Bush

ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/10/2004 5:35 pm
Any news channel with anchors is going to be biased one way or another. I like C-SPAN as they generally broadcast entire speeches, meetings, etc. with little or no commentary. It is truly neutral broadcasting in my opinion. As far as CNN goes, they seem pretty dead center most of the time, maybe a little left leaning in comparison to FOX, but I really don't see this massive liberal media all the right-wingers are talking about. Yes it's out there, but its very small in comparison to conservative media.
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 1
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/10/2004 5:45 pm
I should also mention I'm talking about TV media mostly, as its fairly even in the newspaper and magazine realms. TV is by far the most powerful though.
"When you're a young, long-haired guitarist, no one takes you seriously." - John Petrucci

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 2
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
Christoph
is Super Fabulous
09/10/2004 10:02 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]I find it instructive to observe that the CRTC (a Liberal government-appointed comissariat) allows CNN and Al Jazeerah but bars Fox from distribution on Canadian cable. CNN is just as nauseating in it's Lib-left bias as our own unloved CBC. The CBC is Canada'a version of the TASS news agancy in old "Mother Russia". A government-controlled propaganda machine.[/font] :mad:

Interesting. I didn't know that. I'm just glad that we have a choice here in America.
# 3
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/11/2004 12:38 am
Bravo! *resounding applause*

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 4
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
09/11/2004 1:33 am
Pony, how do you figure schools cost $2 million to make?

My school cost $40 million to make (Check it out if you don't believe me. Fond du Lac High School in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin).

You can't get **** for a $2 million dollar school.

~Incidents
# 5
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/11/2004 2:32 am
You make a good point Pony, but wtf is Kerry going to do... He deosn't even know. He's just like "lets lead this country into a new direction." Yet he never fully explains where we are going. to tell you the truth I don't think either one of these presidents can make the economy better, WTF is kerry going to do, honestly, is he gunna like create a business, like out of nowhere, so poeple can work. He can call is Ahole Corp, and he cna have the CEO of the business be Al Gore.

I mean all you guys are like, "the president needs to create new jobs, to get this economy growing." What the Hell is Bush/or Kerry ( if elected) going to do, like get a magiciians hat and start pulling out jobs. Most of these democrats complaining about jobs ( not saying any of you guys), are lazy bastards who never went to college and expect like 60,000 dollars a year.

I mean, really, I do not think John Kerry could have possibly done less for senate, no really, i don't think any senator has as bad as record as he does. And now you all think he will, all he does is ramble on with frivolous and meaningless banter about his Vietnam past. All he has done is voted down important bills, that every other damn senator thought was important, and then like say the complete oppoisite the next month. Does this man like it around all day, and think of all the crappy ideas he cna flip on next. I have more respect, for my dead gerble, than this man. And honestly, i would rather have my dead Gerble elected, he cant flip flop, because he can't talk, and he is alot more cuter, even while dead, then Kerry's disgusting face.

I'm also sick of people on the news and streets saying like " Ralph Nader is taking away Kerry'svotes, and he did with Gore too." IF THEY WANTED TO FRIKIN VOTE FOR KERRY THEY WOULD. PERIOD. And then people are like l"ook at the polls though, if it was just a 2 way race it would be alot closer." Well guess what, ITS NOT.

Sry guys i wanted to sound Mean on this post . LOL
Member of band: Amphiptere (am-fi-teer)
Genre: Speed Metal, Thrash Metal
I am: Lead guitar
# 6
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
09/11/2004 7:22 am
Going back that bin Laden stuff I've always found the investments between Bush and the bin Laden families fascinating.

We're not going to catch Osama. We're not even trying.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 7
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/11/2004 11:37 am
What do you think the war in Iraq is about?

It is so Bush can be seen to be doing something, ameans of providing military victories to make the AMerican people feel like we are kicking some ass !

It certainly has nothing to do with terrorism and as the GOP has no interest in human rights I am left scratching my head !

I do bet my last dollar the people who disappear in the middle of the night and are illegally tortured (with out due process), held in breach of the Geneva convention, in breach of international law with out access to the Red Cross (that is what these ghost prisoners are) don't care if it is SH's secret service or the US doing the torturing !

We should maybe focus on the Iraq civilian casualties for a moment.

Tens of Thousands !

SH didn't kill that many, even when he was gassing Kurds ! The majority of these ex-people are civilians, women and children. Not insurgents or military figures.

Are we surprised the US is scorned and hated ? Are we surprised people are organizing insurgency? Are we surprised they are strapping explosives to them selves and detonating the explosives anywhere they think will help there cause..

