarding of a contract (essentially for the rebuilding of Vietnam) worth almost a billion dollars, to Colliers International--international real estate consultants--based in Boston, Mass. Kerry's counsin, C. Stewart Forbes, by the way, was Colliers CEO.

At a ceremony to establish a memorial to the "swift boat," Kerry spoke of the War on Terror, and the fact that he backed President Bush...: "100 percent on the decisions he's making. We are completely united on this war. If he does well, the country does well and good for him. We can't be vigilant enough, tenacious enough, nor, in some cases, bold enough, in prosecuting this war on terrorism. "
Kerry was Against Flag Burning Amendment: Kerry voted against a constitutional amendment on flag desecration

SOURCES- http://www.seanrobins.com/kerry_chronology.htm
Bush may have not gone to Vietnam but It would have been better if Kerry hadnt gone.

PS- my spelling sucks..lol Its to early in the mornin for me
# 12
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/04/2004 7:40 pm
I say Ralph Nayder all the way!!! Wooo!!!
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 13
SPL
SPL
09/04/2004 7:43 pm
Originally Posted by: HammurabiWhat I want to know is how the hell did this guy get elected?

He actually lost the election by about 450,000 popular votes.

I'm pretty sure he'll lose again in november. But hopefully this time he won't have his daddy's friends to hand him the presidency.

Bush has proven over and again that he is incompetent as the leader of the United States, it is time for the population to see that and do something about it.

So what if Kerry didn't lose a leg in order to get a couple of purple hearts? He was there, and put his life on the line for his country, that's what matters.
So what if he changes his mind on certain topics? This is only proof that he's a critical thinker, knows when to admit mistake, or is able to distinguish when situations change and different actions are needed.
# 14
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/04/2004 7:55 pm
knows when to admitt a mistake??? HES LIED about it to this day... and still denies ever saying those things about the Vietnam vets..man was more like a traitor in my book but thats just my opinion
Either way they both lie but being from a military family i wouldnt vote for him
heres a recent quote from Howard Dean on the election of Kerry
"He's going to have a hard time if he's the nominee. I think electability's a real issue for him. He appears to change his mind so often. ... His credibility is under enormous attack, repeatedly. ... He has this pattern...you saw it with No Child Left Behind, you saw it with the war, you see it with special interests, which I think is terribly damaging. It appears that his word is no good. " New York Times 2004
O well im through with this thread...I am a musician and a gamer not a politican...it was nice arguing :confused:
# 15
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/04/2004 8:13 pm
Originally Posted by: SPLHe actually lost the election by about 450,000 popular votes.

I'm pretty sure he'll lose again in november. But hopefully this time he won't have his daddy's friends to hand him the presidency.

Well, technically I think it was the American system of the electoral college that "handed" George W. Bush the presidency. If you don't like the rules, don't play the game.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 16
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/04/2004 8:15 pm
Originally Posted by: SPLSo what if he changes his mind on certain topics?

I'd rather have a resolute leader than an indecisive one. Yes, the willingness to change one's mind is also a good quality in a president, but Kerry does it so often that I fear impotency in the white house.

By the way "admitting a mistake" and "Catering to the public" are not the same thing.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 17
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/04/2004 9:16 pm
Well, if you really think that sadam wasnt giving funds to usama, then all i have to say is ROFFLES. Unemployment is better than when clinton was in office, but i dont see you battering him. Iraq isn't a mess, Al Queda is a mess, if you watch the news you will see that the iraquis are the least of our troubles, al queda is. And.... usama hasn't been funding Al Queda for several months now.

Yes health care is bad, and Prescription drug costs are up, but those are the only things that i agree on.

I didn't say he was the greatest president, but he's not doing as bad as you think.
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 18
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/04/2004 9:22 pm
DreamRyche, I don't think you understand what Clinton did in the white house, considering you were probably 8 years old when he left. He created 23 million jobs with the 1993 economic policy made by himself, gephardt, kerry, and basically all the democrats. The republicans voted against it. They voted, in the end, against 23 million jobs in 8 years.

Bush says he's for the environment; more like for the cutting of trees, and drilling on the arctic refuge. Has anybody forgotten the Exxon Valdez? C'mon, it's still a mess from that incident. And his idea to stop forest fires is "to thin the trees". The soil and in the end the trees need the forest fires (the non-human-induced ones) to replenish the soil, and if you stop the fires, you stop the renewal of soil nutrients.

Let's say that the Soviet Union is still around; How would you like if they invaded us and said that we had to live by their way of life now, and that no matter how much work you did, you'd only make $150 a week? If you were like me, you'd pick up your gun supply and start the revolution. This is the insurgency in Iraq right now, no different than us revolting against Britain. We used the same hit and run tactics they did, their's are just more refined, from mortars, suicide bombers, snipers from rooftops, etc. The leadership in Iraq now is a puppet to the U.S government, and the people know it. If Iraq was about "liberation", there are many more nations in the world that could use it- (North Korea, Vietnam, China, Cuba, Iran, Syria, for example).

People get blinded by the administration says; They make it sound like they are doing a good thing. The soldiers that die(d) in Iraq have meaningless deaths; It was an $8 billion dollar-no-bidding contract for Halliburton (Dick Cheney former C.E.O of), and billions ended up going to the Carlyle group, of which Bush's father has relations to.
If Iraq becomes a democracy like America, who says they won't decide on "National Defense" to invade Iran, much like we invaded Iraq?

People like to think that Iraq had links to Al Queda, and Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld have said it; Bush denied it, but Cheney didn't let down, and when the 9/11 commission asked for proof of the connection, there wasn't any.

Can somebody tell me what Dick Cheney does, besides have heart attacks, anyways?

~Incidents
# 19
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/04/2004 10:07 pm
Originally Posted by: Incidents Happen
Can somebody tell me what Dick Cheney does, besides have heart attacks, anyways?

Harvests the taxpayers hard earned dollars....

and keeps them !
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.