Yet another song!

Guitar Tricks Forum > Listening Post > Yet another song!

grizzlymint

Hey guys and gals. I had been meaning for quite sometime to write a song about another place of refuge in my life other than music---the river in my town. I fish religiously, mostly in that river. Greatest stress reliever in my life, along side of music.

So this is what I came up with: The River

This is a fairly simple song, but its my favorite that I've recorded yet. Probably due to the topic.

Enjoy. Constructive criticism and comments appreciated.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.

Hey guys and gals. I had been meaning for quite sometime to write a song about another place of refuge in my life other than music---the river in my town. I fish religiously, mostly in that river. Greatest stress reliever in my life, along side of music.

So this is what I came up with: The River

This is a fairly simple song, but its my favorite that I've recorded yet. Probably due to the topic.

Enjoy. Constructive criticism and comments appreciated.
Let your soul shine. Its better than sunshine. Its better than moonshine. Damn sure better than rain.

iceandhotwax

i really didnt care for the tone of the guitar, but i really like the song , it is very nice to me

i really didnt care for the tone of the guitar, but i really like the song , it is very nice to me

Bar Chord Nick

Full Access

I like it. The tone works for me. I think the vocals are much better on this song. Not so heavy on the vocal effects helps I think. Thing I found annoying was the hiss. It was worse in some places than others. Maybe try a noise gate or something to clean that up. I can't really say because I don't know what's causing it.

Overall I think it's a winner.
My Sound Click Page

I like it. The tone works for me. I think the vocals are much better on this song. Not so heavy on the vocal effects helps I think. Thing I found annoying was the hiss. It was worse in some places than others. Maybe try a noise gate or something to clean that up. I can't really say because I don't know what's causing it.

Overall I think it's a winner.
My Sound Click Page

grizzlymint

Nick, may have been a phaser I added somewhere. I'll pull that off and repost, because I believe I heard it to, just didn't hit me as annoying at the time. Thanks for listening and commenting guys. Always appreciated.

Nick, may have been a phaser I added somewhere. I'll pull that off and repost, because I believe I heard it to, just didn't hit me as annoying at the time. Thanks for listening and commenting guys. Always appreciated.

Bar Chord Nick

Full Access

If you didn't hear it then maybe it's soundclicks. I listened to the HIFI. I'll try the MP3 and see if it's still there.
My Sound Click Page

If you didn't hear it then maybe it's soundclicks. I listened to the HIFI. I'll try the MP3 and see if it's still there.
My Sound Click Page

Bar Chord Nick

Full Access

It's on the MP3 too. It's just white noise. I'm listening on head phones. Not noticeable on my speakers. It's worse on the chorus' sections if that help.
My Sound Click Page

It's on the MP3 too. It's just white noise. I'm listening on head phones. Not noticeable on my speakers. It's worse on the chorus' sections if that help.
My Sound Click Page

grizzlymint

I took off the phaser I had in there, but theres still chorus on the guitar. Can't remove that, and I want it there. But yeah, lemme know if you still here it because I took it off and reuploaded it.

I took off the phaser I had in there, but theres still chorus on the guitar. Can't remove that, and I want it there. But yeah, lemme know if you still here it because I took it off and reuploaded it.

earthman buck

Pretty good stuff, man. I didn't like this one as much as the other two, but it still held its own.
Can't a Captain look at a Queen?

Pretty good stuff, man. I didn't like this one as much as the other two, but it still held its own.
Can't a Captain look at a Queen?

grizzlymint

Thanks for listening earthman. I've been criticized a bit on this one. Apparently the lyric structure is "incorrect." I have no writing background, so not really sure what that means. Also been told that the lyrics sound like they should be for a folk song rather than the rock song I made it into. Also been told I'm hard to understand and I sound like a 35 year old man. Whatever that means... Perhaps some revision needs to be done on this one in one form or another.

But thanks for listening guys and commenting. Always appreciated.

Thanks for listening earthman. I've been criticized a bit on this one. Apparently the lyric structure is "incorrect." I have no writing background, so not really sure what that means. Also been told that the lyrics sound like they should be for a folk song rather than the rock song I made it into. Also been told I'm hard to understand and I sound like a 35 year old man. Whatever that means... Perhaps some revision needs to be done on this one in one form or another.

But thanks for listening guys and commenting. Always appreciated.

maestro shaz

I think this track is good Grizzly.

About the lyrics, that's up to you really. Write what you feel.

But I hardly ever listen to lyrics of songs, cos I can't hear it.
My ears tend to focus more on the music instead.

Back to the track, nice melody, not overly done in the solo. It gives me the feeling of that river your expressing where ever it is in this world Wink

But it seems to have that affect on me.

Wink Keep 'em coming Grizzly
MuSiC RoCkZz
My Music
myspace.com/maestroshaz Cool

I think this track is good Grizzly.

About the lyrics, that's up to you really. Write what you feel.

But I hardly ever listen to lyrics of songs, cos I can't hear it.
My ears tend to focus more on the music instead.

Back to the track, nice melody, not overly done in the solo. It gives me the feeling of that river your expressing where ever it is in this world Wink

But it seems to have that affect on me.

Wink Keep 'em coming Grizzly
MuSiC RoCkZz
My Music
myspace.com/maestroshaz Cool