View post (Bush)

View thread

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
09/07/2004 2:36 am
While I'm further along to the left than most people, I hate how Kerry gets painted as a "Massachuesetts Liberal". The inherently negative connotation that goes along with that phrase angers me. Somehow "Texas Conservative" gets off scott-free.

It amazes me that this is even a close election at all. When we examine Bush's record on domestic policy we see that it is nearly nonexistant, aside from a few tax cuts for his buddies, and the Patriot Act. Which are both bad things in my eyes. I gotta hand it to the Republicans though, they are untouched when it comes to spinning an issue in their favor and for running some of the most ingenious smear campaigns of all time (anyone else remember Dukakis in the tank circa '88?) If Bush truly deserved to be reelected he would've proven it by now considering both houses of congress, and the supreme court are all Republican majority.

I live in the biggest battleground state of this election (Ohio), and have the privilege of seeing both Bush and Kerry alot as they visit my state at least once a week. In fact, Kerry was in my town of 3,000 people only 2 days ago to survey some flood damage around our area. I feel like my vote is extra special this time around, and find myself more involved than if it were any other election.

I don't believe any one candidate is the answer to problems plaguing our nation and the world. But when sized up next to each other, I firmly believe that Kerry is the clear choice, partisanship aside. If only people wouldn't vote for things that won't change like gun control and abortion...
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile