View post (Bush)

View thread

ketsueki15
ketsueki15
09/04/2004 5:51 pm
whats so bad about his vietnam past you say?
A few of these have nothing to do with vietnam.

VVAW - Vietnam Vets. against the war
January 31, 1971 to February 2, 1971 the Anti-American Propaganda Center Stage--Winter Soldier he was in.
he accused other of war crimes yet he did them him self
April 18, 1971, a quote from an interview "meet the press"
John says: "There are all kinds of atrocities, and I would have to say that, yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed in that I took part in shootings in free fire zones. I conducted harassment and interdiction fire. I used 50 calibre machine guns, which we were granted and ordered to use, which were our only weapon against people. I took part in search and destroy missions, in the burning of villages. All of this is contrary to the laws of warfare, all of this is contrary to the Geneva Conventions. " If you would like the audio from this interview then ask.

Kerry testified before the Senate about his trips to the Paris peace talks, and his "negotiations" with representative from North Vietnam. Kerry made at least two such trips, attempting to "broker" deals with officials from the North, which he on various occasions, attempted to press politically upon the United States.
some of you may think "well whats wrong with making peace deals?" well this is why
"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both. (18 U.S.C. §953)" He didnt have the authority.

Kerry rejected the american falg : Minutes of a VVAW staff meeting (attended by Kerry) discuss a trip that is to be made by executive director Al Hubbard to Hanoi and whether he is to go as a representative of VVAW or a private individual, because of the concern of how the trip will be received ("how his return from Hanoi will be handled"). Also, it is agreed that no American flags will be displayed at VVAW's offices so as to avoid any "bad feelings".
Kerry and is VVAW decided to seize and barricade themselves in the Statue of Liberty one night on December, 1971.
In December, 1992, John Kerry, urged the first President Bush to "reward Vietnam within a month for its increased cooperation in accounting for American MIA's." Kerry was and became one of the Congress' most stalwart supporters of the normalization of relations with Vietnam and the resumption of trade, much to the chagrin of veterans' groups and supporters, who have called for years for greater efforts in accounting for MIA's and POW's.

Less than a month after Kerry's efforts with the President, Vietnam announced the awarding of a contract (essentially for the rebuilding of Vietnam) worth almost a billion dollars, to Colliers International--international real estate consultants--based in Boston, Mass. Kerry's counsin, C. Stewart Forbes, by the way, was Colliers CEO.

At a ceremony to establish a memorial to the "swift boat," Kerry spoke of the War on Terror, and the fact that he backed President Bush...: "100 percent on the decisions he's making. We are completely united on this war. If he does well, the country does well and good for him. We can't be vigilant enough, tenacious enough, nor, in some cases, bold enough, in prosecuting this war on terrorism. "
Kerry was Against Flag Burning Amendment: Kerry voted against a constitutional amendment on flag desecration

SOURCES- http://www.seanrobins.com/kerry_chronology.htm
Bush may have not gone to Vietnam but It would have been better if Kerry hadnt gone.

PS- my spelling sucks..lol Its to early in the mornin for me
In memory of Randy Rhoads