Is this behavior the result of being crazy or brainwashed by evil religious zellots....

Would you have the courage to do this if the US was invaded, your father disappeared in the middle of the night and was being held in some secret hell hole and being tortured and / or your mother and sister had been killed by a missile attack whilst attending a friends wedding !

It is a lot to deal with !

And why, so some of the richest people in America can get richer using the proceeds from Iraq's oil to rebuild the country the US military has recently demolished whilst setting it free. GWB gets a free political ride on the death and suffering he has caused and who pays for it all ? The American tax payer, the families of the service men killed, and the families of the bereaved in Iraq in fact everyone except those in power. Send your kids over there Mr Bush !! Put your money where your mouth is !
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 8
ckandes1
ckandes1
09/11/2004 1:42 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonWhat do you think the war in Iraq is about?

It is so Bush can be seen to be doing something, ameans of providing military victories to make the AMerican people feel like we are kicking some ass !

It certainly has nothing to do with terrorism and as the GOP has no interest in human rights I am left scratching my head !

I do bet my last dollar the people who disappear in the middle of the night and are illegally tortured (with out due process), held in breach of the Geneva convention, in breach of international law with out access to the Red Cross (that is what these ghost prisoners are) don't care if it is SH's secret service or the US doing the torturing !

We should maybe focus on the Iraq civilian casualties for a moment.

Tens of Thousands !

SH didn't kill that many, even when he was gassing Kurds ! The majority of these ex-people are civilians, women and children. Not insurgents or military figures.

Are we surprised the US is scorned and hated ? Are we surprised people are organizing insurgency? Are we surprised they are strapping explosives to them selves and detonating the explosives anywhere they think will help there cause..

Is this behavior the result of being crazy or brainwashed by evil religious zellots....

Would you have the courage to do this if the US was invaded, your father disappeared in the middle of the night and was being held in some secret hell hole and being tortured and / or your mother and sister had been killed by a missile attack whilst attending a friends wedding !

It is a lot to deal with !

And why, so some of the richest people in America can get richer using the proceeds from Iraq's oil to rebuild the country the US military has recently demolished whilst setting it free. GWB gets a free political ride on the death and suffering he has caused and who pays for it all ? The American tax payer, the families of the service men killed, and the families of the bereaved in Iraq in fact everyone except those in power. Send your kids over there Mr Bush !! Put your money where your mouth is !

-agreed-

i don't understand how ppl can be so sad about sept. 11th and not care that we did all of this to Iraq. They'ret blinded by our flag
[FONT=Courier New]
E||-----------------------------|---------------------||
B||-----------------------------|---------------------||
G||*--------7h8-7---------------|--------------5-----*||
D||*------------------7h8-7-----|--------5--------7--*||
A||---0--0---------0---------0--|--8--7-----7---------||
:cool: Ckandes1
[/FONT]
# 9
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/11/2004 2:38 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneoh one more thing... more people with college educations vote democrat than republican.

I'm talking about middle age people, who never went to college, and they want big paychecks, but they ahve to work for it. Those people vote for democrats, hoping that miney will be returned to them.
# 10
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/11/2004 2:44 pm
Please don't think that I'm forgiving or condoning the perpetrators and organizers for the atrocious acts of 9/11 !!

I'm not.

And like the recent killings at the school in Russian it was a horror of an unspeakable magnitude.

What I'm trying to say is that the killings in Iraq have nothing to do with the horror that was 9-11 and the sooner the American voting public start to understand this, the sooner the problem can be effectively addressed!
# 11
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/11/2004 2:46 pm
Damn them, Miney should be returned immediatly !

Small mouse, big black ears fixated with guy named Micky MIA !!
# 12
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/11/2004 2:48 pm
trust me, none of us think you are condoning or forgive those people. I still do not think that the war on Iraq is pointless, could Bush have done a better job at handling the war, YES. I think he should have deployed a much larger amount of troops. I think he underestimated what those people over there could do. Intelligence should have found every key building, not only key to the pople of Saddam, but key to the terrorists. I think Bush kind of forgot that if we go over there, its not only going to be the Iraqis that we are fighting.
# 13
ckandes1
ckandes1
09/11/2004 3:35 pm
Originally Posted by: DreamRyche2112trust me, none of us think you are condoning or forgive those people. I still do not think that the war on Iraq is pointless, could Bush have done a better job at handling the war, YES. I think he should have deployed a much larger amount of troops. I think he underestimated what those people over there could do. Intelligence should have found every key building, not only key to the pople of Saddam, but key to the terrorists. I think Bush kind of forgot that if we go over there, its not only going to be the Iraqis that we are fighting.

I think the problem sould have, should have, and needed to be handle without an actual war at all. The problem wasn't that we didnt have enough troops. The problem was we couldn't tell which civilians were our enemies or not. There was no possible way we could'va had that war with Iraq without killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians, and in that case i believe we should have avoided war.

Yes, I am happy Saddam is out of there because initially getting him away from Iraq will probably end up saving many lives and countries from destruction. But i still don't think it was worth as many lives as what it took. There are other ways, we have the best lawyers and strategists in the world, why don't we just take our time to figure one out?
[FONT=Courier New]
B||-----------------------------|---------------------||
G||*--------7h8-7---------------|--------------5-----*||
D||*------------------7h8-7-----|--------5--------7--*||
A||---0--0---------0---------0--|--8--7-----7---------||
:cool: Ckandes1
[/FONT]
# 14
DreamRyche2112
DreamRyche2112
09/12/2004 1:34 am
It's funny, tons of Iraqi people moved to my youth group. they were Bilingual with both islamic languages and American languages. They were talking about how horribly the media portrays the war on iraq, these people said that about 90% of all things that go on there are positive. They say the media makes such a big deal about all the negative things. I am sorry for the lives lost in Iraq, but there is a price for freedom, and the Iraqis appreciate that. we have made a new ally in this, with Iraq.

And now they have found out that all the things said about Bush's past are wrong. The letters talking his physical, and past record etc. were all forged. the media portrays Bush to have a horrible pat record, they also portray the war in iraq.
# 15
ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/12/2004 3:25 am
We can all agree that Bush screwed up...no one is perfect but do you honestly think that kerry can fix this??? The guy changes his mind way to much to be president..(thats just my opinion tho)
In memory of Randy Rhoads
# 16
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ekstasis16
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/12/2004 3:55 am
There's obvious flaws and possible failures in both methods - you either get a guy that changes his mind a lot, or you get a guy who's so fixed on one desicion that even if it's wrong, he won't admit the mistake and will then look for a new purpose to justify that desicion.

Either way there's potential for a screw-up. Let's face it, neither of these guys is FDR or Kennedy, we don't have that choice this time. But it ultimately comes down to picking between one of two people. There are those who will always throw away their vote or try to make a statement by voting for an alternative party. But at this point in time with this particular election, it's going to be either Kerry or Bush for certain, so you gotta pick the one that pisses you off less I guess. It ain't pretty this time around, but even democracy isn't perfect.

I think it'd be great if Mickey Mouse got enough votes this year for the news to report it.

www.erikhagen.net
Web - Photo - Audio
# 17
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/12/2004 3:39 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneoh one more thing... more people with college educations vote democrat than republican.

Hmm...where to begin? Oh right, here's ANOTHER generalization. Which actually happens to be wrong. More people with college educations vote republican, HOWEVER more people with graduate degrees vote Democrat. Which, yes, means people with a higher education ALWAYS vote democrat! Oh, wait, NO! Actually it means that more than 50 % of those out of graduate school vote Democrat, this certainly cannot be assumed to mean "OH, well smart people vote democrat and dumb people vote Republican!" I've met smart and stupid people from both sides of the political spectrum. It is unfair and unsound to make your argument. Besides, those with Graduate degrees in ECONOMICS usually vote republican. There are exceptions to every rule, so it's not a great idea to present this as if it should end any discussion.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 18
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/12/2004 3:44 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneNearly all of them are voting for Kerry. Shouldn't that tell you something?

Yeah, it tells me that people you know happen to be voting for Kerry. I LIVE in Norfolk, the largest navy base in the world. I've spoken with more military than I can count, and almost all of them are voting for Bush, it's all situational, so no, your statement tells me nothing. You're saying "I know guys in the military. They are voting for Kerry. All the military is voting for Kerry" That's like saying, "I know a guy, and he has a good tennis racquet. He is very good at tennis. If I buy this Racquet, I will be very good at tennis because everyone with this racquet is very good."
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 19
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
09/12/2004 5:43 pm
Originally Posted by: PonyOneOh and FTR, my dealership is about 1hr from Camp Pembleton (there are a few marines there), 20 mins from Long Beach Naval Base, and three blocks from Los Angeles AFB. it's situated between Hawthorne and Torrance, both of which are working class suburbs with many young people in the military, so, it's not like I'm chilling out in Beverly Hills where once every four hours someone that was in the military strolls through.

Great, all you're doing is proving my point that it's all situational. I know many army personnel who have been in Iraq and who support Bush, you know many who don't. Great. "Shouldn't that tell you something?" No, it tells us only that the army is split just like the rest of the damn country.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.